Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Suggest a poll
 How many projects are you currently working on
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

westcoastchica
Seriously Hooked

Canada
788 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  11:12:53 AM  Show Profile Send westcoastchica a Private Message
I seem to consistently have three projects on the needles. Gives me enough variety. At the moment, I have an lacy tank top, knitty's Unbiased bag, and a ribby cardi on the go. Most of my stash hasn't yet decided what it wants to be, so I have no idea how many projects will come out of it....

http://sapphyreknits.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  3:43:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message
On the needles: second sock of a pair; multidimensional "triangles" scarf; bamboo tunic top; acrylic baby blanket (too hot to work on it now!).
Projects waiting to be started w/yarn purchased: I'm not sure I can count that high: I was a communication major, not a math major. <grin>
Go to Top of Page

JeanneL
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
394 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  4:33:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit JeanneL's Homepage Send JeanneL a Private Message
I only have three active projects - a poncho, a afghan and a cardigan. Oh and a pair of socks. I made myself a promise not to cast on anything new until I finished the first three - except socks of course, because they don't really count right?

Jeanne
Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  8:27:30 PM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
I am actively working on:

1. A test pattern for Fran (I'm so thrilled to be trusted with this, despite my guage issues )
2. A bottle cozy based on Fran's idea
3. A felted evening bag I'm designing

In the planning stage:

Sweater for baby set I'm designing - skirt, hat and socks are done!

Been sittin' for a while:

1. The not quite right wrap sweater I designed for SnL
2. The matching skirt
3. A scarf for my US yarn smuggler

Buried, but not forgotten:

Broad Street gloves from over 2 yrs. ago.

I have a tendency to buy yarn just 'cuz, so I won't even go there.

Barbara

Healthy conservatism promotes the continuity of civilization, the importance of community, the dangers of thoughtless change. It does not, or should not, assert the right of white, Christian heterosexual males of a certain age to limit the rights of everyone else. The past 100 years of social history has been dedicated, on good days, to constraining the dominance of this minority. Yesterday was a good day: J.Ibbotson, June 29/05, on the passing of the same-sex marriage bill.

Photos:
Blog:

Go to Top of Page

babyprep
Chatty Knitter

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  05:32:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit babyprep's Homepage Send babyprep a Private Message
I have 2 projects on the go for Xmas - the ballerina sweater and leg warmers (in lilac fluffy yarn from Bernat - never to be used again!!!!) from the UK "Knitting" mag. and a cute sweater for my nephew from the "Vogue kids knits" book, called Cable & garter sweater.

Teresa in sunny Florida
www.myknittingpassion.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kitkatknit
Chatty Knitter

184 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  09:03:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit kitkatknit's Homepage Send kitkatknit a Private Message
On needle: Sock #2 of first pair of socks
In stash: Yarn for 2 more pair of socks
Yarn for Fiber Trends Felted Clogs for DH
Planning on: More sock yarn for upcoming Dye Party
Spun and on bobbin: 4 oz hand dyed Corriedale
Roving: 4 more oz hand dyed, 8 oz undyed Corriedale, 7 oz grey Romney, 8 oz royal purple roving, 4 oz other purple roving, .5 oz green roving, 2 oz reddish Mohair, 2 oz pale purplish Mohair

Extra skeins I may destash: 1 skein Koigu KPPPM in colorway 446 (I think that's the number - see color in my blog under sections about my 1st pair of socks)

http://spaces.msn.com/members/joyofspin/

Go to Top of Page

Karen in MN
Chatty Knitter

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  10:13:13 AM  Show Profile Send Karen in MN a Private Message

Well . . . if we're talking how many the yarn has been purchased for, PIGS (Projects In Grocery Sacks), I think I'd have to quantify that in terms of storage bins. :)

Active projects -- I just had to go through that, because I am NOT buying any more yarn until I finish at the very least my WIPs and hopefully until I reduce my stash by 50%. No more yarn -- I swear, not buying anymore, I'm really not. Except for maybe those online sales I just got notice of. But here goes.

On the needles:

The guy's thong from Knitty.com -- I had forgotten about this til I found it the other day -- the boyfriend it was for is long gone, and it's not something you give to someone else ("hey I know we're only in the dating stage, but we seem to be getting along, so here's a thong I made for you") -- so that's gotta be frogged! So that doesn't count, right?

A shawl/poncho out of the Best of Knitters Shawls & Ponchos, which I am quite proud of because it's my way of using up all my superwash stash -- self fringing, row at a time cut and fringe, changing colors every row. Perfect stash buster -- Unfortunately, I probably have til next winter before I can possibly finish it.

A second Cables After Whiskey sweater -- been working on that for over a year, but that's okay, because it's part of a monthly knit-along - so that doesn't count, right?

Two "stash-using" scarfs -- take-along projects for sitting and waiting at the car shop, meetings, interviews, we all need at least one of those, right?

A Lion Brand cape pattern out of Lion Brand homespun that I am really finding difficult to work with because I keep splitting it, but it's for a relative (who can't believe that in this day and age, people are still using wool that has to be (oh horror) HANDWASHED!) and liked the Homespun.

A lacy vest/swimsuit cover out of Ornaghi Filati Lux

St Seraphina's Simply Elegant shawl out of a metallic & rayon ribbon yarn

Two pair of socks, one out of Fortissima Colori, one out Merino & Fur

Knitting finished/ need to put together:

Fair Isle cardigan from a fall 2004 Vogue magazine that turned out too big by the time I finally finished it -- need to remove the sleeves and adjust the shoulders slightly

I know I had other activities before I started knitting, but I look at this, and I swear I can't remember what those were.

Go to Top of Page

dotzz24
Warming Up

61 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  5:02:48 PM  Show Profile Send dotzz24 a Private Message
I just got into knitting and don't have too much. On the circular needle is Debbie Bliss's sweater "Lara", in her cashmerino aran yarn - color blue.

Also in the process is a beautiful poncho called "Steppin'Out" from the March 2005 Creative Knitting Magazine. Much trouble with this one, for every four or five rows I knit, I have to pull one out.

However, my embarrassment comes from all the unfinished needlepoint project I have.

Dottie
Go to Top of Page

lemons
Permanent Resident

1692 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  5:15:36 PM  Show Profile Send lemons a Private Message
For the first time in several years only ONE. Socks in Kool-Aid yarn. I am on deadline (the 15th, and I will make it, hooray) for a book. Then the fun starts again.

lemons of missouri
Go to Top of Page

maribelaprn
Permanent Resident

USA
2033 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  04:34:09 AM  Show Profile Send maribelaprn a Private Message
Never more than one big project and one little project. I just finished a lap throw (in my own basketweave pattern) for my local cancer centre; it's blissfully simple. I also am down to turning the heel on the second orange sock I'm making for my Gary; those will be fini this week. And I have a pair of country girl socks started for me. I'm waiting for yarn to arrive (like I need more yarn) to start another shawl for the cancer centre, but by then, I'll have the orange socks done.

For the most part, I'm monogomous. I work one large project at a time, but I do cheat with a pair of socks as a more portable project to take with me when I need to wait somewhere (doctor's office ususally).

A more interesting question would be "How many projects are WAITING to be worked on?"!! Hundreds....that's why I gotta focus on getting one thing done at a time!

Monogomous Mari

Don't confuse knowledge with wisdom. With one you make a living, with the other you make a life.
http://maribelaprn.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

busygirl
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
1673 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  3:27:28 PM  Show Profile Send busygirl a Private Message

I currently have four projects on needles;the most active of these is a chunky cowl-neck sweater (I have finished both sleeves and about one third of the back),and the others are a sweater,a sleeveless vest and a scarf.

Leslie
Go to Top of Page

Knit kitty
Permanent Resident

USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  3:42:09 PM  Show Profile Send Knit kitty a Private Message
Let's see....
Active: 2 shawls (I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for one of them), 1 sock just past the heel turn, and a lace handbag that may go into the inactive pile.
Inactive: another shawl, a recycled silk handbag that just needs to be assembled and lined
Planned: the other sock, a navy cardigan for DD, a vest for DS
Stash: More than I would like to admit since there is not room for any additional purchases.
I usually have 3 on the needles for variety.

~Rebecca

"Nothing, why?"
Go to Top of Page

Valk_scot
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
1281 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  3:49:56 PM  Show Profile Send Valk_scot a Private Message
do you have to count projects that you haven`t even started washing and spinning up the raw fleece for yet?

If so, I`m doomed. Can I just say I`ve got two wardrobes full of yarn, with and without project plans attached, and six boxes of fleece and roving in the attic?

Oh, and I`m currently knitting a shawl.

Val.

[img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_9_21.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Andy
Seriously Hooked

USA
774 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  11:55:03 AM  Show Profile Send Andy a Private Message
Val, I hear you sister!
Go to Top of Page

Meadra
Chatty Knitter

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  09:25:12 AM  Show Profile Send Meadra a Private Message
On the needles:
Active: 1st sock of a pair for my SIL for Christmas
Inactive: 2 afghans (it's just been too hot this summer to work on them)

Planned (for Christmas gifts): 3 more pairs of socks and a Booga bag

Planned (other): a pair of felted clog slippers for my toddler

Christy
Go to Top of Page

kdcrowley
Permanent Resident

USA
4773 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  09:45:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit kdcrowley's Homepage Send kdcrowley a Private Message
Do you mean that some folks have only enough projects that you can count.....I am so jealous!

Kelley

Everywhere you go, there you are! Imagine that....
Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  5:26:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
Right now I have WIPs:

--First pair of socks started

--Sweater from the top down - body finished, just needs sleeves

--crochet smock - back and half of front finished

--2 scarfs - requested in Fun Fur (Boa Yarn)

--crochet cardigan that I need to frog sleeves because the yarn stretched way too much - covers the hands. (Must decrease earlier than pattern says to.)

--several stained glass ornaments and ceramic items waiting to be painted to be included with gifts

Planned: 2 more sweaters

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Andy
Seriously Hooked

USA
774 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  3:13:35 PM  Show Profile Send Andy a Private Message
Karen, I never heard PIGS before, you are so clever, its very memorable! I have lots of PIGS, too. They just aren't figured out yet. There are red worsted weight pigs, green worsted weight pigs and some mixtures of old pigs together! I like this!...
Andy
...she wanders off raving about PIGS! (Now I sound like Vi!)
Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  6:06:17 PM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
Now I feel left out. I don't have anyPIGS.

I never keep my yarn in bags, it's all out on display. I have plastic stacking kitchen bins, and a couple of stacks that go up to the ceiling. Some, of course, only go bed height.

Barbara

Healthy conservatism promotes the continuity of civilization, the importance of community, the dangers of thoughtless change. It does not, or should not, assert the right of white, Christian heterosexual males of a certain age to limit the rights of everyone else. The past 100 years of social history has been dedicated, on good days, to constraining the dominance of this minority. Yesterday was a good day: J.Ibbotson, June 29/05, on the passing of the same-sex marriage bill.

Photos:
Blog:

Go to Top of Page

crzyang
Warming Up

90 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  12:21:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit crzyang's Homepage Send crzyang a Private Message
1 toddler sweater
1 child's med regia stiping socks
1 sidar snowflake baby bunting (that I will never pick up again)
1 opal women's socks
1 single crocheted yellow baby blanket
Think that it. I'm trying not to buy any more yarn for projects til I finish these.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.77 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?