Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 works not yet in progress...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kategodwin
New Pal

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  2:56:25 PM  Show Profile Send kategodwin a Private Message
Or WNYIP... We should have a section for dreams of projects yet to come! Like the top-down fairisle sweater, the warm brown wool cardie, and the random roll-a-die striped scarf that are just bouncing around in my head. Does anyone else have a project (or ten) that are so exciting that you can't sleep what with designing them in your head, yet so theoretical that you won't start for months? Or maybe that is just me
Kate

kdcrowley
Permanent Resident

USA
4773 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  3:16:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit kdcrowley's Homepage Send kdcrowley a Private Message
You mean like....

The Bell-sleeved sweater knit in the round in artfibers Nanook in Blue Ice, with Plume edgeing the neck and sleeves.

the other bell sleeved sweater in Nanook golds...that may morph into something else.

The AF Plume and Diva that will be a scarf, somehow.

The alpaca sweater that I have not bought fiber for, but intend to get fiber, spin it, and knit it into a aran type sweater. Never mind that I am only doing garter and stcokinette stitch right now and am only using the drop spindle to spin with so far.

The 3 new skeins of AF Altamira that are completely devoid of intention-for the moment.

The cheap baby weight variegated that I bought to crochet into a baby blanket when I was nine. I have since given up crochet-too slow-and am now thinking that there might be enough for a onesie type thing for the next baby that I may not have.

The AF Altamira in green that I am trying to make into a triangular scarf, but increases are challenging for me, so I started with the long edge and don't know if I have enough yarn, and Altamira is no longer made.

Good thing that I knit pretty fast for a beginner-I apparently started with Continental, and zip along fast when I want to.

Kelley

Everywhere you go, there you are! Imagine that....
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  4:43:00 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Or maybe, the felted tote that the yarn is sitting waiting for ( enough yarn for 2 totes), 3 pairs of socks with yarn waiting to be started, the Sasha Kagan kit sitting that looks at me, or the Philosopher's Wool fair isle kit waiting to be done, a 2nd Sasha Kagan kit to be started, the new pullover tunic sweater I would like for me, yarn is waiting to be knit ( this yarn is the skein from hell that I finally got into balls), plus various other yarns that have no project designated yet. The bell sleeved sweater sounds good, I might want to try that with my pullover tunic sweater.

Zola
Go to Top of Page

freckles
Sustaining Member

USA
821 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  5:43:56 PM  Show Profile Send freckles a Private Message
Or the felt vest that I have the yarn sitting upstairs for... a bright sunny yellow..... what about the heather grey sweater for my hubby.... or the baby blankets for the 2 girls at work (who are thankfully not due until the end of August/ early September!)... I can't wait to get going because I also want to make myself a couple of sweaters. and buy the felted earflap cap pattern and make them with matching mittens for all my family for Christmas next year....

karen
Go to Top of Page

kdcrowley
Permanent Resident

USA
4773 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  6:55:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit kdcrowley's Homepage Send kdcrowley a Private Message
Okay it is a relief to know that I am not the only one who is ambitious with projects-knitting projects that is. Of course, I am only ambitious with knitting projects....no ambitious sewing, quilting. Oh and I have a very nice bridge to sell....freshly painted. It's in Brooklyn.

Kelley

Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  03:27:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
Or the green bluefaced leicester aran sweater?

Or the gold waterspun weekend with the novelty quilted stitch in multi-reds?

Or the colorstranded thing done with the patternwork in 5 different koigu colorways over a deep chocolate brown?

Well, guess I better go shopping.

Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4379 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  04:02:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
What about the yarn for 4 prs. of socks -- which, now that I have almost finished one lacey pair, must be designed in some cool stitches, not just knit?

And the socks for all the people whose feet I have traced on to a piece of paper?

Or the leaf cravat that I keep reading about here, for which I will have to find or spin the yarn -- which means that I will have to dust off the spinning wheel and excavate the stash?

I do lie awake dreaming up projects -- when I get to the math part I always fall asleep, though!

The most elusive WNYIP has to be something, anything from a book I saw called Viking Knits. Maybe I'll start with a hat...

Jane
Go to Top of Page

linda-gail
Permanent Resident

USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  10:31:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit linda-gail's Homepage Send linda-gail a Private Message
Maybe the sweater in "Fisherman's Sweaters" out of Scottish Fleet? Perhaps the purple cotton tank top, or the denim pullover that will be a share toy for DH and I? Yes, I think we all do it.
It's so fun!!

Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  12:38:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
Let's not forget the three tunics worth of hand-dyed merino, the fabu super bulky cotton that may want to be a jacket, the purple Paton's Classic Wool that I got for half-price from Emily at the Capitol Knitters Guild's swap in December and..and...and...

Anybody got a good tip on buying winning lottery tickets so I can stay home (and HAVE a home) and knit all day????

Go to Top of Page

KathyR
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
2969 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  9:55:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit KathyR's Homepage Send KathyR a Private Message
Oh the joy of being allowed, indeed encouraged, to daydream!
WNYIPs - I have so many of them. A pair of socks in Opal yarn yet to be bought, a wonderful aran jersey from at least one of the many patterns I have succumbed to buying, the multi-coloured fairisle that haunts my dreams and the beautifully soft lace shawl made from the silk and mohair which whispers to me to spin it up, now! These are just a few of my favourite dreams!

KathyR
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  05:36:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
The binary code sweater....a hat for my friend, Zeke....a knit/purl design that I'm trying to work out to look like a necklace that I own--it might just have to be done in color....

Those are just some.

Mindy to Heidi: Did I tell you she knits in class? She knits away and two weeks later she comes in wearing a new sweater!
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2661 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  09:59:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message
What about the map of the world afghan from the anniversary VK, using up Takhi Donegal tweed that I already have in my stash? The Debbie Bliss cashemerino cardigan in a lovely rusty red (that yarn talks to me in my sleep, I swear "please don't leave me here in this plastic bag! Knit me!") I have the yarn for about 10 pairs of Grace Ennis socks I'd love to give as Xmas gifts next year, not to mention the lighthouse sock kit for my mom for Mother's Day, and the Cherry Tree Hill socks I want for myself. A Loopy & Lucious scarf (pattern from Knitty.com,) felted purses with furry trim, five or six hats, Aran sweater for my husband (from that beautiful Wolfsong Farm yarn I bought on Ebay last fall) and the two Policash sweaters for me I need to make before it warms up. Put them all in a pile and wrap them up in Barbara Walker's Learn to Knit Afghan, and that's only the stuff I can think of from here at work, away from my stash and pattern books!

Luann

Go to Top of Page

freckles
Sustaining Member

USA
821 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  5:44:17 PM  Show Profile Send freckles a Private Message
Alright... I can now move the sweater for my hubby mentioned in my previous post from the WNYIP column to the WIP column.... thanks to a big winter storm which resulted in my office being closed yesterday... After shoveling off the back deck I got down to business and am about 1/3 of the way through the back of the sweater!

but of course I keep adding more to the dream WNYIP column too... more felted stuffed animals and accessories for the felted teddy bear I shipped to my niece today (the teddy bear went out accompanied by a sweater for the teddy bear and my nice --matching of course -- now I need to get going on the matching felted puppy dog slippers and felt hats for bear and niece). My niece is 3 1/2 and I think she is going to have a ball dressing the bear and then dressing up the same way. Don't you think?
karen
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  8:38:30 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Karen, I love it. Now I might have to add to my list tdbby bear and matching sweater for my gd. Thanks alot Karen, just what I needed another project to add to the list.

Zola
Go to Top of Page

kdcrowley
Permanent Resident

USA
4773 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  10:03:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit kdcrowley's Homepage Send kdcrowley a Private Message
Okay, I ran out of Altamira for my green scarf. Oh well. I have a new green cravat though!

I have started on the Plume Diva shawl...triangular, point up til I run out of yarn, but I have started it. These last two items have been good for learning about increases and decreases....

Kelley

Go to Top of Page

JackieC
New Pal

23 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  1:02:47 PM  Show Profile Send JackieC a Private Message
I plan on making (as soon as I have $$, being laid off stinks ):

-Cheesylove sweater from Knitty
-Suki felted bag from Knitty
-Leaf Cravat from Interweave
-my first pair of socks using some regia stipey yarn (need to learn how to do socks on circs first)

Jackie

Go to Top of Page

freckles
Sustaining Member

USA
821 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  5:18:22 PM  Show Profile Send freckles a Private Message
Zola... I know how you feel I keep reading posts on this site about different projects an books and keep thinking oh I need that and that and I want to make that too....

By the way, the teddy bear pattern is from Fiber Trends.

karen
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  10:25:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
Then there's the easy cable-y pullover with pockets in creamy white Lamb's Pride worsted, and the cable pullover in cranberry Briggs and Little worsted -- the pattern from the all-cables-all-the-time issue of Knitters (2001?) (wool bought and paid for, for both)...or the Lamb's Pride Fleece cable pullover (wool I have to save up for, cause it's 12 skeins at $12 CDN per skein!!!)...or the Crofter's Slipover in Jamieson's 2-ply Shetland (I have the amount required all worked out) from Cheryl Oberle's "Folk Vests"...or the 2 delectable "Sakiori" vests from the same book (yarn I haven't even searched for yet)...or the 2 pr. of sox -- one from a wonderful caramel-on-grey tweed (Wildfoole in "Tom Cat" from Brown Sheep), and one from a sage green cotton by some German firm...or just about anything in Meg Swanson's Knitting ...(sigh)
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  10:32:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
OOPS!! That last should read "Wildfoote" from Brown Sheep (Sorry -- the title's obscured by a price tag and I took a "wild" guess!!)
Go to Top of Page

cnlknitr
New Pal

16 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  12:04:39 AM  Show Profile Send cnlknitr a Private Message
I have some challenges that I MUST conquer......... someday. One is in Kaffe Fassett's Family Album in the center of the book. A wonderful sweater with simple cables EXCEPT every strand of the cable is a different color and the space between yet more color. Every so often I try a swatch…….. sigh. What a tangle I make.

Then there’s the wonderful dainty rosebud trellis in a B Walker book that just calls to me as a Christening gown for the latest grandchild………… but swatches tell me I have to limit my lace to a 10 row repeat…. Double sigh……….

That’s what I like about knitting, though…… more to learn………. More to dream about…….. more to create…….. and OH! The colors!
cnl

Go to Top of Page

jcavin
New Pal

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  06:34:56 AM  Show Profile Send jcavin a Private Message
I have so many projects that I dream of doing - a very fine wool lace shawl (like the traditional Russian shawls), am argyle sweater for my husband, a fair isle weater for my sister, and a two piece linen and silk yarn dress for myself. I have started designing my own knitwear, and am gradually getting up to speed on finishing, but I don't seem to have the courage I had years ago to try something new on a major project. I think I am afraid that if I have to rip parts out and redo them too many times, I'll never finish the project. So instead I'm working on smaller projects to get the techniques for fair isle, multiple yarns, etc. down pat. Maybe some day............

Joan Cavin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.89 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.