Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Nice place to KIP, eh?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jennaknits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2005 :  12:13:47 PM  Show Profile Send jennaknits a Private Message
So my family is a bunch of sunworshippers...knowing what we now know about such things, I'm fine without it, but under moral obligation, I trek along to the beach with them and try not to get too burnt. The thing is, we have to be up with the sun and stay all afternoon, and all we do is...sit. We talk for a while, and then we just...sit. So I thought I'd occupy my mind with something in the 90 degree + heat yesterday...

Working on a wool sweater.

But hey, I got plenty done!

http://knitdiva.blogspot.com/

crise
Chatty Knitter

337 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2005 :  12:23:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit crise's Homepage Send crise a Private Message
LOL, my extended family spent the weekend at a resort that has a water park. My 2 year old only wanted daddy, so I sat under the umbrella knitting a sock! lol Yes, this is the same pair that I knit at the zoo.

Kris

2005 stats: 9 FO, 5 WIP, 6 USO, 1 Frogpond

How is it that my USO & WIP never decrease, no matter how many FO I create?

Go to Top of Page

MindfulKnitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

445 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2005 :  12:50:24 PM  Show Profile Send MindfulKnitter a Private Message
We're glad you all had such a nice time knitting. Jenna, how did you manage to work on a wool sweater? We read that and we can't imagine it. I mean wool is wonderful and it's nice that you were with your family having a good day, but knitting in the heat sounds so uncomfortable! How did you stay cool? Well anyway, we're glad you all had a wonderful time. Enjoy yourselves!

Best wishes,
Patty and Jennifer

To know even one life has breathed easier because you lived . . . this is to have succeeded.
Go to Top of Page

blazfglori
Permanent Resident

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2005 :  2:17:17 PM  Show Profile Send blazfglori a Private Message
Wow! What dedication it would take to knit a wool sweater at the beach. ;)

I'm on my way in a bit to our local school's playground with my boys, and I'm planning to take along my current project...a felted bag. :)

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

jennaknits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2005 :  2:23:54 PM  Show Profile Send jennaknits a Private Message
I'm just that hardcore. ;)

I hadn't gotten too much done on it yet, just about 3 inches on the back panel, but it doubled in size by the end of the afternoon, so it's not like it was draped over my lap. Now, had I gone with my original idea of working on my forever-WIP, a garter-stitch checkerboard blanket...

Go to Top of Page

blazfglori
Permanent Resident

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2005 :  6:12:12 PM  Show Profile Send blazfglori a Private Message
...and you said you guys just *sit* there?

Don't you swim or get up and go for a walk down the beach or anything?

Just sitting there *would* get dreadfully boring.
Good thing you brought along your knitting.
I'd go nuts just sitting there baking.

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

Two Sticks and a String
Permanent Resident

USA
1453 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2005 :  6:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Two Sticks and a String's Homepage Send Two Sticks and a String a Private Message
Jenna,
I can understand your dilema. I happen to live at the beach. (sigh) I sit there, (sigh) under my umbrella, (sigh) with my spf 45 on, (sigh) listen to the sound of the ocean and (sigh) knit away. It is tough, but someone has to do it!

Dorene

"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away." -Unknown
Go to Top of Page

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2005 :  9:44:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message
Dorene,

sounds like a tough job; but, may I help?
Go to Top of Page

koolsheep
Chatty Knitter

104 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  04:11:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit koolsheep's Homepage Send koolsheep a Private Message
Oh gosh, you poor things :P I plan on doing much the same when we go on vacation next month. Although, maybe I'll work on a summer Clapotis. I've been meaning to do that... Would be a bit lighter weight and less itchy than wool.

But here's the real question, Jenna. Are you working a top-down or bottom-up sweater in the round, or are you working it flat in pieces? If you're doing one in the round, then you do deserve some kind of knitting medal or something ;)

Karen
http://knitblog.thefegelmans.com
Go to Top of Page

Ivynforestsmom
Gabber Extraordinaire

465 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  07:28:30 AM  Show Profile Send Ivynforestsmom a Private Message
Ooo, add me to the list of sun-worshipping-sweater-knitters. I just came home from two weeks at the lake where I sat on the dock, drank Mike's hard lemonade, and knit away at my cardigan. It was awesome!!!

Yvonne
Go to Top of Page

jennaknits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  4:00:54 PM  Show Profile Send jennaknits a Private Message
Flat in pieces...sorry, Karen. ;) It's the Chicknits Ribby Cardi, and I'm totally in love with it.

Go to Top of Page

msgb
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
531 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  5:36:39 PM  Show Profile Send msgb a Private Message
I was recently out of the country for 6 1/2 weeks and 31 days of that I was on either the Queen Mary or one of the Princess ships. (Ihave Dvt and blood clots can can not fly to Europe). there were six days that we were not in port on the Qn Mary and there were 10 days on the Princess that we were not in port either and I had to keep myself busy. I brought 5 projects along. Completed 4 and if I hadn't forgotten 1/2 the yarn for the 5th project I would have started that one and probably finished as well. There are a lot of things to do but it is nice to be able to wear your creations to dinner.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe