Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Completion Issues?
 What type of stitch is this?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sencere1221
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  5:34:27 PM  Show Profile Send Sencere1221 a Private Message
I wanted to know if you take a look at the sweater on this website. I wanted to know what stitch was used to do the body of the sweater and what pattern was used for the sleeves. The link is
http://www.anthropologie.com/jump.jsp?itemID=6764&itemType=PRODUCT&iSubCat=893&iMainCat=11[/i][/i]

knit_chick
Permanent Resident

1484 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  6:17:05 PM  Show Profile Send knit_chick a Private Message
Can't tell you how to do the sleeves, but it looks like the body alternates between rows of garter, stockinette, and seed stitches with a 3x3(?) ribbing at the bottom and front.

http://knitchick.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

Wen
Permanent Resident

Australia
3244 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  7:46:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wen's Homepage Send Wen a Private Message
I agree about the body, I believe it is 2x2 ribbing for the bands. The sleeves have alternate sections of stocking stitch and garter stitch but they have also been scallopped in some way.

Wen

2005 stats: 7 FO, 9 WIP, 1 frogpond.
http://photos.yahoo.com/whdayus
Go to Top of Page

JulieB
Gabber Extraordinaire

Australia
521 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  8:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit JulieB's Homepage Send JulieB a Private Message
On zooming right in, I don't think it's garter stitch. The ridges are too thick for that. Perhaps seed stitch for a couple of rows, then a row of plain, then another couple of rows of seed stitch???

The other rows almost look like trinity stitch too, rather than just regular seed stitch. Each "bobble" is bigger than jsut a single stitch.

Julie.
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2046 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2005 :  02:19:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message
Kept zooming in and it sure looks like the neck/edge band is a 3 x 3 rib. The "plain" areas are stockinette stitch, another area looks like k1, p1 for a row, then p1, k1 for the 2nd row then k1, p1 for the 3rd row. Then a row of P. Thn repeat the sequence 3 times, followed by the k1, p1 row. I agree w/ Julie, on the trinity stitch. Could the sleeves be crochet? Just looking at the "pick up" from row to row makes me think that is what it is.

Isn't it fun to be able to "read" your knitting!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2005 :  08:15:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
Those not-garter bands look like welted ribbing to me. Is that what it's called? Alternating a few rows of knitting with a few rows of purling.

Amanda

A good friend: You knit faster than most women shop.
Go to Top of Page

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2005 :  09:11:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message
That's what it looks like to me, too - welts. My guess would be 3 rows of reverse stockinette, then 2 or 3 of regular stockinette.

And I believe the sleeves are crocheted. A variation on the layered rose technique.

-Wendy
Did you know God was a knitter?
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalm 139:13

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/Momma78239/StripyFixationribbedsocks.jpg[/IMG]
Oh, no, I'm blogging now! Click to see it!
Go to Top of Page

fmarrs
Guardian angel

USA
9776 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2005 :  09:58:31 AM  Show Profile Send fmarrs a Private Message
Yes, I agree with you. 3 by 3 ribbing around the edge. The body is worked in stripes of varying width of stockinette, trinity, stockinette, garter, and on the back it looks like some ribbing on the top. I think the sleeves are knit but with a stitch that incorporates short rows and slipped stitches. I made something similar one time and it had the word pouched in the name but I have no idea where to start looking for it now.

fran
Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2005 :  4:14:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
The sleeves look crocheted to me.

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

scholarli
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  09:36:32 AM  Show Profile Send scholarli a Private Message
I'm not at all qualified to hazard a guess on this sweater. I just wanted to thank Sencere1221 for the link to anthropologie.com. Their things are gorgeous!

Lis'
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?