Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 an un-knitting story
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

JeninChicago
New Pal

35 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  2:55:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit JeninChicago's Homepage Send JeninChicago a Private Message
One of my kitties, Odin, an orange and white Birman, LOVES wool! I had finished a KPPPM sock and 1/2 finished the second one when, overnight one night, he opened the snap on my knitting bag, pulled ot the ziploc that the socks were in, chewed a hole in the bag and ate an english muffin sized hole in the finished sock and a ping pong ball sized hole in the other!!! He's also chewed up two hanks of KPPPM that my mother bought. He worked open the zipper on her suitcase when she was visiting, crawled down under TWO large books, ate through a plastic bag and pulled out the two hanks!! He looked like a little dog running thru the house with the yarn hanks in his mouth!

Must be said that after all that yarn consumption I was a little concerned with his digestive tract but he was none the worse for wear!

Now ALL my yarn stays locked in my closet with the rubber wedge pushed under the door so he can't pull the door open!!

Jen in Chicago
Go to Top of Page

GrandmaHatter
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
440 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  5:23:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrandmaHatter's Homepage Send GrandmaHatter a Private Message
We have a cat that looks JUST like yours. Like Rudy, ours is a monster, but he is also the biggest baby and sweetest cat ever. Ours is named Friday the 13th, and he has yet to outgrow the siamese cat mischeviousness, even though he is four years old.

Kristin

www.kristingoedert.com
Go to Top of Page

VaxGirl
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
511 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  06:37:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit VaxGirl's Homepage Send VaxGirl a Private Message
I think your kitty must be related to my Puff, sometimes known as devil Puff. I think he was a spy in a former life. He can sneak up on me, grab the ball or skein, and run off with it before I know what's happening. My days of leaving the knitting out unprotected are over...
Go to Top of Page

MissPooh
Angel

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  09:26:42 AM  Show Profile Send MissPooh a Private Message
He's so cute for a Rudy Kazootie! He is in what I refer to as the 'kamikaze kitty' stage of life. It's so much fun to watch them in that stage. They do tend to do the most active fun things when no one is around to play with them. There was a time when we would walk in the front door to toilet paper coming down the stairs.

I have one who becomes very loving when the flea/tick drops are put on. It's almost like she's saying, "If I make a nuisance of myself, you will wash this stuff off me." She had to sleep in my lap while I was knitting on a sock last night, got right next to me in bed, and then stood on me when she got up before jumping off the bed.

Neither of my cats has any interest in my projects so I'm really lucky that way.

Mary Lou

"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

MindfulKnitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

445 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  11:51:55 AM  Show Profile Send MindfulKnitter a Private Message
All of your cats sound adorable! Just two suggestions -- are you guys feeding them enough? And secondly, maybe you could give them some inexpensive balls of yarn to play with or old socks or maybe just some kitty toys. Just a thought. Our Boots is past that stage. He just enjoys the end results of our labors. He has his own special favorites. He is especially partial to a Jo Sharp that Jennifer knitted for him. Or rather, it was supposed to be for us, but now it is his. Anyway, enjoy your babies and thanks for sharing the cute stories.

Best wishes,
Patty and Jennifer

To know even one life has breathed easier because you lived . . . this is to have succeeded.
Go to Top of Page

cats
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  1:39:24 PM  Show Profile Send cats a Private Message
The amount of food a cat is fed doesn't have an effect on their yarn habits. My female cat (just a regular DSH) is 16 - 17 lbs which is only about three pounds overweight for her frame size but she's obviously not missing any meals. She loves getting into the yarn and stringing it all over my apartment. They have two tons of toys.

I wouldn't recommend giving them some old yarn to play with because it can be really harmful if it is swallowed.
Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  2:43:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
He's beautiful!! I have 4 cats and only my small one, Katy, has a tendency to go after yarn once in a while. She has out-grown the attraction pretty much now (she is 8 yrs old) but sometimes reverts to kittenhood.

I like Rudy for his name.

I keep my WIP in a bag when not working on it. Only problem is my other cat, Megan, likes to lick plastic bags. I have to watch her because this makes her sick sometimes.

=^..^= Debbie
Go to Top of Page

MindfulKnitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

445 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  1:14:45 PM  Show Profile Send MindfulKnitter a Private Message
Cats, we didn't mean to give the impression that the kitties should have the yarn unsupervised. Additionally, we didn't mean to imply that anyone was starving their cats. We really intended that as a joke. Sorry if we offended you.

Best wishes,
Jennifer and Patty

To know even one life has breathed easier because you lived . . . this is to have succeeded.
Go to Top of Page

cats
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  1:53:05 PM  Show Profile Send cats a Private Message
Gosh no I wasn't offended at all. I wasn't having a very good day when I wrote that. (My mother had called my boyfriend the day before looking for me when she couldn't get hold of me for a three hour period. Then the next morning she called me to remind me to call my bank about my ATM card. Like I wouldn't remember to do something like that!) I didn't mean to sound snippy or anything.

I swear though, my female cat will leave yarn alone that's laying out but will tear through bags to get at other yarn. My male cat only swipes at the yarn when I am knitting.

Go to Top of Page

MindfulKnitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

445 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  2:29:13 PM  Show Profile Send MindfulKnitter a Private Message
Hi Cats, we were so glad you weren't offended. We are sorry you weren't having a very good day. The nice thing about days like that is that they end and you get a new start the next morning. Sounds like your mom just loves you and wanted to make sure everything was ok. No matter how old our children get, we always feel like we have to look after them. Take care and have a lovely day!

Best wishes,
Patty and Jennifer

Go to Top of Page

zoeb
Warming Up

95 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  10:19:37 AM  Show Profile Send zoeb a Private Message
well, I sure hope he outgrows the yarn/wool fetish, but i have my doubts--he found a neck ribbing somewhere from a thrift store sweater I unravelled and he carries it around all day and sleeps with it, too --also it's cool here today and he saw me wearing my felted slippers for the first time--they sent him into a frenzy--he attacks me every time I walk past him-- and lastly, I have two skeins of newly dyed yarn hanging over the shower rod--the ends are up high, too--went into the bathroom and found them all snarled up in the bathtub--Rudy was there!
Go to Top of Page

MindfulKnitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

445 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  12:11:30 PM  Show Profile Send MindfulKnitter a Private Message
Zoeb, it sounds like you have a little felon there! Could you possibly buy him a little stuffed animal without anything that he could hurt himself on? Or maybe you have some old slippers that you could give him? It's just a thought. Maybe he'll outgrow it. Anyway, looking at the bright side, be thankful he's healthy and frisky. Just love him and hopefully he'll outgrow it. Have a lovely day!

Best wishes,
Patty and Jennifer

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?