Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Suggest a poll
 Poll: Are you involved in KR Forums?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

greengirl
Seriously Hooked

Taiwan
679 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  07:34:04 AM  Show Profile Send greengirl a Private Message
I just sat down and read The Anatomy of a Knitter As Revealed in the KR Polls for the first time. What a great article...

I would guess that after 4+ years of doing polls, almost everything about knitting habits has been asked, sometimes multiple times. What I am curious about is how KR readers are actually using the forum. I am always surprised to see how quickly the numbers go up on the weekly poll. It's Sunday morning, and there over 1300 responses to the current poll. Clearly there are a lot of people reading KR and checking out Clara's yarn reviews and other features that are not participating in the forum.

I think it would be interesting to ask how involved the person is in KR forums... The questions could be something like this:

Regarding your relationship to KR forums, how would you describe yourself?
  • Addicted. I check the boards as often as possible, usually many times a day.
  • A regular. I often visit and post, but not everyday.
  • Wallflower. I read a lot, but almost never post.
  • Been there, done that. I tried it out, but it wasn't for me.
  • I don't do online boards.
  • What? There's a forum on KR?

Maybe it would even draw some people into check out the Forums that haven't been here in a while, or who have never been here. Just a suggestion! --greengirl

"What I try to do is break the days down into sections: morning, afternoon and night."
--from Jennifer Avalon's essay: The Scorecard

Sabrina
Chatty Knitter

USA
341 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  09:09:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sabrina's Homepage Send Sabrina a Private Message
Cool idea - I would say I'm addicted (even though days/topics may go by without a post from me)
Go to Top of Page

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  11:27:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message
Need to add: Lurker - I read it, but haven't gotten up the courage to join or post.

-Wendy
Did you know God was a knitter?
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalm 139:13

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/Momma78239/StripyFixationribbedsocks.jpg[/IMG]
Oh, no, I'm blogging now! Click to see it!
Go to Top of Page

JustJackie
Chatty Knitter

265 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  2:40:54 PM  Show Profile Send JustJackie a Private Message
Great idea!!I'm with Sabrina-"addicted" I read but haven't posted a new topic just reply to others.
Jackie
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

4004 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  3:21:52 PM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
I'm between addicted and regular.

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  4:56:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message
Look under my name - Permanent resident? And I've only been here for 7 months? I'd say I'm addicted.

-Wendy
Did you know God was a knitter?
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalm 139:13

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/Momma78239/StripyFixationribbedsocks.jpg[/IMG]
Oh, no, I'm blogging now! Click to see it!
Go to Top of Page

Miss_Lizzyisaknitter
Chatty Knitter

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  7:37:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Miss_Lizzyisaknitter's Homepage  Send Miss_Lizzyisaknitter a Yahoo! Message Send Miss_Lizzyisaknitter a Private Message
Addicted. I check the boards as often as possible, usually many times a day.

Lizzy
~~Proud Knitter~~
mom to Jaemie & Christopher Jr
i'm a "chatty knitter" yay!
Go to Top of Page

watusiebabe
Chatty Knitter

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  7:46:18 PM  Show Profile Send watusiebabe a Private Message
I'm addicted also.Like Lizzie, I check the forums many
times a day. I enjoy all the posts and reading the blogs.
I learn a lot by doing this.If truth be told,I enjoy reading
about knitting as much as I like doing it.
Thanks to all who have such wonderful blogs.

Franzhere
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  7:48:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
Addicted. Definately.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

When I can look Life in the eyes, / Grown calm and very coldly wise, / Life
will have given me the Truth, / And taken in exchange---my youth. -Sara
Teasdale, poet (1884-1933)

Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  08:04:45 AM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message
Wendy, how would "lurker" differ from "wallflower"? Newer member?

I fall somewhere between addicted and regular. Yes, I'm a permanent resident, but that only happened a few months ago...and I've been a participant here since 2001 (I think...can't remember!). But I am addicted in that I love KR and need my fix, even if it's only to read.

edit: January 2002 ...just over 1 post a day since.

chris

Keep on knittin', mama, knittin' those blues away!
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  08:32:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
I refuse to answer this poll on the grounds that I may further incriminate myself.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

franna724
Seriously Hooked

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  10:43:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit franna724's Homepage Send franna724 a Private Message
Definitely addicted, but I don't post every day.

Anna
Go to Top of Page

RoseM
Permanent Resident

Canada
1898 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  11:32:46 AM  Show Profile Send RoseM a Private Message
Another addict here!
RoseM
Go to Top of Page

e_looped
Seriously Hooked

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  11:48:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit e_looped's Homepage Send e_looped a Private Message
I go through phases. Sometimes I'm an addict, other times I'd consider myself "A been there done that" because I don't have the time. Now that I'm spinning, I'm moving back to addict status.

erica :)
http://erica-lee.org/knit/blog/archive.html
Join the Midwest Knitters' Blog Ring
http://midwestknit.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pjkite
Permanent Resident

1198 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  12:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit pjkite's Homepage  Send pjkite a Yahoo! Message Send pjkite a Private Message
Definitely an addict - I can't really knit at work, but I can read KR Forums!

Pamela Kite
East Tennessee
http://fiberlife.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

gibsongirl
Seriously Hooked

965 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  1:41:57 PM  Show Profile Send gibsongirl a Private Message
Addicted, indeed--I'll check and post multiple times each day, although it takes me a while to warm up if I've been away from the computer for a few days, as there are so many messages to browse in order to get back in the loop.

-gibsongirl
Go to Top of Page

Bookworm
Chatty Knitter

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  4:52:45 PM  Show Profile Send Bookworm a Private Message
I'm definitely a wallflower. I read the forums almost every day, but rarely post b/c I don't feel I have too much to add. I'm a fairly quiet person, anyway. Hazel
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  4:59:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
This is definitely worth revisiting. I asked this in June 2004. 1236 people responded, and the results were very intriguing:

Nah. That's not my kind of thing. 154
I have a few times, but that's about it. 543
I usually check them out once a week when I get my newsletter. 356
I try to visit every day to stay current on what's happening. 151
Yes - hourly! 32

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

greengirl
Seriously Hooked

Taiwan
679 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  05:12:51 AM  Show Profile Send greengirl a Private Message
Well, and I thought that it might not have been discussed before! There are just too many polls. Thanks for posting the results, Clara. Definitely would want to wait until it has been at least a year before revisiting the topic.

"What I try to do is break the days down into sections: morning, afternoon and night."
--from Jennifer Avalon's essay: The Scorecard
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2210 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  05:31:35 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
addicted - normally online and check every five or ten minutes.

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

Sher
Permanent Resident

1292 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  06:40:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Sher a Yahoo! Message Send Sher a Private Message
Addicted: I check the Active Topics each morning and sometimes again later in the day, if I have time!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.89 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?