Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 How did you start the new year?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2003 :  11:22:33 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
I haven't started out good and it is just the first day. I was I going to get up early and start putting away Xmas stuff and decorating for winter, but I got a bee in my bonnet about this white tunic pattern I have somewhere and now I appear to be spending the day trying to find the pattern, very upset with myself for not doing the work I need to be doing, but I want to find this pattern. I thought it was in a Vogue Mag, but I have just finished looking through all my old Vogues which took longer than I had planned due to reading some of the articles that looked interesting and now I am going to start on my Interweaves, then I will have to go through the others, then start on my books. If I can find my pattern than I can go and do the work I should be doing as my house is calling to me. Can I get some sympathy here or what?

Zola

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2003 :  11:29:18 AM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Zola: You have more sympathy out here than you know. You just have to find that pattern. I know how it is with things like that. I hate (secretly I love)to have to look up something in the dictionary as I know that one word will lead to another, and another, ...! Two hours later you wonder what you were looking for originally. Don't worry about the house. It will get done eventually and if anyone comes in and doesn't like what they see--let them do it. Happy New Year and just remember this, life is too short to worry about housework. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

Anahita
Chatty Knitter

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2003 :  2:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Anahita's Homepage Send Anahita a Private Message
Zola -

Sincerest sympathy! But surely, you are having a good time looking through those magazines? I was looking for an article about tests to determine fiber composition, which I was sure was in an Interweave. It wasn't, but I realized again how many great things there are! It eventually turned up in a CastOn that wasn't even filed with the magazines. And now the yarn I wanted to test has disappeared!

Hope you find the pattern and see a lot of great stuff on the way!

Anne

Go to Top of Page

Martheme
Sustaining Member

USA
1565 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2003 :  07:30:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martheme's Homepage  Send Martheme a Yahoo! Message Send Martheme a Private Message
Baskets of Sympathy!

I totally understand what you are going through! I've got a cold and spent all my knitting time New Year's eve looking for my cold pills that had dispearred somewhere in the house!

However, when its knitting stuff your hunting through . . . what a great way to rediscover all the fun things you have stashed away in the backs of closets and cabinets and shelves!

and I totally agree with Bev, live is way to short to worry about housework!!!!

Happy New Year!
Martheme

Martheme of Sheep Hearth of Golden Leaf Camp
visit the EC Fans site http://ecfans.com/forums.htm
Go to Top of Page

platys
Seriously Hooked

USA
719 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2003 :  08:52:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit platys's Homepage Send platys a Private Message
I am so behind on housework. Between spending the holidays in Council Bluffs, spending all weekend with the BF when we got back, two cats, my own tendencies to make messes, and no time, my poor apartment is a pit. I did clean a ton yesterday after sending the BF home to play some Star Trek game. He came back for dinner, and I proudly asked if he noticed how much I had cleaned. He hadn't. *shakes head*

I had dragged two of my big yarn tubs out of the closet, in the hopes of organizing it all a bit better, andputting away yarn that had wandered out. Then I realized I was making even more of a mess (although it was cool looking at the yarn - I keep forgetting all that lovely handspun, hand dyed merino yarn that I bought off eBay years ago), got frustrated, and just crammed all the yarn randomly into the two available tubs. Oops. :)

Then, I took a nap, using the excuse that I'm getting over evil strep throat. Evil Iowan Strep Throat.

That's a whole other thing (as long as I'm rambling). :) I grew up in Colorado, but my mom's family is originally from Iowa, and that's where I went to college. I've always loved Iowa, although I ended up in Chicago after school. Now that I visit Iowa, I realize what a city girl I've become. I feel darn inauthentic. Maybe I should knit more. :)

Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2003 :  11:41:52 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
About 3PM I finally found the pattern in one of my new books, I really did think it was in a old mag. Oh well at least I found it, but then the yarn I had was't right and not enough. So I HAD to go on e bay to see if they had any and found some georgous cotton worsted Colinette and had to bid on it and got it by the way. So now I have spent more money on yarn and did not get my house done and my stash is no lower. I am looking forward to receiving yarn and I have the weekend to put away Xmas decorations and clean house. I did get the back finished to my last wip so I started another project as this is my last wip (kinda, sorta) Now I HAD to start this other project, because it is for a new baby and I don't want her to grow out of sweater before I get it knit. I think this finishes up this little topic, but I did want to fill you all in.

Zola
Go to Top of Page

linda-gail
Permanent Resident

USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2003 :  12:17:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit linda-gail's Homepage Send linda-gail a Private Message
I, too, spent New Year's Eve sniffling and with my congested head floating all over the place. I did get some knitting done, though - the sleeve on my husband's *#@&&$$ sweater is 6 inches longer than it was a day or two ago! I may finish it after all. Happy New Year to one and all.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe