Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Suggest a poll
 knitting, eating chocolate , s.e.x. or sex?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

KnittingLiz
Chatty Knitter

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  04:31:44 AM  Show Profile Send KnittingLiz a Private Message
This may get booted off for being too rude but I will post it anyway and understand if I get sent to the naughty corner. In order, which would you most rather do? Knitting, eating chocolate, s.e.x. or sex?
There, I've said it now...Liz

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  05:40:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
Ha ha ha! Let's just say knitting and S.E.X. are even numbers in my list...

A good friend: You knit faster than most women shop.
Go to Top of Page

Renocat
Permanent Resident

1327 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  07:19:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Renocat's Homepage Send Renocat a Private Message
Given the choice of one of the four...I don't think I could choose. Sooo...I can imagine a day with all of them:

Get up and have breakfast
Go to LYS for S.E.X
Come home and knit with yarn purchased during S.E.X
End the day with sex with hubby

Repeat

[img]http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/knit.gif[/img]
Kim
I have a blog! http://kimsknitpage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kalikat
Chatty Knitter

137 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  07:33:43 AM  Show Profile Send Kalikat a Private Message
You can't do them simultaneously? :)
Kat

http://photobucket.com/albums/b209/katknit/
Go to Top of Page

greengirl
Seriously Hooked

Taiwan
679 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  07:51:56 AM  Show Profile Send greengirl a Private Message
Ok, so I know what three of the four choices are, but I can't figure out the abbreviation s.e.x. (and a google search only gave me sites about sex). Can someone offer me some s.e.x.-ed please?[blush]
Go to Top of Page

Valk_scot
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
1281 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  08:14:52 AM  Show Profile Send Valk_scot a Private Message
I think they are all complimentary activities, and all necessary to a balanced lifestyle, surely?

Val.

[img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_9_21.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  08:29:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message
Greengirl: Stash Enhancement eXpedition

how about starting the day with sex, then proceeding to the LYS for S.E.X., KIP at the LYS while sharing a box of chocolate with anyone else who is there, and return home for more sex? not quite simultaneous but close
Go to Top of Page

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  08:50:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message
I believe s.e.x. stands for stash enhancement expedition.

And my answer to which I'd rather do depends on my hormonal and emotional state at any particular moment.

Though I must say that knitting and chocolate eating are activities I'm almost always "up" for.

-Wendy
And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands, and brought that which they had spun, both of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine linen. Exodus 35:25
Go to Top of Page

Deni
Chatty Knitter

198 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  10:04:50 AM  Show Profile Send Deni a Private Message
Knitting. Hands down. I'm not a stash collector, I don't like chocolate and sex is just too much work.
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  1:16:39 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
Sex. If it isn't you need to spend the cash on a new partner not yarn!

"An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Martin Luther King Jr.
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

Manicgirl
Chatty Knitter

Sweden
203 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  1:29:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manicgirl's Homepage Send Manicgirl a Private Message
You can at least knit and eat chocolate at the same time.
I don't think sex and knitting is a good combination though

Tina
(My blog: http://ulltopia.typepad.com/wooltopia)
Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  1:30:05 PM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
Doesn't everyone knit and eat chocolate while they're having sex?

Or is that just me?!?! (don't knock it until you've tried it.)

Trish
Go to Top of Page

Fraggle
Seriously Hooked

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  9:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fraggle's Homepage Send Fraggle a Private Message
You must be very talented Trish. I'm not knocking it, I just can't concentrate on even garter stitch when it comes to sex with hubby.

~ Fraggle

". . . Or if you send me your size I'll knit you a new one" -Hawkeye on M*A*S*H

Fraggle's Little World
Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  9:37:49 PM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
Now Fraggle...You know I was just kidding! I'd probably skewer myself with the needles........have chocolate smeared all over my face...[**]....and end up in an emergency room where I would surely die of embarrassment........explaining to some newbie Dr. why I was attempting something so silly......in the first place!

Trish
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2005 :  11:26:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Manicgirl

You can at least knit and eat chocolate at the same time.
I don't think sex and knitting is a good combination though

Tina
(My blog: http://ulltopia.typepad.com/wooltopia)

I'd be afraid of getting chocolate on my project. So hot here that chocolate gets melty fast.
That said, I have had S.E.X. followed by chocolate, followed by sex and then knitting.
My order on it really depends on my mood, hormones, and time. My above example just happens to be how the day typically works. Sex tends to be when DS is asleep, so usually is towards the end of my day. Errands are in the morning, when it is still cool enough to go out. Everything else just falls wherever it happens to.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

Seen on a church marquee: Blessed are the flexible, for they shall never be bent out of shape.
Go to Top of Page

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2005 :  1:34:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message
Definitely s.e.x and knitting, in that order!

Barb [Knittin' like crazy in Kalamazoo]
"You can't get a hit unless you're swinging."
http://graniterose.livejournal.com/
Go to Top of Page

KnittingLiz
Chatty Knitter

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  04:23:51 AM  Show Profile Send KnittingLiz a Private Message
Kat...when you said to do them all together, you didnt mean while you were actually on a s.e.x. at your LYS did you?!

Liz
Go to Top of Page

Kalikat
Chatty Knitter

137 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  9:05:51 PM  Show Profile Send Kalikat a Private Message
LOL Liz... there's always online shopping. :)
Kat

http://photobucket.com/albums/b209/katknit/
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  06:55:24 AM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
I'm very surprised at how so many would prefer sticks and string or shopping to a human.

"An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Martin Luther King Jr.
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

blackcrow
Warming Up

Australia
89 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  06:57:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit blackcrow's Homepage Send blackcrow a Private Message
[:00]This is just what I needed to read before I go off to bed, very funny!
Yes food for thought.....But I have to agree with Kim
I think I nearly did have a day like that

Grace Garton
Go to Top of Page

Deni
Chatty Knitter

198 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  07:02:26 AM  Show Profile Send Deni a Private Message
I didn't say I prefer knitting to a human. I said I prefer knitting to sex. There are lots of other things one can do with another person besides sex. (And sex doesn't necessarily involve another person. ;-) My favorite thing in the world is conversation, and I'd rather not knit while I'm having a good conversation because I like to give all of my focus to the interaction with the other person(s). If conversation had been one of the options on the poll, that would have been my number one choice, with knitting as my second.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.89 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?