Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 Retreat
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nuttyknittingmama
Chatty Knitter

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  10:44:31 AM  Show Profile Send nuttyknittingmama a Private Message
When is the Knitters Review Retreat, for the year 2005?

Gretchen

highdesertrose
Gabber Extraordinaire

Malta
544 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  10:52:39 AM  Show Profile Send highdesertrose a Private Message
I think we're all waiting to hear, hanging on pins and *needles*[:00]

~~justine~~
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  5:56:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Clara will announce it when she's ready to take registrations, but tradition has it the first weekend in November.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

megknits
Sustaining Member

USA
729 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  11:18:02 AM  Show Profile Send megknits a Private Message
I just decided this morning that if I'm lucky enough to get one of the spots this year I'm coming too and bringing my eight year old daughter, if that's o.k. with Clara. I really was bummed about not going last year due to some personal issues, so I'm getting psyched about this year.

While I haven't posted much lately, I've been an avid lurker....

Meg

There's two sides to everything. One knitter's knit stitch is another knitter's purl.
Go to Top of Page

nuttyknittingmama
Chatty Knitter

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  9:04:57 PM  Show Profile Send nuttyknittingmama a Private Message
I didn't get to go last year and i sulked the entire weekend. Anyways this year if it is the 2nd weekend i mighy come, that is the weekend that Lucy Neatby is going to be at the wilde and wooly yarn shop and i have already signed up.. but then again lily chin is going to be there in march of 06 so I might just have to rearrange some things.. miss out on Lucy Neatby and Have a great time at the retreat. OR take 6 hour classes with lucy neatby and still have a great time.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm having a hard decision here.. CLARA WHAT WEEKEND WILL IT BE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

MJB
Chatty Knitter

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  05:22:33 AM  Show Profile Send MJB a Private Message
This is all new to me.....where is the retreat located? how many people can go?

is there a general info topic ?
mjb
Go to Top of Page

Julie the Purple Chick
Chatty Knitter

166 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  09:07:30 AM  Show Profile Send Julie the Purple Chick a Private Message
Meg, It would be so great to see you again!

Julie - The Purple Chick
Go to Top of Page

trosttribe@bellsouth.net
New Pal

38 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  1:38:16 PM  Show Profile Send trosttribe@bellsouth.net a Private Message
Hi everyone, been away for a while, but back again :-)
Waiting to hear as well plans for the '05 Retreat....
Any new developments?

Blessings,
Barbie
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
1953 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  3:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
Meg, I second Julie's "emotion" - how lovely to see a post from you! It would be a delight to see you at the Retreat as we missed you last year. Hope things are going as well as they can for you & your family.
MJB, you can do a search for past Retreats - you'll see Forum stuff about it & then you can do a Newsletter search as well. These things will give you a broader scope of info than I could do in a single post.
Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nuttyknittingmama
Chatty Knitter

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  9:17:25 PM  Show Profile Send nuttyknittingmama a Private Message
Isn't this later than when Clara opens, registration usually?

It is driving me insane.. hopeing with all my heart that it is a weekend I can go, and meet all of you great people. I am not kidding. Plus of course the, shop time on saturday.

Do they usually have sock yarn?

Gretchen

"Knitting relaxes the: body, mind,and soothes the soul"
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  07:30:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
Gretchen, I went to the 2003 retreat and came back with some gorgeous sock yarn that I bought from Stony Mountain Fibers, I am quite sure the vendors will not disappoint you

If the KR weekend retreat dates just don't work out for you, perhaps you can join the midwestern retreat www.kneatles.com there are KR members registered one even from your neck of the woods.

Dee
~Licensed2Knit
www.Kneatles.com
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  08:35:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
Gretchen, it's a Friday thru Sunday weekend - no fear!

Lissa

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." --Dennis Wholey

Oh, and I now have a blog:http://knittnlissa.typepad.com/knittnlissa/
Go to Top of Page

CPAknit
Seriously Hooked

USA
738 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  09:20:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit CPAknit's Homepage Send CPAknit a Private Message
OK. well I guess I will be the person to speak up and suggest that the retreat may not be an appropriate place for an 8 year old. The retreat is a large group of knitters who spend 3 days in one large room (from as early as 7 am to midnight)with great food (family style),, several classes and a little shopping thrown in. I sign up for the retreat as a getaway from my everyday life to meet friends with a common interest. I do have children (they are a little older now) and I think kids are great, and we had a beautiful baby with us last year, but we sit for long periods of time and there isn't alot of room in our space for an 8 year old to play. I guess if you plan on spending alot of time away from the group, it might work.....

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  09:28:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Plus, that beautiful baby came with a full-time nanny (her great-grandmother) so that the mother (and grandmother - we had four generations of that wonderful family) could enjoy the retreat fully... so I second the "you may want to think twice" sentiment above. It also depends on the contract with where the retreat is held. You'd likely have to pay the fee for the food and lodging (it's not as simple as just tuck her in the room with you) and that may be financially prohibitive (it may not be, I don't know, but I know it would be for me)

In any event, I sure would love to see you again, Meg! I've been thinking about you, and was disappointed you couldn't make it last year!

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  09:50:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
Meg, be aware that Grave's Mountain Lodge charges PER PERSON, not per room, so you'd double your cost. I second the feeling that most of the folks who attend are escaping from family life, and don't want to deal with anyone's kids. I really hope you decide to come anyway - it's been WAY too long since anyone has seen you, dear!

Lissa

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." --Dennis Wholey

Oh, and I now have a blog:http://knittnlissa.typepad.com/knittnlissa/
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  09:52:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Yes, and to be clear it is Graves who charges that way, not Clara.

Go to Top of Page

nuttyknittingmama
Chatty Knitter

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  11:25:43 AM  Show Profile Send nuttyknittingmama a Private Message
Well the only thing about it is, I work every other weekend. I have already looked ahead and found out that i do work the first weekend of November, which really, really bummed me out. I wouldn't mind going to the one in Wisconsin, but that is out of the question. To far for just a weekend for me. Plus Syria is only a three hour drive for me, so it is really and ideal little jaunt. Plus it is the best excuse to leave early on the way up and stop at shops, between here and there.

Oh well, if it is meant to be, it will be.

Gretchen

"Knitting relaxes the: body, mind,and soothes the soul"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.