Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Things we do Besides Knitting
 Recipe Swap
 "Trailer Park Punch" (Batch Margaritas)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mean Mama
Permanent Resident

USA
1138 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2005 :  3:11:35 PM  Show Profile Send Mean Mama a Private Message
At last--warm weather has arrived in our corner of the world! These margaritas are not as strong as my normal recipe, and perfect to sip as you watch the sun set over our salt marsh at the beach. :> Being easy to make ahead is a big plus!
p.s.> You are on your own if you decide to knit with one of these in hand!

Trailer Park Punch
Makes 30

From The El Paso Chile Company Margarita Cookbook
"Sometimes everyone you know piles into a van and heads over to your place for a good time. With a mob on the way, a big ponche (punch) of some kind is just the ticket. This one goes together quickly and tastes great even when made with inexpensive tequila. It starts out a little stronger than you may want, but when the ice that keeps it cold begins to melt the drinks come out just right. (of course, you might want to serve it over lots of ice anyway to help with that.)"

· Two 12-oz. containers frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
· 3 cups tequila (I use white)
· 3 cups water
· 2 cups orange liquor, like Triple Sec
· 1 cup fresh lime juice

optional: slices of lime, lemon or oranges to garnish when serving

Combine all ingredients in a plastic or glass container and chill well (preferably overnight).

To serve: if pouring from a giant RubberMaid pitcher, serve each serving over LOTS of ice. Or, if you have some big bowl to hold it, you can add a frozen block of ice & fruit slices. (You can make ahead in an empty orange juice box, then tear off the cardboard when you need it.) Martha Stewart wouldn’t approve, but then again she’s been eating off a tin tray . . .

-- Mean Mama

xmasberry
Seriously Hooked

826 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2005 :  4:04:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit xmasberry's Homepage Send xmasberry a Private Message
whoo hoo! we had a margarita party last weekend: wish i had this recipe then. i got a book and typed out about 10 recipes, making sure i had ingredients for them all, and then anyone could mix whatever they wanted. it was a blast.

holly x
"do what you love, love what you do, leave the world a better place and don't pick your nose" -Jef Mallett
little miss messy hair's blog
Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2005 :  4:20:53 PM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
Double Woo Hoo's here. I love any recipe with triple sec or Cointreau or Grand Marnier or what the heck.....I love any orange flavored liquer!

This is perfect for Arizona summers......will try this weekend!

Thanks.

Trish
Go to Top of Page

Busyhands
Permanent Resident

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2005 :  8:22:54 PM  Show Profile Send Busyhands a Private Message
Trish, if you love orange liqueur and live in AZ with good citrus access, then do I have a recipe for you! I do a homemade one...hold on, lemme go find it. Haven't been able to find the ingredients since I moved to Iowa - bleh. Squeeze two mandarin oranges and two tangerines, and use a zester or potato peeler to remove the orange part of the peel. To the juice and zest, add 4 cups of vodka. Let it sit for a month. Strain and add 1 cup of simple syrup. I actually like this one better than the commercial versions...
Lin

"Wearing cheerful, multicolored hats is a public service, easy to perform, and of incalculable value." - Anna Zilboorg
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Busyhands/elisaintunnel.jpg[/IMG]
Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2005 :  10:23:51 PM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Busyhands

Trish, if you love orange liqueur and live in AZ with good citrus access, then do I have a recipe for you! I do a homemade one...hold on, lemme go find it. Haven't been able to find the ingredients since I moved to Iowa - bleh. Squeeze two mandarin oranges and two tangerines, and use a zester or potato peeler to remove the orange part of the peel. To the juice and zest, add 4 cups of vodka. Let it sit for a month. Strain and add 1 cup of simple syrup. I actually like this one better than the commercial versions...
Lin

"Wearing cheerful, multicolored hats is a public service, easy to perform, and of incalculable value." - Anna Zilboorg

MMMMmmmmmmm....that does sound good!.......Can I blame you if it gets me in trouble???

Trish
Go to Top of Page

Busyhands
Permanent Resident

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  08:41:51 AM  Show Profile Send Busyhands a Private Message
"Can I blame you if it gets me in trouble?"

Trish - the price for blame-taking is that you have to send me some fruit so I can get into trouble with it too, ok?

Makes a good margarita...or mixed with cranberry juice...or in Squirt or your favorite citrus-y soda...

Lin

Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  09:36:50 AM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
It's a deal!

Trish
Go to Top of Page

Steph7
Warming Up

63 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  5:18:00 PM  Show Profile Send Steph7 a Private Message
Holy cow! I had a really sucky week, and decided to make today all about me. I mixed a pitcher of these margaritas and floated on a raft in the pool all afternoon. I am getting close to sober now! These are not as strong as your usual recipe??? Oh my. LOL...I am struggling to sober up enough to get dressed to go listen to some band somewhere. I'm not sure on the details, I'm only sure that I'm not driving! Thanks for the recipe, but I think it should come with a warning label. If I picked up my knitting right now, no telling what would happen.

Steph
Go to Top of Page

Two Sticks and a String
Permanent Resident

USA
1453 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2005 :  05:22:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Two Sticks and a String's Homepage Send Two Sticks and a String a Private Message
Love the name... I'm having a housefull today at the beach... This one will surely be served..

Dorene

"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away." -Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Sabrina
Chatty Knitter

USA
341 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  10:24:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sabrina's Homepage Send Sabrina a Private Message
This is absolutely the BEST recipe for margarita's I've ever come across. I fixed it this weekend, and plopped the whole batch in the freezer. Since the tequila doesn't freeze, I can stir, ladle it into a Margarita glass, and have/give some whenever the need strikes. Thanks Meanmama!!!!
Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  3:04:46 PM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
I tried them last week too, and all I can say is....

...they didn't last long. Oink, Oink!!!

(they were reallllly good....thanks for the recipe.)

Trish

P.S. Hey Clara, I think we need a piggy smiley!
Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  01:06:52 AM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
Trish, have you ever tried Sabra? It's an Israeli liquor made from oranges and chocolate flavoured. Yummmmm!

Barbara

Healthy conservatism promotes the continuity of civilization, the importance
of community, the dangers of thoughtless change. It does not, or should not,
assert the right of white, Christian heterosexual males of a certain age to
limit the rights of everyone else. The past 100 years of social history has
been dedicated, on good days, to constraining the dominance of this
minority. Yesterday was a good day: J.Ibbotson, June 29/05, on the passing of the same-sex marriage bill.

Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  12:16:26 PM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
Yes indeedy Barbara!...I love Sabra....I found out about that several years ago when I was in the military. Luscious stuff.

Of course....now, I'm looking forward to trying those ice wines...or should I say ice wine (singular)...so pricey.

Trish
Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  3:34:20 PM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by azknitter

Of course....now, I'm looking forward to trying those ice wines...or should I say ice wine (singular)...so pricey.

Trish

Ah, but a little goes a long, long way. It's incredibly . . .umm rich? That's not quite right, but i don't know how else to describe it.

Barbara

Healthy conservatism promotes the continuity of civilization, the importance
of community, the dangers of thoughtless change. It does not, or should not,
assert the right of white, Christian heterosexual males of a certain age to
limit the rights of everyone else. The past 100 years of social history has
been dedicated, on good days, to constraining the dominance of this
minority. Yesterday was a good day: J.Ibbotson, June 29/05, on the passing of the same-sex marriage bill.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe