Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Dyeing Discussion
 Using Kool-Aid
 koolaid with silk?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wachilt
New Pal

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  3:41:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit wachilt's Homepage Send wachilt a Private Message
has anyone dyed silk (scarf) with koolaid? i was thinking of doing some and hate to waste a scarf testing if someone else knows about this.
thanks

Shelia
Permanent Resident

USA
2367 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  4:55:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shelia's Homepage Send Shelia a Private Message
Koolaid works fine on silk, as silk is a protein fiber. Silk doesn't wet very quickly, though, so be sure to pre-soak the scarf well, and it helps if you add a tiny bit of Synthropol or dishwashing liquid to the soaking water.

Shelia
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  6:24:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
By "very well," Sheila means as long as over night. What looks wet to your eye isn't necessarily thoroughly wet to the core of the fiber.

Lissa

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." --Dennis Wholey

Oh, and I now have a blog:http://knittnlissa.typepad.com/knittnlissa/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?