Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Talk about books reviewed in Knitter's Review
 A call to end the L-d-L ruckus
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  04:53:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message
Hi all,

Let's end the ruckus and get back to the business/pleasure of knitting. I have received a very gracious apology from Teva, which I accepted in reply. I also noted to her that sometimes we hit the Send key before we can read over our message.

I told Teva that I intend to still knit the sweater for hubby, since he really likes it.

Hey, it's summer.....it's hot, it's humid, we're cranky and crabby. Stuff happens.

But ------------ now back to our regularly scheduled knitting!!!!!

Barb (celebrating her 2nd wedding anniversary today to my dear, dear college sweetie) in MI

"You can't get a hit unless you're swinging."

http://www.livejournal.com/users/graniterose/

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  06:07:27 AM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
Happy anniversary Barb!

Trish
Go to Top of Page

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  09:23:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by azknitter

Happy anniversary Barb!

Trish

Thanks! We first met in 1969, but life kept us apart until 2002. By '02 we'd both been through some rough matrimonial weather. In summer '02 he drove to NH and moved me back to my home state of MI (on July 4th, no less!). On 7/11/2003 we got married and since then life has been so good it's scary. We could bemoan how much time we lost but at our age (both pushing 60) we spend our time just being happy with each other and good to each other.

I was going to grill some steaks, but we have a golf lesson tonight, so the steaks will wait until tomorrow.

Barb in [an Ozone Action Day] Michigan

"You can't get a hit unless you're swinging."

http://www.livejournal.com/users/graniterose/
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  10:13:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
I missed the rutcus.........
I miss everything
but that's ok
I don't remember sh*t either
vi

none of this will matter in 100 years.......except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

allsmile
New Pal

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  10:25:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit allsmile's Homepage Send allsmile a Private Message
I was reading through the other threads last night. I'm glad everything's squared away. Happy anniverary, that's a great story!

*Vicki*

Check out my blog
Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  10:41:53 AM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by truly violet

I missed the rutcus.........
I miss everything
but that's ok
I don't remember sh*t either
vi

none of this will matter in 100 years.......except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/

It's OK VI.........We'll take care of you!..([crazy])

Trish
Go to Top of Page

becka always
Permanent Resident

USA
1959 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  12:07:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit becka always's Homepage Send becka always a Private Message
I agree, very well said, Barb and
HAPPY [blush]ANNIVERSARY!!
It's wonderful to hear of someone that is so joyfully [blush]married, no matter the age, the point is, you refound one another, how romantic!......POP goes the cork off the bottle of sparkling grape juice in celebration of your marriage!

[blush]Addicted to the Knit
Becka Always
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  09:49:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Thank you Barb - you make me proud to be a part of this place.

And happy anniversary!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

highdesertrose
Gabber Extraordinaire

Malta
544 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  11:29:03 AM  Show Profile Send highdesertrose a Private Message
What a great story, Barb, and hope you had a wonderful anniversary!

~~justine~~
Go to Top of Page

styledbykristin
Gabber Extraordinaire

391 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  6:43:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit styledbykristin's Homepage Send styledbykristin a Private Message
Happy Anniversary, Barb. I hope you enjoyed your celebration. I loved reading your story.

Kristin

www.styledbykristin.blogspot.com
www.styledbykristin.com
kristin@styledbykristin.com

Happiness is not having what you want. It is wanting what you have.
Go to Top of Page

Kimberling
Warming Up

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2005 :  09:29:36 AM  Show Profile Send Kimberling a Private Message
Happy Anniversary, Barb! What a wonderful, joyful life you must have together and appreciated each other because of your time apart and other marriage experiences. Be happy and good to each other.

Question - does your husband golf also? (I noticed you had lessons). My husband and I have very busy lives - we decided to take golf lessons together - it has been fun. NOW, he wants me to knit him all kinds of golf gear....

Congratulations Again!

Kimberling
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.86 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.