Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Ideal Name for a Yarn Shop
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lsupnet
New Pal

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2002 :  3:05:03 PM  Show Profile Send lsupnet a Private Message
If you could name a yarn shop what would it be?

kristajo
Gabber Extraordinaire

Canada
436 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2002 :  7:27:25 PM  Show Profile Send kristajo a Private Message
I dunno but there's a shop in my area called "Passionknit." I think that's a pretty good name!

Go to Top of Page

mokumegane
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2002 :  07:36:15 AM  Show Profile Send mokumegane a Private Message
I really like the name of a local LYS called "It's a Crewel World" It makes you chuckle a little because of the wordplay!

Amanda

Laugh- it keeps you sane!
Go to Top of Page

Bumblebee
Warming Up

Australia
62 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2002 :  3:31:46 PM  Show Profile Send Bumblebee a Private Message

One of the Australian online sites is called The Wool Shack. It's not a play on words or anything but I like it cos it has a cute little sheep as its logo, plus it always reminds me of the B-52's song 'Love Shack'.

Go to Top of Page

Patience
Permanent Resident

USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2002 :  7:51:39 PM  Show Profile Send Patience a Private Message
I think that if Clara ever opens up a yarn shop, <ARE YOU LISTENING, CLARA?> it should be called Knit Happens! That's a great "knit" take, on a popular phrase and it's sooooo appropriate.

As for Clara having the time (yeah, right ), let's put it this way.....in between all of her normal everday workload, her KR workload, and her general all around the house workload....do I sense a "load" of work piling up here or what? Oh well, one can dream, can't one?

Hugs, Patience
Go to Top of Page

mokumegane
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2002 :  04:54:47 AM  Show Profile Send mokumegane a Private Message
Hey, do you remember seeing that advertisement in magazines that said "Got Yarn?" Lol, reminds me of the got milk commercials!

Amanda

Laugh- it keeps you sane!
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2002 :  05:06:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
The LYS in Rehoboth Delaware had the best name, I think - The Knitty Gritty

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
Go to Top of Page

kdcrowley
Permanent Resident

USA
4773 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2002 :  10:40:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit kdcrowley's Homepage Send kdcrowley a Private Message
Rough Purls.....

Knitpickers....

A Stitch in Time....

Just my .02

Go to Top of Page

lsupnet
New Pal

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2002 :  3:29:35 PM  Show Profile Send lsupnet a Private Message
Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas! it's tough to come up with a name!!! I've been going between a list of about 10 and you guys have added to it. Hope to share when I come to the final countdown. You'll have to give me your input!

Thanks and Happy knitting always.
Lina

Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2002 :  11:33:33 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
The Knit Shoppe! Short, sweet, and to the point with balls of yarn with needles sticking out.

Zola
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2002 :  11:39:57 AM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
How about Knit 1, Purl 1 or if you really want to get knitter oriented "S1, k1, psso (Slip 1, knit 1, pass slipped stitch over)." I couldn't resist. Beverley

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live!"

Bev
Go to Top of Page

pritty
Chatty Knitter

217 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2002 :  12:34:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit pritty's Homepage Send pritty a Private Message
The Yarn Store. It's what everyone ends up shortening it to anyway.

Kathy, knitting Mama to Madeline
Go to Top of Page

hannacanna
New Pal

16 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2002 :  1:37:20 PM  Show Profile Send hannacanna a Private Message
I like the Yarn Barn. It rhymes, it's goofy, and (especially if the shop is actually IN a barn) it's descriptive.

Yarn Barn!
Go to Top of Page

sandra2340@surfbest.net
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2003 :  4:07:11 PM  Show Profile Send sandra2340@surfbest.net a Private Message
I am moving close a town in South Carolina called Varnville, so naturally I've already conceived an idea for a name in case I open a shop there - Yarnville at Varnville!
Go to Top of Page

Emaruottolo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
472 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2003 :  07:43:35 AM  Show Profile Send Emaruottolo a Private Message
My vote is for "Knit Happens" I just loved that one. When I was really into Tole painting a few years ago, I got a tax id number and wanted to name my "business" (selling at craft fairs) "For Whom the Belle Toles" my DH didn't like that name. Oh well, to each his own.
gain happy 2003 to all.

"Happiness is not the destination, but the road traveled."
Go to Top of Page

Simplicitly
Chatty Knitter

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2003 :  12:20:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Simplicitly's Homepage Send Simplicitly a Private Message
I think it's fun to think of names for things (being pregnant it's pretty much all that consumes my mind these days) but I also think it's important to be original. Sadly I'm not in Austin anymore *pout* but if I ever go back that way (I'm sure I will) I'd love to stop by your shop. My contributions for names are as follows:

In the Knit
Yarnmonger
Where There's a Wool (There's a way)
Austin City Yarns (OK so it's not original but it will come first in the yellow pages heh)
Yarnology

OK 5 is all I can eek out. Best of luck!

Novice Crafter
Professional Geek
Go to Top of Page

yulindasong
New Pal

9 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2003 :  1:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit yulindasong's Homepage Send yulindasong a Private Message
Love all your ideas!
There is a website I always thought was really clever...

www.nakedsheep.com

Go to Top of Page

DeliaDog
New Pal

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2003 :  6:31:49 PM  Show Profile Send DeliaDog a Private Message
Purls Before Swine! You could have a little yarn/pig logo thing! LOL[/b

Go to Top of Page

DeliaDog
New Pal

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2003 :  6:31:55 PM  Show Profile Send DeliaDog a Private Message
Purls Before Swine! You could have a little yarn/pig logo thing! LOL[/b

Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2003 :  6:40:26 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, DeliaDog: Welcome to the forums you are going to fit right in. I can tell by the name you picked. I love it. Beverley

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live!"

Bev
Go to Top of Page

DeliaDog
New Pal

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2003 :  7:15:30 PM  Show Profile Send DeliaDog a Private Message
Thank you! I can tell this is a friendly place.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.75 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?