Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 What are you reading now?
 The Historian by Kostova
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zissa
Chatty Knitter

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  09:55:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit zissa's Homepage Send zissa a Private Message
Anyone else reading this? I'm at the last 60 pages -- it's been an interesting read...great writing, engaging plot. Would love to hear what others think.

www.wordsandwool.blogspot.com

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4157 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  2:32:24 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
It just arrived yesterday...plan to read it as I recover from collar bone surgery! I'm so looking forward to it..

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4157 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  07:07:23 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
I finished this yesterday (read is slowwwwwly because it was so good). Very interesting book, very well written, I learned a lot....sort of a literary "DaVinci Code" that is not nearly as gruesome. I got a little tired of the structure in the second half (ie the dad's flashbacks) but the story was so good it didn't bother me too much.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mel1974
New Pal

23 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  12:04:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit mel1974's Homepage Send mel1974 a Private Message
My copy just arrived at the library. I can't wait to get started reading it.

-Mel

Visit my blog:
http://knittingandme.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LesleyKnits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2005 :  08:06:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit LesleyKnits's Homepage Send LesleyKnits a Private Message
A friend of mine just started a book club and we've chosen this for our first meeting. I'll be picking up my copy today. I'm glad to read such positive feedback about it :)
Go to Top of Page

Berchem
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
375 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  06:42:11 AM  Show Profile Send Berchem a Private Message
I am reading this now for my book club. It hasn't grabbed me as much as I thought it would. I get the feeling of deja vue as each chapter just seems to be more and more of the two characters going after Dracula. Nothing new seems to be happening, maybe as I get more into it. I am about halfway finished now though.
Go to Top of Page

LesleyKnits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  06:23:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit LesleyKnits's Homepage Send LesleyKnits a Private Message
Eileen, did you finish? I just did over the weekend. It was pretty good although I figured out the ending ahead of time. Still, I'm glad I stuck with it, it was interesting to learn about eastern Europe, a part of the world I know very little about.
Go to Top of Page

tsarina
Chatty Knitter

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  07:17:46 AM  Show Profile Send tsarina a Private Message
Loved it----
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: