Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Tried a VERY different yarn
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kfgardner
Chatty Knitter

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2005 :  9:24:03 PM  Show Profile Send kfgardner a Private Message
I was at Joann's tonight and saw a yarn there I hadn't seen before. It's called Sensations Thick 'n Thin. To describe it, its got mohair like eyelashes but every so many inches has thick fluffs of what seems like unspun yarn. It's definitely different. In my opinion, jury is still out on this one. I think I'll know for sure when I get to finish the project I started with it.

Kimberly

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  10:08:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
quote:
In my opinion, jury is still out on this one. I think I'll know for sure when I get to finish the project I started with it.

Sounds interesting. Be sure and let us know! ~~~~Jamye
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4152 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  11:19:57 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
What are you making with it?

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

blazfglori
Permanent Resident

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  2:53:01 PM  Show Profile Send blazfglori a Private Message
Sounds intriguing.

What are you making with it?

Inquiring minds... ;)

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

becka always
Permanent Resident

USA
1959 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  2:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit becka always's Homepage Send becka always a Private Message
Yes...we MUST know what u r making.....

Addicted to the Knit
Becka Always
Go to Top of Page

Two Sticks and a String
Permanent Resident

USA
1453 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  4:53:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Two Sticks and a String's Homepage Send Two Sticks and a String a Private Message
Hmmmm....
What are you planning?

Dorene

"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away." -Unknown
Go to Top of Page

kfgardner
Chatty Knitter

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  7:55:57 PM  Show Profile Send kfgardner a Private Message
Well....I have made a chemo cap with it because it is soft. Soft, but not the easiest stuff to work with. I don't think I'll be using it for this application again. Maybe for something else. It makes the cap look like it has "bubbles".

Kimberly
Go to Top of Page

knitdamsel
Chatty Knitter

223 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  8:18:01 PM  Show Profile Send knitdamsel a Private Message
It sounds like it would make a cute scarf, knit sideways in garter stitch, with big needles.

http://www.knitdamsel.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jennaknits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2005 :  1:20:00 PM  Show Profile Send jennaknits a Private Message
I've found that the Sensations yarns seem to have the common issue of looking neat but knitting up difficultly. Do let us know how this one goes.

http://knitdiva.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.94 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?