Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Felting Talk
 Felting Books and Patterns
 Nantucket Basket
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nwilson02
Chatty Knitter

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  08:13:12 AM  Show Profile Send nwilson02 a Private Message
I just found the neatest pattern at Knitpicks for a felted Nantucket Basket. The pattern and yarn cost less than $16 and since my whole order was over $30 the shipping was free. Can't wait to get it and try the basket pattern.

grammyknits
Chatty Knitter

108 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  1:26:18 PM  Show Profile Send grammyknits a Private Message
I saw that basket and pattern and am tempted to give it a try. What yarn did you select for it? Please let us know how it comes out, ok? You just can't beat KnitPicks for their low cost but beautiful yarns!
Go to Top of Page

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  2:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message
Is it my imagination or did they enlarge the yarn color samples? I like them.

Barbara
http://graniterose.livejournal.com/
If YOU don't talk to your CAT about catnip, who will?
Go to Top of Page

nwilson02
Chatty Knitter

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  6:00:29 PM  Show Profile Send nwilson02 a Private Message
I got wheat and winter night. I'll let you know how it comes out. I just received notice that it's already been shipped. Wow, that's quick, I just placed my order this morning. Can't wait to see how it works up.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

beejayeles
Chatty Knitter

USA
238 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  3:59:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit beejayeles's Homepage Send beejayeles a Private Message
i just finished the nantasket basket using christmasy green with red for the handles and border at bottom. it is adorable!....going to give it to mother-in-law with goodies in in for holidays. i used wool-of-the-andes double stranded and increased to a final of 100 stithes rather than 88. the only change i would make would be to shorten the handle a tad.
Go to Top of Page

Bristolknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
173 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  05:28:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bristolknits's Homepage Send Bristolknits a Private Message
Hi
I'd like to order the Nantasket basket...but I don't like to use DPN's unless they are for I-cord. So, in making the basket, are DPN's used for the base or just the handles?
thanks,
Carol
http://groups.msn.com/KnewKnitter

(thats why my bowls/vases are made with a flat square base, no DPN's!
Go to Top of Page

beejayeles
Chatty Knitter

USA
238 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2005 :  10:46:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit beejayeles's Homepage Send beejayeles a Private Message
yes....you have to use dpn's to start the basket and for the icord. i too hate dpns...i feel like i have more fingers than i need..but i struggled thru the first few rows then moved to a short circular and it came out fine...wish there was a way to get around those dpns![crazy]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe