Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 100 to 250 Yards
 123 Yards of Yarn on the Wall...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lavender Stripes
Gabber Extraordinaire

417 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  10:55:19 AM  Show Profile Send Lavender Stripes a Private Message
I have one 123 yard skein of Filatura di Crosa 501- a washable, worsted wool. (Wow- I totally was not planning that)It's left over from my gloves (the lady at the yarn shop said I would definitely need 2 skeins, and I ended up using only one)and ideally I would like to make a scarf to go with the gloves. I know it isn't very much yardage, but could I get a thin scarf out of it? Any reccommendations?

jaymeKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1346 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  12:37:13 PM  Show Profile  Send jaymeKnits a Yahoo! Message Send jaymeKnits a Private Message
You could at least get a hat out of it.

Jayme
Go to Top of Page

MissPooh
Angel

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  1:49:27 PM  Show Profile Send MissPooh a Private Message
You should be able to get a thin scarf out of it. I used about 90 yds on size 11 needles in garter stitch - 12 stitches wide and it came out about 42 inches long. I plan on adding some beads to the ends to make it appear a little longer.

Mary Lou

"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

jaymeKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1346 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2005 :  07:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Send jaymeKnits a Yahoo! Message Send jaymeKnits a Private Message
Or you could do drop stitch garter. Knit 2 or 4 rows of garter, knit 1 row wrapping the yarn 2 or more time around the needle for each stitch, drop the extra wraps as you knit the next row, continue alternating a few rows of garter with a row of drop stitches.

Jayme
Go to Top of Page

MiseryNotes
New Pal

4 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2005 :  1:33:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit MiseryNotes's Homepage Send MiseryNotes a Private Message
You could do a dice bag with it.

http://knit.atypically.net/other/dicebag/pattern.shtml

I keep one in my purse to hold my change in.
Go to Top of Page

Monkachia
Permanent Resident

USA
1224 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2005 :  10:53:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Monkachia's Homepage Send Monkachia a Private Message
How about some wristlets to match your gloves and keep you warm? You could pick up stitches or make them detachable.
You could also make a wrap/headband for your ears to match the gloves.
Chia
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.54 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?