Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Very Cool & Free Charts
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

becka always
Permanent Resident

USA
1959 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2005 :  09:29:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit becka always's Homepage Send becka always a Private Message
A friend of mine @ www.knittinghelp.com forum posted this for us and I thought that I would share with ya'll. It's very cool.
http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/ I can see much fun playing with socks & color....the list is endless

Addicted to the Knit
Becka Always

KnittingBrit
New Pal

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2005 :  11:02:04 AM  Show Profile Send KnittingBrit a Private Message
Wasn't sure that link was for.I saw the browse button...but it only shows my stuff!..LOL

I might knit but I'm an awful NIT on the computer!
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3458 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2005 :  11:22:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message
I think that you're supposed to use the browse button to show the picture you're interested in. Then if you submit the picture, it will convert the picture into a chart/pattern on a graph that you can knit.

--Minh
Go to Top of Page

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2005 :  11:27:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message
It's for converting your own pictures into color patterns for knitting.

-Wendy
And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands, and brought that which they had spun, both of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine linen. Exodus 35:25
Go to Top of Page

PatriciaS
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
537 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2005 :  11:57:31 AM  Show Profile Send PatriciaS a Private Message
What kind of pictures?

-----------------------
Is there anything more important than knitting?
Go to Top of Page

becka always
Permanent Resident

USA
1959 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2005 :  12:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit becka always's Homepage Send becka always a Private Message
If you have a picture that you would like to knit...it will convert it to a graph for doing so. My friend has emailed them & they are working on updating it so that you can change gauge, etc. I can now look into my pics and choose any of my pictures and this program graphs it; it's really quite neat.

Addicted to the Knit
Becka Always
Go to Top of Page

sappmama
New Pal

39 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2005 :  10:08:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit sappmama's Homepage Send sappmama a Private Message
Anyone seen Knit Knit 4 or 5? What's in these mags? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

sappmama
New Pal

39 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2005 :  10:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit sappmama's Homepage Send sappmama a Private Message
OK. I've got the idea. Artsy stuff. Maybe I'll order.
Go to Top of Page

galleylama
Seriously Hooked

753 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  12:30:24 PM  Show Profile Send galleylama a Private Message
Thanks for the link- I have seen patterns to order featuring pictures of the knitters pet dog or cat that were really expensive. I bet they use this program to chart the animal that you then knit into the middle of a sweater.

It is easier to be forgiven than to receive permission.
Go to Top of Page

nicole5012
Warming Up

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  1:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit nicole5012's Homepage Send nicole5012 a Private Message
This is really awesome. I was just talking with my husband last night about an idea for a blanket, the triforce symbol from The Legend of Zelda. The site works and I have my translated image as a PDF chart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Canadian, knitting in the US
Go to Top of Page

KnittingBrit
New Pal

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  2:01:39 PM  Show Profile Send KnittingBrit a Private Message
I tried it on a pic of my grand daughter. Was much too fuzzy.

What kind of pics does it work on best?

Could Almost do cross stitch with it...
Go to Top of Page

graciebell
Gabber Extraordinaire

377 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  5:30:26 PM  Show Profile Send graciebell a Private Message
That is so great!! I am sure for fair isle motifs and such and really bold graphics it would be great!

My knitting blog!
Go to Top of Page

fmarrs
Guardian angel

USA
9776 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  01:56:48 AM  Show Profile Send fmarrs a Private Message
The only problem that I can see with it is the fact that the graph has little squares instead of the rectangles you need for knitting. If you follow it as written, your design will appear squashed when knit.

fran
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1926 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  05:04:52 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
I love the wall decor on the cover of KnitKnit. It made me chuckle, because as far as I can tell, it is all crocheted. Very pretty, too. Chayah in NY
Go to Top of Page

becka always
Permanent Resident

USA
1959 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  07:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit becka always's Homepage Send becka always a Private Message
My friend that showed this to me said that they are working on updates with gauge, etc...I'm sure the size of graft is one of the updates

Addicted to the Knit
Becka Always
Go to Top of Page

fmarrs
Guardian angel

USA
9776 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  09:24:33 AM  Show Profile Send fmarrs a Private Message
Oh good, I can't wait for that. I have a sweater all planned and the graph turned out so well. Now I won't have to refigure it myself.

fran
Go to Top of Page

kekokat
Seriously Hooked

USA
845 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  11:16:27 AM  Show Profile Send kekokat a Private Message
Oh, this is soooooooooooooooooo cool. I put in a quite fancy, retro geometric multicolored pattern and, POOF! It blocked it beautifully. Can't wait to knit it.
Go to Top of Page

nicole5012
Warming Up

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  11:59:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit nicole5012's Homepage Send nicole5012 a Private Message
KnittingBrit, I suspect that the higher the resolution of your image, the more stitches you'll get

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Canadian, knitting in the US
Go to Top of Page

4ply
New Pal

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  1:12:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4ply's Homepage Send 4ply a Private Message
This really is cool. Just to test it, I put in a pic that I had graphed and knitted myself (with considerable difficulty and 2 hours of effort), and it returned a graph almost identical to the one I had done.

Thanks!

Scott
(who solemnly swears that he is up to no good)
Go to Top of Page

AnnaG
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  05:08:07 AM  Show Profile Send AnnaG a Private Message
Hi all,

I am new both at the forum and knitting. I was simply looking for a way to convert images into knitting patterns and came across this forum and this topic particularly. But the thing is I'm facing some problems with the link (http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/) provided, it isn't working[:((].
Could anyone help me to convert an image, please? I need it urgently, as soon is the B-day of my best friend and I'd like to make a present myself.

Thanks in advance :)
Go to Top of Page

knitswithcolors
Chatty Knitter

USA
290 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  07:07:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitswithcolors's Homepage Send knitswithcolors a Private Message
I clicked on your link and it worked. I found that I had to install the latest Acrobat to use it.

Check your security on your computer, it may be blocking the site.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?