Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Talk about books reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Brioche Stitch Hat
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kate612
New Pal

20 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2005 :  7:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kate612's Homepage Send Kate612 a Private Message
Hi everyone...I've been reading the posts about the brioche stitch and so far they've been a fantastic help! I'm stuck on Crown Round 2 and I hate to guess on what to do next because I've come so far - there's no way I'm frogging at this point! It says to follow the pattern until I come to 2 D stitches together and then to work them in a special way with the slipping and yarn-over-ing (which all makes sense) but here's what happens: on my left needle I start with 2 L stitches, 2 D stitches (a flag goes up, these are special!) and so forth. So I follow the pattern, i.e. slip the first L stitch, yarn over, and then....disaster. The pattern calls for me to p2tog, but if I do that I will have purled the L and D stitches together, and will no longer have 2 D stitches together, just 1 D stitch and 2 L stitches further on the needle. I'm sure I'm making a silly mistake or reading the pattern wrong, but I can't figure it out. Has anyone gotten past this point? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Sketcher
Gabber Extraordinaire

597 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  09:50:01 AM  Show Profile Send Sketcher a Private Message
Are you doing the hat from Melanie Fallick's book?

You might want to post under the topic "Stuck on a pattern" and/or use the search feature up in the right hand corner. There was a thread called "Melanie Fallick's Brioche Hat" that discussed the decrease section.

good luck!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?