Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Obssess about purse
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stjamesb
Chatty Knitter

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  8:28:48 PM  Show Profile Send stjamesb a Private Message
Some time, not too long ago, I came across a purse pattern or picture and I thought it was cute. Of course, I didn't note down the designer, the site or anything about it, except that it is purse/handbag, trapezoid shape, knitted in a varieagate yarn, possibly chunky size and not felt.
I must have saw it follow the posting from one of KR's members because I only check KR for knitting.
From my vague description, you can see that I don't remember anything else about this purse, otherwise I would try to write the pattern myself. Of course, now I am obssess about trying to find that pattern. arrghh .. of course, the doctor told me to relax ... hah !

This is to just commiserate with my fellow knitters about my brain fogginess. I feel so much happier now knowing that the fogginess and the exhaustion that i have been experiencing has a name and it is not all in my head.

there, I feel better now :)

KnittingBrit
New Pal

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  8:43:33 PM  Show Profile Send KnittingBrit a Private Message
Know what you mean! I do that a lot myself. I lose a lot of recipes thinkung I'll remember where they are.

Go to Top of Page

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  1:39:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message
Instead of trying to find THAT pattern, why not jot down the things that you liked about it, and work out how to make your own similar pattern?

I'm guessing that the bottom would be a rectangle. Then you would pick up stitches around the bottom piece, do a purl at each corner, and decrease at intervals on the front and back, while leaving the ends straight. Perhaps you'd make the ends narrow as they grow also. Then decide what edging you want to do to keep the top from curling (garter works well), make a strap or straps, and add any decorative flaps or hardware that you want.

Doing a purse is a fairly low stress way to ease into designing, since it doesn't have to fit anyone, and is only limited by the designer's imagination.

-Wendy
And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands, and brought that which they had spun, both of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine linen. Exodus 35:25
Go to Top of Page

Karknit
Seriously Hooked

USA
711 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  5:45:06 PM  Show Profile Send Karknit a Private Message
I did the same thing, I found a really pretty bag on the web and forgot to bookmark it, of course even if i did bookmark it I couldnt find it now.
I have so many kniting bookmarks I cant find anything except KF.
Someday I will make new folders for patterns, socks ect ect.
The purse I found was black and gray with buttonhole handles, so Iam trying to make it from memory, having problems figuring out the buttonhole handles though, but Ill get it.

karknit

My diet incentive, to knit smaller sweaters.
Go to Top of Page

Karknit
Seriously Hooked

USA
711 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  6:03:39 PM  Show Profile Send Karknit a Private Message
try this link from KF

http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=11607#107434

karknit

My diet incentive, to knit smaller sweaters.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe