Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Explain your answers!
 Favorite Time of day to knit
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

jmweis
Chatty Knitter

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2003 :  2:06:37 PM  Show Profile Send jmweis a Private Message
For this weeks poll (what is your favorite time to knit), I chose the early morning. Sometimes I get up earlier just to have some extra time knitting. But, if the choice had been there, I would have picked any and all times of day.
Jennifer

Sky
Chatty Knitter

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2003 :  6:46:21 PM  Show Profile Send Sky a Private Message
I don't get up early to knit, but I do get up early to do other things, so that I will have more time to knit later in the day. Like you, I wish that we had had the option to check three or more boxes.

Go to Top of Page

Sky
Chatty Knitter

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2003 :  6:46:21 PM  Show Profile Send Sky a Private Message
I don't get up early to knit, but I do get up early to do other things, so that I will have more time to knit later in the day. Like you, I wish that we had had the option to check three or more boxes.

Go to Top of Page

Emaruottolo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
472 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2003 :  05:59:57 AM  Show Profile Send Emaruottolo a Private Message
Morning, noon and night. But if I have to pick just one, I guess it would be at night. I like to knit before going to bed.
Elisa

"Happiness is not the destination, but the road traveled."
Go to Top of Page

Emaruottolo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
472 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2003 :  05:59:57 AM  Show Profile Send Emaruottolo a Private Message
Morning, noon and night. But if I have to pick just one, I guess it would be at night. I like to knit before going to bed.
Elisa

"Happiness is not the destination, but the road traveled."
Go to Top of Page

LJ
Permanent Resident

USA
1939 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  08:14:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit LJ's Homepage Send LJ a Private Message
My favorite time....Sunday afternoon. The house is clean, the clothes washed, the dog is asleep, and a good movie on tv/dvd.

Yesterday it was Pride and Prejudice and my homework for a Edie Eckman class I'm taking this coming weekend.

Linda

"Randy lay there like a slug...it was his only defense." Ralphie
Go to Top of Page

LJ
Permanent Resident

USA
1939 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  08:14:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit LJ's Homepage Send LJ a Private Message
My favorite time....Sunday afternoon. The house is clean, the clothes washed, the dog is asleep, and a good movie on tv/dvd.

Yesterday it was Pride and Prejudice and my homework for a Edie Eckman class I'm taking this coming weekend.

Linda

"Randy lay there like a slug...it was his only defense." Ralphie
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  11:56:58 AM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Anytime is a good time to knit as far as I am concerned. Beverley

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live!"

Bev
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  11:56:58 AM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Anytime is a good time to knit as far as I am concerned. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

kdcrowley
Permanent Resident

USA
4773 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  12:21:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit kdcrowley's Homepage Send kdcrowley a Private Message
Later evening after work is done, house quiet, I don't have to edit my TV watching for DS, and I need to calm down before going to bed....

A cup of tea does not hurt either.

Go to Top of Page

kdcrowley
Permanent Resident

USA
4773 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  12:21:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit kdcrowley's Homepage Send kdcrowley a Private Message
Later evening after work is done, house quiet, I don't have to edit my TV watching for DS, and I need to calm down before going to bed....

A cup of tea does not hurt either.

Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4381 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  4:11:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
After a long day at work, when I'm ready to settle down and relax... a nice Sunday afternoon works, too.

Jane
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4381 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  4:11:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
After a long day at work, when I'm ready to settle down and relax... a nice Sunday afternoon works, too.

Jane
Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  4:12:40 PM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message
I picked lunchtime, not so much because it's my favorite time to knit, but because I consistently knit every lunch hour. I thought about putting evening, but there are some evenings I don't get up offa the couch to get my needles. Since I've not trained the dogs to get my knitting bag, it sometimes stays in the closet while I stay on the couch.

I love to knit any time, any where!

chfis (feeling fishy today???)

I used to be normal, then I adopted a greyhound!
Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  4:12:40 PM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message
I picked lunchtime, not so much because it's my favorite time to knit, but because I consistently knit every lunch hour. I thought about putting evening, but there are some evenings I don't get up offa the couch to get my needles. Since I've not trained the dogs to get my knitting bag, it sometimes stays in the closet while I stay on the couch.

I love to knit any time, any where!

chfis (feeling fishy today???)

Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  5:33:25 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Chris, why no knitting sitting by couch?

Zola
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  5:33:25 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Chris, why no knitting sitting by couch?

Zola
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  8:15:59 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Zola: Chris probably doesn't want her dogs helping her knit when she's not there or even if she is. Dogs "love" to be helpful. I don't have a dog but would love one. They are such good company as well as fun. I would undoubtedly get evicted if I did though as I would be talking to the dog all the time, which is ok, it would be his answering that would get me tossed. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  8:15:59 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Zola: Chris probably doesn't want her dogs helping her knit when she's not there or even if she is. Dogs "love" to be helpful. I don't have a dog but would love one. They are such good company as well as fun. I would undoubtedly get evicted if I did though as I would be talking to the dog all the time, which is ok, it would be his answering that would get me tossed. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  3:16:29 PM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message
Hi, Zola! Bev's exactly right! I have two greyhounds who love my knitting. Cole, who is almost 40" tall, stands behind my recliner looking over the top, watching me knit. HannaH stands in front of the couch snuffling at the yarn with a hungry look in her eye. I made the mistake of leaving some cheap acrylic on metal needles on the couch when I was playing with a pattern one night. When I got home from work the next day, my bed was covered with what was left of the skein! Soggy wet, in shreds, completely unwound! Apparently, Cole thought it was a "stuffie" and he and HannaH had a really rousing time. Tony said the whole living room was tied up with it! My son thought I was going to kill the dogs, but no, they're just too sweet for words. I just pulled the needles out and tossed the yarn in the trash. I honestly thought they wouldn't be interested in it because it was acrylic...wool, I can understand, but acrylic??? Go figure!

So no knitting beside the couch...at least until I figure a way to keep the puppers out of it!!

chris

Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  3:16:29 PM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message
Hi, Zola! Bev's exactly right! I have two greyhounds who love my knitting. Cole, who is almost 40" tall, stands behind my recliner looking over the top, watching me knit. HannaH stands in front of the couch snuffling at the yarn with a hungry look in her eye. I made the mistake of leaving some cheap acrylic on metal needles on the couch when I was playing with a pattern one night. When I got home from work the next day, my bed was covered with what was left of the skein! Soggy wet, in shreds, completely unwound! Apparently, Cole thought it was a "stuffie" and he and HannaH had a really rousing time. Tony said the whole living room was tied up with it! My son thought I was going to kill the dogs, but no, they're just too sweet for words. I just pulled the needles out and tossed the yarn in the trash. I honestly thought they wouldn't be interested in it because it was acrylic...wool, I can understand, but acrylic??? Go figure!

So no knitting beside the couch...at least until I figure a way to keep the puppers out of it!!

chris

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?