Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Crystal Palace Bolero
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sherrill
New Pal

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2005 :  07:45:34 AM  Show Profile Send sherrill a Private Message
I was wondering if anyone has knitted the Crystal Palace bolero at http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/trio_bolero.html? I really want to try it, but I want to do it in black and am not sure what a good yarn substitute would be. KR contributors seem to have so much knowledge--thought there might be someone out there who knows about this pattern. Thanks.

Sherrill

KathyR
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
2969 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2005 :  6:42:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit KathyR's Homepage Send KathyR a Private Message
I have no idea what you could substitute the yarns with but there are a couple of black Trio yarns on the website. The Fizz also comes in black as well as other colours which should look really great with the Fizz.

Whatever you choose - enjoy! And please let us know what you choose and how it goes.

KathyR

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
Go to Top of Page

sherrill
New Pal

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  06:20:00 AM  Show Profile Send sherrill a Private Message
Thanks Kathy. In the meantime, I saw a bolero made from Berroco's Leisure Class leaflet. I tried it on and I really liked it, so I am going to knit it when the yarn comes in. If anyone has any info about this, let me know. Thanks.

Sherrill
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4165 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  07:35:55 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
I made this bolero and it is really, really short...I added an inch or two at the bottom to make it look better on me.And yes, trio comes in a neat block/brown/beige colorway.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sherrill
New Pal

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  06:10:29 AM  Show Profile Send sherrill a Private Message
Kim, did you like how the bolero fits? I am on the small and short side, do you think I would need to add inches?

Sherrill
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4165 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  1:34:58 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
I'm short waisted but tall---I bet it would look fine on you.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.91 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.