Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Yarn Stores Around the Globe
 Shops near Frankfurt, Germany?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Little Kitty
Chatty Knitter

255 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  9:55:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Little Kitty's Homepage Send Little Kitty a Private Message
I'll be there in July for 2 weeks. Can anyone recommend shops within a 2-hour radius of Frankfurt? What about Prague (might be there for a day)?

~~ Lynette ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Gathering of Wool

klingklang77
Chatty Knitter

Australia
102 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  2:42:20 PM  Show Profile Send klingklang77 a Private Message
There is a store called Wolle Rödel in Stuttgart (about 2 hours south of Frankfurt) on Königstraße. The street is the main street from the train station. Stuttgart isnt really that exciting though. There is another Wolle Rödel in Tübingen, which is a 45 min train ride from Stuttgart (cute little University town, beautiful I was sad when I left!) , it is off a street from the Neckar Brücke. That store just opened right before I left, so I never got top visit it, but I went to the one in Stuttgart, but I was just starting to get into yarn there, so I dont remember much. I wish I had a website for you, I will look later for a link.
Go to Top of Page

klingklang77
Chatty Knitter

Australia
102 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  9:25:35 PM  Show Profile Send klingklang77 a Private Message
I looked up a web address for you,

http://www.wolle-roedel.de/

Sorry I dont have an email addy for you.

The website doesnt have much, but it does have stores in an around Frankfurt am Main. It also has Telephone numbers that you can always call when you get there, and dont worry most people speak English there. I had my address wrong about the Stuttgart store, sorry. The streets are near each other anyway.

I would say go to the one in Frankfurt, b/c it is a city the store might be bigger, and then if you are looking for a nice place to sightsee then go to Heidelburg and check out the yarn store there as well. I have never been to those stores or cities, except train stations (I lived in Germany for a year). Stuttgart and Tübingen are about 2 hours south, so those might be kind of far maybe for you. It is a chain store, but a pretty good one, for a chain.

I dont know of any in Prague, sorry.

Have fun!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.