Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Software
 AranPaint
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Deni
Chatty Knitter

198 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2005 :  07:50:51 AM  Show Profile Send Deni a Private Message
I came across AranPaint a few days ago by accident. I did a search and didn't find any discussion of it here.

It looks really neat. You can use it to create your own textural patterns to use in Aran-style knitting. There aren't as many different stitches available as in something like Stitch & Motif Maker and it doesn't do different colors, but it shows what the stitches look like instead of just working with chart symbols. And it's considerably less expensive. (AranPaint is $25US.)

I played with the demo a bit, transferring a chart I had written. There are some things I find a bit awkward in the interface, but overall it's not too hard to use.

There's also a nice set of stitches on the site that have been done by other people that you can get charts or text directions for and a really nice list of knitting links, some of which I hadn't seen before.

The overview page for the program is http://members.iinet.net.au/~coolhoun/overview.html
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe