Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Desert Island Stash
 desert island stash
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

raichris
New Pal

Australia
20 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  12:24:53 AM  Show Profile Send raichris a Private Message
If I was stranded on an Island I would like a ton of homespun yarn circular needles about size 4.5 mms and Jackie Fees sweater book.Raina

RoseM
Permanent Resident

Canada
1898 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  10:57:57 AM  Show Profile Send RoseM a Private Message
I'd be happy with Fleece Artist yarns (all the various types) and the entire size range of Addis and Bamboo straights. Instead of any patterns, I'd settle for loads of paper, pencils and erasers (force me to think without a pattern and design). If there was still room . . . could I take my digital row counter, please? And I'd need a cat to get into the yarn, otherwise I couldn't have the true knitting experience
RoseM
Go to Top of Page

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  11:49:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message
May some sz 35 or 50 needles and some pretty bulky yarn to knit a shelter to live in??? and some medium size needles with strong light weight yarn so I could fish for food. ah, I guess I'm just too practical.
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2209 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  12:04:23 PM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
heck- If I'm gonna be stuck on an island then I want a lifetime supply of qiviut.

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

bevq
New Pal

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2005 :  06:58:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit bevq's Homepage Send bevq a Private Message
Hmm- decisions, decisions...

I would bring a size 8 knitting needle as you can do so much with that size. I don't care what brand.

Yarn... Simply Soft... it's my favorite cos I make tons of baby and preemie things and it works so well.

Book--- I make up my own patterns as I go for the most part, but if I had to choose, I would print off maybe 30 pages of my fave online patterns and make that into a book. =) Baby things, afghans, socks that sort of thing. And I would need to knit a hammock, so if there is a pattern for that!!....

HUGS!
Bev

Knitting mom-2-5!
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth