Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Seeking Nearby Knitters
 Knitting classes in Orange County, CA?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

faunafrailty
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2003 :  4:49:55 PM  Show Profile Send faunafrailty a Private Message
I'd like to begin knitting but would rather take a class than learn it from a book. Does anyone know of any shops that provide classes in Orange County? (Central cities like Santa Ana, Irvine, Orange would be best but I'm open to driving to other areas.

empusai
New Pal

17 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2003 :  6:06:49 PM  Show Profile Send empusai a Private Message
Hi,

I am also new to knitting. I don't know if you tried to search on the Internet for knitting stores/classes in California. But here is a link that has some stores:
http://www.rosamede.usclargo.com/Knitting%20Stores/california_knitting_stores.htm

Just a warning, I don't know how updated this list is. I called a few places for my area (LA) and was either not able to contact anyone or the number was no longer in service.

Also, you may want to check your library or local bookstore for some knitting videos. The link below has knitting instructional video clips:
http://www.fiberartshop.com/knclbg.htm

Good Luck!
Go to Top of Page

empusai
New Pal

17 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2003 :  4:04:43 PM  Show Profile Send empusai a Private Message
Tis me again!

Forgot to also mention checking out your local community college, primarily in the community or non-credit section. The cost is often less than taking a class at a knitting store but can't comment one way or another on the quality of instruction.

Go to Top of Page

cast-on
Warming Up

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  4:21:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit cast-on's Homepage Send cast-on a Private Message
Try The Yarn Lady : www.yarnlady.com. She is in Laguna Hills.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe