Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Desert Island Stash
 favourite desert island stash would be...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

KnittingLiz
Chatty Knitter

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  09:19:53 AM  Show Profile Send KnittingLiz a Private Message
I think mine would have to be aran wool (is that called worsted in America?) I would never be bored if i had unlimited supplies of it...especially if I had a copy of Alice Starmore's 'Aran Knitting' to go with it! Liz

RoseM
Permanent Resident

Canada
1898 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  10:18:46 AM  Show Profile Send RoseM a Private Message
Unlimited supplies of all things Fleece Artist and Noro. That would do it for me!
RoseM
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4162 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  11:22:49 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
I'd settle for just the Fleece Artist (RoseM is a Fleece Artist Enabler!).

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  1:24:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
I think I'd take just about anything as long as I could knit with it!

~~~~Jamye
Go to Top of Page

RoseM
Permanent Resident

Canada
1898 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  5:25:54 PM  Show Profile Send RoseM a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by kbshee

I'd settle for just the Fleece Artist (RoseM is a Fleece Artist Enabler!).

You bet I am ! That yarn never disappoints or bores me.
RoseM
Go to Top of Page

judyline
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  07:23:18 AM  Show Profile Send judyline a Private Message
No contest -- koigu all the way, variegated and solids -- plus Rowan magazines (do I really have to choose?)

Judith F. Mazo
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2599 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  09:03:17 AM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message
Worsted wool - all the Pingouin Fleur de Laine that's left on the planet, and then Cascade 220. Oh yah, and alpaca for accessories. I hope the desert island isn't tropical!

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

WAknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  11:27:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit WAknits's Homepage Send WAknits a Private Message
Mmm...this is a toughie. I would go with everything Cherry Tree Hill (including that brand new sock glitz or whatever that new sparkley yarn is), plenty of Crystal Palace needles, and space markers, LOL! Socks, sweaters, I'd go on a knitting frenzy (and stop every once in awhile to forage for food to keep me alive, LMAO).

Yep, I'm bloggin' now! Check me out: http://annasyarnmansion.blogspot.com/ .

~ Anna in WA state
Go to Top of Page

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  2:22:00 PM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
Koigu,koigu, koigu!

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes
Go to Top of Page

Inkmama
Seriously Hooked

891 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  2:37:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Inkmama's Homepage Send Inkmama a Private Message
Funny...I have some sock yarn and sari yarn in our earthquake kit. These aren't my favorites, but I figure socks would take a long time and I'd probably have a long time, if I were stuck somewhere other than my house, and the sari yarn...if nothing else I could just look at all the different colored threads.

But...if I had extra Noro, that would go in, too. I do love Noro.

Barbara

Writing blog: http://penonfire.blogspot.com

Knitting blog: http://knittingonfire.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Josie
New Pal

30 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  7:07:04 PM  Show Profile Send Josie a Private Message

I sure would be curious to see a poll on this topic!
Go to Top of Page

LittleMousling
Permanent Resident

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2005 :  05:20:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit LittleMousling's Homepage Send LittleMousling a Private Message
Possum worsted and laceweight. And hopefully a very good selection of needles, and some cold weather!

-Molly
Obsessive but not exclusive socknitter
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2005 :  05:57:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
Mercerized cotton at a very fine gauge--like 8 SPI.

Amanda

"Is that my Not-Mine Sweater? Whoever gets that Not-Mine Sweater is very lucky."
Go to Top of Page

eirual
New Pal

41 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2005 :  06:17:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit eirual's Homepage Send eirual a Private Message
Some 100% wool, worsted weight, my full knitting needle selection as well as crochet hooks. Oh, and if there is room, my Lendrum spinning wheel (to make more fiber to knit with).
Go to Top of Page

JaniceV
Chatty Knitter

USA
338 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2005 :  09:15:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit JaniceV's Homepage  Send JaniceV a Yahoo! Message Send JaniceV a Private Message
Gosh when I read the title of this thread I was think Tom Selleck. Where was my mind.

Janice

"Life is not counted by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of times your breath is taken away"
Go to Top of Page

Josie
New Pal

30 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2005 :  7:52:29 PM  Show Profile Send Josie a Private Message

All kinds of alpaca.
Go to Top of Page

Aziandoll
New Pal

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2005 :  01:13:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aziandoll's Homepage Send Aziandoll a Private Message
I'd take Cascade 220 Wool Yarns, my Circular Addi Turbos in a size 8 or 9... 24", and for a book.. probably the "Knitting From the Top" book...for making clothes that are custom fit and seamless. :)

http://knitting.meetup.com/331
Go to Top of Page

Manasi
Chatty Knitter

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2005 :  11:52:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manasi's Homepage Send Manasi a Private Message
I would take some of my hand spuns. Always itchin to find out what they'll look like woven, knitted or crocheted. Then some silk (if i can).

:)
http://yarnahoy.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KnitSSK
Seriously Hooked

USA
656 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2005 :  12:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit KnitSSK's Homepage Send KnitSSK a Private Message
My personal favorite: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool...in all the beautiful colors!

Martha

Wanting to be knitting, not working...
Go to Top of Page

belacane
Warming Up

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  12:00:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit belacane's Homepage Send belacane a Private Message
Karabella Aurora 8...Addis in size 7, 47" length...220 Aran Patterns! Yeah, I'm an Aran nut.

D.
Go to Top of Page

edenandaverymum
New Pal

44 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  07:12:15 AM  Show Profile Send edenandaverymum a Private Message
a set of size 8 dpns, maybe about 8 inches long, wood ones, (hey wait, can I make my own needles on the island?) and HPY bulky, I would love a variety of colours but if I can't, I would bring natural and serach for things to dye it with. No book, just my silly head.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?