Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Explain your answers!
 Favorite Time of day to knit
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  5:31:58 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Chris, I guess I was thinking more in the area of a nice frosted plasted container with a locked top which is what I keep my current projects in. The dogs could not get into unless they chew up plastic containers too. Thanks for the explanation it gave me a good chuckle visualising your house after the dogs finished with the yarn.

Zola
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  5:31:58 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Chris, I guess I was thinking more in the area of a nice frosted plasted container with a locked top which is what I keep my current projects in. The dogs could not get into unless they chew up plastic containers too. Thanks for the explanation it gave me a good chuckle visualising your house after the dogs finished with the yarn.

Zola
Go to Top of Page

Pookie
Chatty Knitter

255 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2003 :  10:25:54 AM  Show Profile Send Pookie a Private Message
The story about the greyhounds ands the yarn reminds me of the time my sister's cat got into her tatting thread. I'll leave the rest to your imagination...

Pookie in Seattle

Go to Top of Page

Pookie
Chatty Knitter

255 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2003 :  10:25:54 AM  Show Profile Send Pookie a Private Message
The story about the greyhounds ands the yarn reminds me of the time my sister's cat got into her tatting thread. I'll leave the rest to your imagination...

Pookie in Seattle

Go to Top of Page

PurlyGirlie
Chatty Knitter

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  11:14:01 AM  Show Profile Send PurlyGirlie a Private Message
I'm a student, so I like to knit right after I've come home from class and had dinner, and before I start my work for the night. It's key to spend some time watching TV and knitting to segue and calm down before pounds of reading... I also like to knit a bit before sleeping. It's so meditative - it's my "counting sheep" method...counting stitches!

Sarah

Go to Top of Page

PurlyGirlie
Chatty Knitter

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  11:14:01 AM  Show Profile Send PurlyGirlie a Private Message
I'm a student, so I like to knit right after I've come home from class and had dinner, and before I start my work for the night. It's key to spend some time watching TV and knitting to segue and calm down before pounds of reading... I also like to knit a bit before sleeping. It's so meditative - it's my "counting sheep" method...counting stitches!

Sarah

Go to Top of Page

PurlyGirlie
Chatty Knitter

USA
214 Posts

Sarah

Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  8:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
As my signature says, I knit 'on the bus', but also on the commuter train (LRT) and in the car (if I'm not driving) or at lunch...before I get out of bed in the a.m. (after my devotions, to promote quiet thought) and before I go to sleep at night...

-- Marg in Calgary

TLWKOTB
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  8:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
As my signature says, I knit 'on the bus', but also on the commuter train (LRT) and in the car (if I'm not driving) or at lunch...before I get out of bed in the a.m. (after my devotions, to promote quiet thought) and before I go to sleep at night...

-- Marg in Calgary

TLWKOTB
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2003 :  6:11:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
I knit in the morning and I frog at night. I just don't know how these projects get finished.......LOL
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2003 :  6:11:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
I knit in the morning and I frog at night. I just don't know how these projects get finished.......LOL
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Go to Top of Page

kristajo
Gabber Extraordinaire

Canada
436 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2003 :  08:25:20 AM  Show Profile Send kristajo a Private Message
I like to knit anytime, but I think my favourite is sitting outside in the afternoon sun.* Everything looks and feels so much better!

Krista Jo
http://knitwit.blogspot.com

*Preferably somewhere near the ocean. Atlantic, of course. But I'm stuck in Toronto for much of the year and Lake Ontario is a poor substitute.*

*Well, the Toronto islands are pretty cool.

Go to Top of Page

kristajo
Gabber Extraordinaire

Canada
436 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2003 :  08:25:20 AM  Show Profile Send kristajo a Private Message
I like to knit anytime, but I think my favourite is sitting outside in the afternoon sun.* Everything looks and feels so much better!

Krista Jo

*Preferably somewhere near the ocean. Atlantic, of course. But I'm stuck in Toronto for much of the year and Lake Ontario is a poor substitute.*

Go to Top of Page

kristajo
Gabber Extraordinaire

Canada
436 Posts

Krista Jo

Go to Top of Page

mtchen
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
564 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2003 :  10:08:12 AM  Show Profile Send mtchen a Private Message
Weekend mornings and afternoons are always good for knitting. During the week, however, I knit from after dinner to before bed.

Go to Top of Page

mtchen
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
564 Posts

Weekend mornings and afternoons are always good for knitting. During the week, however, I knit from after dinner to before bed.

Go to Top of Page

mtchen
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
564 Posts

Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2003 :  2:06:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
I'd knit all day if I could get away with it. Don't you just hate it when life gets in the way of knitting?

If I have to pick a favorite time it would be early afternoon, just after lunch. I really prefer to knit in natural light so this is a great time for me. I do have an Ott-Lite but I still like to have the curtains open and a cool breeze flowing through the room and most of my chores done, lets face it they'll never all be done.

Dee
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2003 :  2:06:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
I'd knit all day if I could get away with it. Don't you just hate it when life gets in the way of knitting?

If I have to pick a favorite time it would be early afternoon, just after lunch. I really prefer to knit in natural light so this is a great time for me. I do have an Ott-Lite but I still like to have the curtains open and a cool breeze flowing through the room and most of my chores done, lets face it they'll never all be done.

Dee
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.