Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Seeking Patterns / Free Pattern Links
 Women's Sweaters/Clothing
 Knit Pattern for Side to Side Sweater
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Toni N.
New Pal

9 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  10:54:40 AM  Show Profile Send Toni N. a Private Message
Thanks to anyone with ideas on the following. . . I am interested in knitting some "side to side" sweaters and would love to hear from any of you with your favorites. Best, toni

KnitSteph
Chatty Knitter

121 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  11:11:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit KnitSteph's Homepage  Send KnitSteph a Yahoo! Message Send KnitSteph a Private Message
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall03/PATTsonnet.html

And there's one in the Fall 2004 IK called Sideways Spencer.

My Knitting Blog
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
Albert Camus (1913 - 1960)
Go to Top of Page

Beckyh
Gabber Extraordinaire

471 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  12:41:48 PM  Show Profile Send Beckyh a Private Message
The Angel Island Shell is knit in an upside U manner. Here is a picture of mine.
It is easy to knit and fun.

Becky
Go to Top of Page

lemons
Permanent Resident

1692 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  1:13:47 PM  Show Profile Send lemons a Private Message
Ample Knitters group, www.ample-knitters.com, did a knitalong of Susan Esser's Cuff To Cuff, and that came in lots of different sizes, great and small. Investigate that, if you're interested.

lemons of missouri
Go to Top of Page

DietchGirl
Sustaining Member

USA
517 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  06:08:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit DietchGirl's Homepage Send DietchGirl a Private Message
There's also the Side to Side Ribbon Pullover in the Spring 04 Interweave Knits. This is my current wip - an easy, quick knit.

Felicia in NYC

"This is mohair." "Mohair", he said and placed the furry ball on his head. "Mohair for me?" - from a very funny moment with my boyfriend in a LYS.
Go to Top of Page

Andy
Seriously Hooked

USA
774 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2005 :  12:54:01 PM  Show Profile Send Andy a Private Message
I'm working on "Tilt" from Knitty.com. But I'm also looking for a side-to-side cardigan that doesn't have an emphasis at the bust...just a straight sideways knit with slim sleeves and long--below the fingertip length cardigan with a v-neck preferably. I've been looking on these sites that were mentioned, and thank you , but haven't found anything yet. Hoping to find a free pattern.

Andy-wommon
Go to Top of Page

lemons
Permanent Resident

1692 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2005 :  1:54:19 PM  Show Profile Send lemons a Private Message
You can certainly adjust the pattern for sleeve width and length of the cardigan. (I assume that's what you mean by fingertip length--the body, not the sleeve.) That's not hard to do if you have done a good swatch. I'm not sure what you mean by "emphasis at the bust" -- all the side-to-side cardigans I've ever seen have no designs at the bust level. And if there were, you could omit those, too. Was there some particular pattern you found like that?

lemons of missouri
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2005 :  2:07:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
Lemons, this is Tilt: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall03/PATTtilt.html

I see what she means about emphasis at the bust, and due to the construction, I don't think she could eliminate it without making a whole new pattern.

Amanda

"Is that my Not-Mine Sweater? Whoever gets that Not-Mine Sweater is very lucky."
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2005 :  4:01:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
Pat Kirkland (Yarn Barn in VA)has several side-to-side designs...

Lissa

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

Oh, and I now have a blog:http://knittnlissa.typepad.com/knittnlissa/
Go to Top of Page

lemons
Permanent Resident

1692 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2005 :  6:21:15 PM  Show Profile Send lemons a Private Message
A truly cool sweater, to be sure, I can see. I guess I just never considered it to be a true side-to-side, which is my error.

lemons of missouri
Go to Top of Page

Andy
Seriously Hooked

USA
774 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  09:35:58 AM  Show Profile Send Andy a Private Message
Did not see any cardigans that are side-to-side at Yarn Barn in VA, only vests and some picked up edge cardigans that hang poorly...no offense. [blush] I'm still looking I guess. Thank you for suggesting ideas.

Andy-wommon
Go to Top of Page

knittingloulew
New Pal

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  05:33:10 AM  Show Profile  Send knittingloulew a Yahoo! Message Send knittingloulew a Private Message
I have a book, though I'm not sure where I got it, called New Directions in Knitting. It has side to side patterns, diagonal patterns, etc. and it very interesting. I have made a couple of the sweaters and found the patterns to be easy to read, easy to do. Good luck. Regards, Mary
Go to Top of Page

Andy
Seriously Hooked

USA
774 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  10:16:04 AM  Show Profile Send Andy a Private Message
Thank you, I'll search for that book!

Andy-wommon
Go to Top of Page

knittingloulew
New Pal

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  05:23:24 AM  Show Profile  Send knittingloulew a Yahoo! Message Send knittingloulew a Private Message
Found the site where I got the book: New Directions in Knitting. It was from elann.com http://secure.elann.com/ProductDisp.asp?Name=New+Directions+in+Knitting&ProductType=1
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe