Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 hio :)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hobbitknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2005 :  8:23:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit hobbitknitter's Homepage Send hobbitknitter a Private Message
Checking in for the first time in a month or two. Everytime I come I'm amazed at how much this place as grown. It's amazing! :)
So I figured I'd post to let ya'll know I'm still alive.
Life has been good, not as much knitting as I'd like though (problems with the hands- knitting & 2+ hours of intense piano practice a day is NOT a good combination).
Have been doing quite a bit of sewing and some spinning though. Getting kinda good at sewing, learned how to put in a zipper this summer. :P Making some skirts and just finished a dress out of some gorgeous fabrics (pics to be posted on my blog as soon as I remember to do it, lol). I'm spinning a worsted weight 2 ply out of some GORGEOUS multicoloured wool/silk I bought at a fair last year. Loving working with it, it's the nicest stuff evah.
Still carding on my lovely frike as well. Working on an alpaca/mohair blend, hopefully will become a shimmery silvery-grey shawl at some point (preferrably spun and knit by me before I die, lol).
And hmm... well school starts in a week, and I'm beginning to freak cause I turn 17 in 2 months. haha. Kinda weird, I joined this forum when I was what... 14? Sheesh. Been a long time. But I'm just as LOTR-obsessed as ever, hahaha. :P
Wish I could keep up with the forums more.
-Sarah

~Sarah Elizabeth
 Spinners make the world go round.
Keep on knitting on!
http://knitonespintoo.blog-city.com

Pinky Yarn
Permanent Resident

USA
1045 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2005 :  8:29:29 PM  Show Profile Send Pinky Yarn a Private Message
Glad to know how you're doing. I've been checking your blog every now and then. Have you finished the cardi yet? The in-progress pictures are all beautiful and inspiring.

-Katie

"I remember when getting high meant swinging at the playgrounds. The worst thing you could get from a boy was cooties. Race issues were who could run the fastest. The only thing you smoked was the tires on your bike. Life was so simple and carefree, but the thing I remember the most was wanting to grow up."
-Unknown

Go to Top of Page

sallyjo
Permanent Resident

USA
2401 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  06:22:52 AM  Show Profile Send sallyjo a Private Message
Yes - I've been checking your blog, and you haven't been posting. I assume this means you're having fun.

"We all have our strengths and our weaknesses."
Go to Top of Page

KathyR
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
2969 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  2:53:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit KathyR's Homepage Send KathyR a Private Message
Hi SE! Great to see you back here! I'm sure I'm not the only one who has missed your smiling face! I've been checking your blog every now and then, too, and thought that you must have been real busy. But that's ok! How it should be at your age! Don't stay a stranger on here, now!

KathyR

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  6:35:07 PM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
Hi, S.E.. Nice to hear from you.

Barbara

Healthy conservatism promotes the continuity of civilization, the importance of community, the dangers of thoughtless change. It does not, or should not, assert the right of white, Christian heterosexual males of a certain age to limit the rights of everyone else. The past 100 years of social history has been dedicated, on good days, to constraining the dominance of this minority. Yesterday was a good day: J.Ibbotson, June 29/05, on the passing of the same-sex marriage bill.

Photos:
Blog:

Go to Top of Page

myshelle10
Permanent Resident

USA
2749 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  10:22:36 PM  Show Profile Send myshelle10 a Private Message
Hey there :) Yup.. noticed the lack of posts on the blog--- I'm glad to hear that means you've been enjoying yourself :)

Myshelle10
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2049 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  02:04:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message
Hi SE, good to see you postin again. Did you ever get the sleeves in the blouse? It sure is nice looking!

I have always wanted to play the piano, but every time we moved I got a new teacher that would start me over! My right wrist would go "pop" when I did stacato (sp?) and I had a teacher that accused me of not practicing enough! Wrist still pops 50 years later! Amazing the things we remember from our childhood!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!
Go to Top of Page

Molly C
Seriously Hooked

USA
884 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  04:27:12 AM  Show Profile Send Molly C a Private Message
Yeah, I want to know about the cardi, too. Is it done yet?

Glad to hear all is well.

Molly
Knitting Away in Connecticut.

Have a blog? Join the KR Webring and share your blog with the rest of the group! Click here.
Go to Top of Page

VickiKK
Seriously Hooked

935 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  12:44:06 PM  Show Profile Send VickiKK a Private Message
Hi Sarah,
Zola and I were talking about you just yesterday. She had heard from Pinky Yarn and we bother were wondering how you were doing.
Nice to have you pop in.
Vicki near Seattle
Go to Top of Page

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  1:46:27 PM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
Sarah,
Really good to hear from you!

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes
Go to Top of Page

hobbitknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  06:51:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit hobbitknitter's Homepage Send hobbitknitter a Private Message
auw. :) you all remember me. I feel so loved. :)
TY for the replies. :)
Nope cardi isn't done yet.... it will be someday. And then I'll throw the hugest party ever. Haven't got the sleeve in either, I'm stumped on it. I'll probably take it by my NSLYS and see if they can help me with it.
Shalee- lol my wrist pops sometimes, usually cause it gets locked when I'm doing like octave runs or something equally terrifying... and then I stop and shake it out and it's like POP. I think it's cause of my technique though.
Nice to hear from all of you as well! I will try to post more often.

~Sarah Elizabeth
 Spinners make the world go round.
Keep on knitting on!
http://knitonespintoo.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.91 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth