Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 works not yet in progress...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

beauotts
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  08:35:30 AM  Show Profile Send beauotts a Private Message

The most perfect Cable cardigan. I have yet to find the pattern though, but I keep buying yarn in anticipation of making this perfect sweater (LOL)

Liz

Liz
Go to Top of Page

BlueStocking
Sustaining Member

USA
945 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  09:15:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit BlueStocking's Homepage Send BlueStocking a Private Message
The Ragna sweater in "Viking Patterns for Knitting," the Boxy Aran Sweater and little girl's Smock Jacket in Debbie Bliss' "Celtic Knits," the Evergreen sweater in Manos' "Design Source Collection 2," Jay's Golf Vest in "Simply Beautiful Sweaters for Men," another Mountain Colors afghan in moguls and mohair (this one for me! )... and I have all the yarn for these already (plus alot of other yarn which shall go unmentioned ) ....

Then there's the ones I want to do but don't have yarn for yet ... the beaded ruana in "Handpaint Country," the beaded shawl in Interweave Knits last year (don't remember the issue, but it's around here somewhere!), the fingerless Victorian gloves also in IK last year, the Bay Tank Funnel Neck Pullover in Mission Falls' "Simple, Spring 2001," (I knitted the Bay Tank and simply must have the pullover, too! ), the Siobhan vest in Mission Falls' "Harvest, Fall 2001" ...

Then there's the ones I'm designing in my head right now ... the fuzzy/glittery/girly vest for my daughter, the "native american" vest for my son which will have cave painting figures / hieroglyphics across the body, the aran vest out of alpaca/merino/silk which I'm going to spin myself (I have the fiber but haven't started it yet), the other vest (or sweater, depends on how much I get) from Stony Mountain Fibers merino roving (this is what I'm spinning now on my drop spindle) ... the pictoral shawl-collar sweater of pine trees / mountains / sunset-sky on the body and arms ...

ED GAD! I need therapy!

Jen

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
http://TheSpiritTrail.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kristin
Seriously Hooked

USA
606 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  10:15:24 AM  Show Profile Send Kristin a Private Message
My WNYIP:

1. Art Fibers turtle neck (knit in the round) in Nanook colourway Blue Ice (my next project!)

2. Armagh from AS Celtic Collection but knit in turquoise & yellow instead of black & white.

3. Kilim cardigan from Fair Isle Sweaters Simplified but knit in mohair.

4. St. Brigid from AS Aran Knitting if I can find some Rowan Magpie in the right shade. I'd love to do one in Teal.

5. Henry VIII from AS Tudor Roses

6. The multi-colored fair-isle pullover I found on a Japanese website (pattern will be here in March)

7. The Aran pullover & skirt ensemble from Berger du Nord circa 1986. It's a classic design that won't go out of style. Can't find the Berger du Nord yarns anymore as they are discontinued so looking for the perfect yarn substitute.

8. If can locate the right colors, the Donegal pullover from AS Celtic Collection

9. Luskentyre from AS Scottish Collection (but in a different colourway)

10. Margaret Tudor from AS Tudor Roses.

(OK, can you see a trend here?)

In between all my wishful thinking are the little projects like baby items, socks, scarves, etc. that I'm always doing for a quick gift.

Oh, I almost forgot:

11. Classic Aran sweater from AS Childrens Collection for DS in red.

12. St. Moritz pullover in Colourway J from Dale of Norway.

--Kristin

"A little nonsense now & then is relished by the wisest men." --Roald Dahl
Go to Top of Page

purlie
New Pal

6 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  2:16:43 PM  Show Profile Send purlie a Private Message
Oh the sweaters yet to come. when I open my stash closet the projects to be are sitting there in bags. Waiting for the moment: the celery green silk for the aran cardigan by debbie bliss, the indigo blue silk for a short summer design from the wonderful tricoter yarn shop books, the royal blue wool waiting for a meg Swanson steeking adventure. oh thinking of them makes me want to start them all but they will have to wait til the Sally Melville "Styles" book ken's classic vest is finshed 50% done and counting. hurry before spring come and the knitting fever wanes to be replaced by kayaking and gardening
Go to Top of Page

cputnam1
New Pal

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  9:02:55 PM  Show Profile Send cputnam1 a Private Message
I seem to be stuck on a few things at the moment. I have been knitting and reknitting the same yarns over and over for the past 6 months.

An example is some green Lamb's Pride bulky that I have. It has been two sweaters and slippers already, but all weren't exactly right in some way, so they got unknit. I finally made a sweater for my daughter that I really like, but I misjudged the size, so I am in the process of reknitting that in the right size.

I also have an alpaca scarf that I have started and restarted, and finished, and then restarted again half a dozen times. sooner or later it will be a scarf, but not until it turns out exactly right.

