Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Spinning gadgets and accessories
 Check out this niddy noddy
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

purlwise
Chatty Knitter

259 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2005 :  2:27:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit purlwise's Homepage Send purlwise a Private Message
Just thought I would share a link to this unique niddy noddy.

http://tinyurl.com/d7srd

Some might not like it's simple design but I think it's the most functional one that I've ever used. Why?, well I always seem to wind my yarn on my niddy noddy too tight and then have a hard time getting the skein off. With this niddy noddy, that problem is eliminated because the side bars are removable.

I've seen it at a couple of classes that I've taken this year but couldn't find a source to purchase one. A local shop owner (who owns one herself) mentioned that she thought the maker was no longer in business because she hasn't been able to contact him for several years now.

I just did another Google search and found a source. It looks like the maker, Howell's, in back in business and Village Spinning & Weaving (www.villagespinweave.com) is carrying his products.

Regards,
Melinda
www.purlwise.com

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2005 :  4:02:35 PM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
They make nice weaving shuttles too!

Trish
Go to Top of Page

ragtimedog
New Pal

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2005 :  6:13:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit ragtimedog's Homepage Send ragtimedog a Private Message
Nice! I made one out of pvc pipe because I was disgusted with the pretty wooden one I bought that all the yarn would slide off of. I do a similar thing - just pull one of the cross pieces off. I have enough pipe to make several sizes, but just haven't gotten around tuit.
lil

To err is human,
to forgive, canine
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9714 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  10:06:47 AM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message
Very nice niddy noddys...

OT: I like that Magicraft Little Gem II wheel from the same URL. I wonder what the rolling treadle action is and what it means to my ankles. Hmmmmm? Must see it!

lella [img]http://smilies.sofrayt.com/^/9971/omelet.gif[/img]
http://zippiknits.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Stacey14
Permanent Resident

1120 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  10:10:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stacey14's Homepage Send Stacey14 a Private Message
I have a PVC one too that I made (a whopping $1.60!) and I love it for that same reason - the ends pull out, so after I wind, I pop the end out and the skein comes right off. Also, I can dye and wash yarn right on it! Submursable! :)

My Blog:On And Off the Needles
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?