Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Spinning Articles, Magazines, Books, and Links
 For Newbie Spinners, Some Online Hand-Holding...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jeffnstasia@hughes.net
New Pal

4 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  11:20:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit jeffnstasia@hughes.net's Homepage Send jeffnstasia@hughes.net a Private Message
Just wanted to post based on Clara's latest issue... for anyone interesting in learning to spin with a handspindle, visit the Spindlers Yahoo! Group. It's a super-friendly bunch of folks who will talk you through your first attempts at making your own knitting yarn. The group was featured in a recent issue of Spin-Off.

This online guild is particularly welcoming of newbies seeking advice on spinning, making or buying their first handspindle, or resources for fiber. Moderator Nannette does an excellent job and the site is chock-full of links, articles, tips and tricks, and photos to assist you.

Visit them at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/spindlers/

Best,
Stasia In WI

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  11:23:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
I second that! I am part of the group and they are really wonderful.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

Seen on a church marquee: Blessed are the flexible, for they shall never be bent out of shape.
Go to Top of Page

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  12:23:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message
Cool!

Thanks for the link! I've been spindling for about 7 months now, and really loving it! I'm currently working on spinning up 4 1/2 oz of gold, lavender and brown soy silk.

-Wendy
Did you know God was a knitter?
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalm 139:13

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/Momma78239/StripyFixationribbedsocks.jpg[/IMG]
Oh, no, I'm blogging now! Click to see it!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe