Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Seeking Advice about Yarns
 Substitution for Fiesta Kokopelli
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kolar
New Pal

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  10:17:43 AM  Show Profile Send Kolar a Private Message
I'm seeking substitution suggestions for Kokopelli. It's quite out of my price range for making a sweater (Smocked on the Move from Interweave, Winter '03), and I was hoping someone could suggest a fitting, and budget-friendly, substitution that is of a similar composition.

Thanks!

DietchGirl
Sustaining Member

USA
517 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  5:02:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit DietchGirl's Homepage Send DietchGirl a Private Message
I think Brown Sheep Lambs Pride worsted is similar.

Felicia in NYC

"This is mohair." "Mohair", he said and placed the furry ball on his head. "Mohair for me?" - from a very funny moment with my boyfriend in a LYS.
Go to Top of Page

styledbykristin
Gabber Extraordinaire

391 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  5:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit styledbykristin's Homepage Send styledbykristin a Private Message
I think Brown Sheep Lambs Pride has a very similar fiber content. There is a great ebay store for buying Brown Sheep Lambs Pride. She sells by the ball, and by the cone (at great discounts). The ebay store is called Oregon Trail Yarns and Books. Here is the link:

http://stores.ebay.ca/Oregon-Trail-Yarn-and-Books

I've bought from her before. The shipping was prompt and her email responses were quick and friendly.

Kristin

www.styledbykristin.com
kristin@styledbykristin.com

Happiness is not having what you want. It is wanting what you have.
Go to Top of Page

Pamalama
Chatty Knitter

128 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  7:33:32 PM  Show Profile Send Pamalama a Private Message
Did you make the sweater? I am getting ready to make the same sweater and was also looking for an appropriate, less costly substitution. I was wondering about KnitPicks Andean Silk. I am not good at figuring out substitutions. I have Lamb's pride in my stash, but was looking for an excuse to buy more yarn.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?