Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Suggest a poll
 Poll suggestion: Knitting Blogs?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

greengirl
Seriously Hooked

Taiwan
679 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  05:28:26 AM  Show Profile Send greengirl a Private Message
Well, I at least searched the Recent Polls, and couldn't find the word "blog" on that page, so I would guess that this is a subject that hasn't been polled on...

What do you think about knitting blogs?
  • I've had one for a long time, and I am a firm believer.
  • I recently jumped on the bandwagon and started one myself. Everybody's doing it.
  • I don't have one, but I am tempted to start one.
  • I don't have one, but I love reading them.
  • They don't interest me at all.

I personally fall in the category of someone who doesn't have one, but enjoys reading them. I don't think I will ever start one... although I love knitting, and think it's a great way to show off finished projects, it seems a little strange to me... I just can't explain it, but I don't think I could justify to myself that enough strangers would be interested in reading about my knitting to justify an entire blog...

"What I try to do is break the days down into sections: morning, afternoon and night."
--from Jennifer Avalon's essay: The Scorecard

MMario
Permanent Resident

2208 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  05:33:02 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
I don't understand them at all - but enjoy reading them - though usually running through my mind is "how much more useful this information would be if it were posted in a public forum"

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

abbierose
Seriously Hooked

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  05:40:37 AM  Show Profile Send abbierose a Private Message
I recently jumped on the bandwagon! I'm having so much fun, and it's prompting me to keep better track of all the steps to my projects.

I don't really care if other knitters read my blog. I gave my friends and family the address, and they can check and see what I'm up to whenever they want. I think it's kind of fun. (Of course, it's more fun now that I've figured out how to use the software...sort of!)

Melissa
http://tiaknits.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

gmtlvsred
Warming Up

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  07:41:36 AM  Show Profile  Send gmtlvsred a Yahoo! Message Send gmtlvsred a Private Message
I do not have one, but am tempted to start one. I am fairly technically minded and think it would be fun. I just think that the reader would get bored with what I would enter.

Knitting in red,
Knitting in blue,
As long as I'm knitting,
My smile is true
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4400 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  08:26:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
This is a good question! I'll run it in the polls this week. Thanks greengirl!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

e_looped
Seriously Hooked

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  08:49:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit e_looped's Homepage Send e_looped a Private Message
I've had a blog for over three years. I love having some sort of place to write about my life and my knitting. Yes, it's public and it has to be filtered but it's an outlet for me to write. I've actually made a few friends through the blogs and now have a circle of people that I know of in my area, who aren't on the forums.

I love reading other people's blogs. Blogging is not something that will appeal to everyone.

erica :)
http://erica-lee.org/knit/blog/archive.html
Join the Midwest Knitters' Blog Ring
http://midwestknit.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

AgnesB
Permanent Resident

USA
1152 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  10:01:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit AgnesB's Homepage Send AgnesB a Private Message
I have had my blog for half a year and tend to agree with erica. I don't go to any knitting meet up because I am kind of shy to meet new people and find it hard to have small talk. However, I do make a few friends through my blog and I enjoy it. Besides, sometimes trying to write something down, either the problems you encounter in a project or new inspirations you have while working on one, tends to force you to be more organized in thoughts. I like both knitting and blogging as they tap on the creative energy in me.

[img]http://photos3.flickr.com/6944418_c76df65d6c_m.jpg[/img]
Knitting in the Valley My Kitty Album
Everyone ought to worship God according to his own inclinations, and not to be constrained by force.
-Flavius Josephus
Go to Top of Page

busygirl
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
1673 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  2:07:37 PM  Show Profile Send busygirl a Private Message

I don't have a blog,but I certainly enjoy reading other knitters' blogs.

Leslie
Go to Top of Page

roofth
Seriously Hooked

USA
649 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  3:22:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit roofth's Homepage  Send roofth a Yahoo! Message Send roofth a Private Message
I've had a blog since 2002 - but i didn't start knitting and posting pics of my projects until last fall. i agree, blogging is not for everyone (DH still doesn't understand it), but it's fun to show people what you've been knitting up and working on, as well as meet new people online!
Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  4:19:40 PM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
I have absolutely no idea why I started my blog, except that it seemed the next logical step.

I'm continually amazed at how many ppl do look in. I average 25-30 hits a day.

I love being able to talk about my projects as thoroughly as I want to, wihtout worrying about taking up someone else's bandwidth. I love being able to post the photos. Now, if I could only convince more ppl to leave more comments, I'd be a happy camper.

Barbara
Remember, we're self-selecting!

My photos:
My blog:
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth