Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Crochet for beginners - basic questions
 Learn to crochet links
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

knit_chick
Permanent Resident

1484 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  09:32:54 AM  Show Profile Send knit_chick a Private Message
Lionbrand has a Learn To Crochet section on their website. You can download all the instructions in PDF format. They also have a Spanish and French version.

Stitchguide is also a good resource for the various stitches, many of which have online videos. There are also abbreviations, hook sizes, etc. on the main crochet page under "Tips & Hints".

http://knitchick.blog-city.com

origami
Chatty Knitter

170 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  12:11:07 AM  Show Profile Send origami a Private Message
Crochet Cabana has a good tutorial section: http://www.crochetcabana.com/tutorials/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

lgrabbit@yahoo.com
Chatty Knitter

170 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  06:54:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit lgrabbit@yahoo.com's Homepage Send lgrabbit@yahoo.com a Private Message
Thanks for the Stitchguide! I am a frequent visitor of Lion Brand. They offer some neat free patterns and tutorials for knitters and crocheters.

Laurie

'Just think of all those women on the Titanic who said, "No, thank you," to dessert that night. And for what!' --Erma Bombeck
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1926 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  2:31:41 PM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
Crochetcabana had a good explanation of my biggest crochet problem--where to start rows on scarves and rectangular items. I have made many granny and circular items, and shell stitch blankets, but never really mastered making an even rectangle in single or double crochet. That site is very clear and very helpful. Happy crocheting, Chayah
Go to Top of Page

_toni
New Pal

42 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2005 :  06:43:27 AM  Show Profile Send _toni a Private Message
Thanks for stitchguide! I was having a tremendous problem with the popcorn stitch. The video's are awesome. When you see someone do the stitch it makes it a whole lot easier to do on your own.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe