Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Shop owners and aspiring businesspeople
 Seeking Store Return Policy Information
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kalikat
Chatty Knitter

137 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2005 :  8:21:40 PM  Show Profile Send Kalikat a Private Message
I think 30 days is more than reasonable. I think store credit only is reasonable. The worst thing to start your day with is a cash return that empties your cash drawer. Don't forget to determine how to handle returns paid by check. People will buy stuff with bad checks and return for cash. Make sure the checks clear first. Also, don't forget that you can make acceptions to your policy if the situations warrants it. But a fairly stringent posted policy will stop people from taking advantage of your business.
Kat

http://photobucket.com/albums/b209/katknit/
Go to Top of Page

knitonebeadtoo
New Pal

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  3:50:46 PM  Show Profile Send knitonebeadtoo a Private Message
I just started a no needle return policy---because of those few people who buy, use, finish their project, and then return them! I would'nt want to buy needles that someone else's hands have used! Yuck! As far as yarn---I have a policy that you can return if un-opened. I got burned on that one by taking back some yarn that looked unused, only to find out that the person had swatched it, decided they didn't like it and wound the yarn under the label so I couldn't tell. I was so embarressed when a custmer--who luckly for me, was here taking a class, opened the yarn and said "hey I think this yarn had been used!" I immediately gave her a new skein---but then I am stuck with an open skein? I can't believe that knitters would do such things---it's just doesn't go together. I own a very small shop and just celebrated my one year anniversary---it's people like above that could make a new shop go under and they would be the one's probably saying "Oh, it's too bad that she couldn't make a go of it." Sorry for venting---but it gets frustrating.
Go to Top of Page

GailnCocoaBeach
New Pal

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2005 :  6:58:53 PM  Show Profile Send GailnCocoaBeach a Private Message
I have found also some strong abuse of a liberal return policy.
Yarn that comes back with the stench of cigarette smoke, bead strands missing half the beads, etc.....
I have gotten much tougher. Out posted policy is all yarn, book, pattern sales are final. Beads and findings may be exchanged only if they are in their original condition within 7 days of purchase and with receipt.

These rules are very bendable if you are a good customer and don't smoke.

Welcome to my Happy Little World
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.