Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Knitting AT the Movies (as opposed to in)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Martheme
Sustaining Member

USA
1565 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2002 :  11:22:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martheme's Homepage  Send Martheme a Yahoo! Message Send Martheme a Private Message
Hi all,

Does anyone else knit in the movie theatre? I recently brought a x-mas project (scarf in very chunky yarn & size 15 needles) with me to the Harry Potter movie. My DH thought it was strange (my Dad was also with us and it didn't seem to bother him, though he wondered how I kept track of what I was doing in the dark). I'm suppose to go see Two Towers tonight and I'm disappointed as all my currently pojects require either tiny stitches, following charts or both so I don't have anything to take with me.

Just seems like a waste of good knitting time to me! Anyone else?

Martheme

Martheme of Sheep Hearth of Golden Leaf Camp
visit the EC Fans site http://ecfans.com/forums.htm

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2002 :  11:29:14 AM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Martheme:

Don't see any reason why you shouldn't knit at the movies. Perhaps you could keep a plain scarf to work on while there. You could call it your movie scarf.

Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

linda-gail
Permanent Resident

USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2002 :  11:32:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit linda-gail's Homepage Send linda-gail a Private Message
There's no point in wasting perfectly good sitting still time, is there? I bring my knitting with me - selected projects, of course. I don't think I'd bring a project on DPN's in case of needle droppage, but almost everything else I knit is on circs, so I don't have to worry. As long as it's stockinette or ribbing - something that doesn't require counting, I bring it along. My husband has gotten used to my project bag accompanying us everywhere. He doesn't argue or complain, he just purchased a couple of nicer looking tote bags for my projects!

Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2002 :  11:41:23 AM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Linda-Gail: What a sweet thing for your husband to do. Hang on to him. He sounds great. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

kdcrowley
Permanent Resident

USA
4773 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2002 :  12:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit kdcrowley's Homepage Send kdcrowley a Private Message
My first knitting movie was HP 2. I took a green chenille thing that I was working on. Easy knitting...all garter and straight knitting...I stopped when I reached the point of doing decreases. Funny thing is that my hands got really tired, and I had to stop.

Recently went to see Santa Clause 2....Took a ball of yarn and needles and started a new scarf, that may wind up as a gift for little girl, based on the joy in my son who was so happy to see the scarf that I gave him....that was mine when I was little bitty.

I will continue to do movie knitting, the problem is that I don't go to very many movies due to lack of babysitting.

Go to Top of Page

Knit2Relax
Gabber Extraordinaire

433 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2002 :  1:51:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knit2Relax's Homepage Send Knit2Relax a Private Message
Hi! I find I enjoy the movie experience even more if I'm knitting. It's relaxing if you are just knitting something easy like a scarf. I use wooden needles at the movies so that no one can hear the clanking of the needles and I keep it down low on my lap so that it doesn't bother anyone around me. I knitted half of a Christmas gift scarf during "Two Weeks Notice" last Friday. :)
Go to Top of Page

reelgrrrl
Chatty Knitter

USA
229 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2002 :  11:32:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit reelgrrrl's Homepage Send reelgrrrl a Private Message
Im a total movie knitter! My friends used to be embarassed but now they're surprised when I DONT bring something. I didnt take my knitting to LOTR:Two Towers when I went to see it. I could have finished a whole sweater as long as that movie was! (well, maybe thats an exagerration) but I went to see the first showing when it opened (12:01 AM wed morning) so I fugured I'd be too tired to pay much attention much less knit. (it was REALLY awesome by the way, and since it was the first showing there were people in costume. It was so FUN. I mean, where else but LOTR premier can you get hit on by a Hobbit?)

http://cherryduckie.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Martheme
Sustaining Member

USA
1565 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2002 :  11:33:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martheme's Homepage  Send Martheme a Yahoo! Message Send Martheme a Private Message
LOL! Reelgrrl, check out Spin Off Magazine, they have Hobbit feet slippers!!!!

I went to see Two Towers Monday night, with out any Knitting! The movie was great but I had a hard time sitting still that long without anything to knit. Guess I'll have to buy some yarn and start a scarf or something just to take to the movies from now on! Maybe I should do an afgan or something . . . . esp. with how long movies have gotten lately!

Happy knitting and movie watching everyone!

Martheme of Sheep Hearth of Golden Leaf Camp
visit the EC Fans site http://ecfans.com/forums.htm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.97 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.