I have also been fighting with some bulky homespun cotton, acrylic chenille, and hot pink mohair that have all been knit up into at least two different things, but are all back in bags again until I figure out what they should be.

One of these days I will be able to figure out the perfect project for each of these yarns, and then I will be able to move on to all the other yarns in my yarn closet waiting for me. I have the yarn for at least 15 sweaters beyond the ones I am stuck on.

Go to Top of Page

Marjorie
Seriously Hooked

New Zealand
605 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  11:32:00 PM  Show Profile Send Marjorie a Private Message
My dream would be to have some felted bags in the wardrobe.All shapes and sizes...but I'll be lucky to ever have one because I have this illness you see.I keep buying wool for other things and just never seem to get around to it.What would life be without dreams.
Marjorie

Go to Top of Page

SusanT
Seriously Hooked

950 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  10:40:07 AM  Show Profile Send SusanT a Private Message
I'm anxiously waiting for the wool for my first sweater and for my first instartia project to arrive. I'm down to only one project right now - a Mission Falls scarf.

Other projects I'd like to do:

1. the Trudie Jacket from Mission Falls Decade

2. Anything with cables (I just learned and I love doing them)

Go to Top of Page

SusanT
Seriously Hooked

950 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  10:41:21 AM  Show Profile Send SusanT a Private Message
Oh, and I'd also like to do the "Remembering Honey" sweater from the new Interweave Knits.

Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  2:52:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
quote:

The most perfect Cable cardigan. I have yet to find the pattern though, but I keep buying yarn in anticipation of making this perfect sweater (LOL)

Liz, try hunting down the Fall 2001 issue of Knitter's Magazine -- it's all cables! You might be able to get a back issue at www.knittinguniverse.com. It's wonderful!

-- Marg
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2673 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2003 :  2:57:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message
Oh, no fair! I only listed the projects for which I already had the pattern and yarn! You guys are talking about things still unstashed... well, I doubt there's room on this website to list all the things I'd like to make... and I just found out one of my best friends is pregnant, so there will be some baby things bumping their way to the front of the line. Lucky I have some baby yarn stashed already... I have that adorable Dale Baby book for a while, now I have reason to make something out of there. Must finish Olympic sweater soon!!!

Luann

Go to Top of Page

lacylaine
Seriously Hooked

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2003 :  7:28:45 PM  Show Profile Send lacylaine a Private Message
A real lace shawl made with the lace weight, pink merino DD got me for my birthday last year.

My toe-up Liberty socks - to be started at Sockfest!

The Teddy Bear Sweater Cap with Wool-Ease. I FINALLY found the right color in the right weight a few weeks ago.

A Debbie Bliss teddy bear just for me and then some matching accessories, designed by me.

My homework FOR Sockfest. Sigh. Still, they let me knit at lunch on my new part-time job. Some people get funny about that, you know?

Melanie

Oh, and the Koreyon block sweater in last fall's something or other. Each skein of yarn is used like a bobbin, with a few textures. Oooh.

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might." Ecclesiastes 9:10
Go to Top of Page

debraemanon@aol.com
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2003 :  09:39:52 AM  Show Profile Send debraemanon@aol.com a Private Message
How about knitting myself a sweater. You know how it is...complete one someone oohs and aahs and the next thing you know you are giving it away.
Go to Top of Page

Elsa
Chatty Knitter

154 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2003 :  10:34:50 AM  Show Profile Send Elsa a Private Message
WNYIP.........

I add a couple a week to my mental list. I'm totally giggling because I could add 20 more since I just took a couple classes at my LYS. I just learned 2 handed fairisle, cables,lace,I-cord,and bobbles in the last two weeks. Now I am rumaging through all of my stuff and thinking "Hey, I can do that now!" I'm still being unreasonable about the number of projects I can actually finish, maybe in another week I can give this question a realistic answer. I'm just having to much fun though, and with Stiches West coming up......... nope sorry, cannot be realistic till next month!

Elsa

Go to Top of Page

kdcrowley
Permanent Resident

USA
4773 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2003 :  11:43:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit kdcrowley's Homepage Send kdcrowley a Private Message
Okay I have to add to my list.....

Whatever I am going to make with the 8 oz of handdyed roving that I purchased this weekend when I rented the spinning wheel. The roving is teal green with white and a rust to dark brown. Can't wait to ply it, but I want to have a really good amount on the bobbin first.

I was thinking of a shawl for me, but then realized that 8 oz may be enough for a sweater for DS who is 2. Aren't I optimistic??

The other work not yet in progress is deciding which wheel to purchase.....This is after trying to spin on a wheel for just a little more than a few hours. Ah, amor est merveilleux, n'est-ce pas?

Kelley

Everywhere you go, there you are! Imagine that....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.95 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?