Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Lace Forum
 Enabling through Photos
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wovenflame
Seriously Hooked

Canada
812 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2005 :  5:00:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wovenflame's Homepage Send Wovenflame a Private Message
I've just completed the Peacock Feathers Shawl. I added beads to the cast off edge and it turned out beautifully. Come by my blog and see.....but be warned, you'll find your fingers itching for yet another lace project! http://wovenflame.blogspot.com/2005/09/proud-peacock.html

-Marlene-
Come visit me at: http://wovenflame.blogspot.com/

"First is to shift the perception. If you learn to look at something differently, you will change it in an instant. The point of perception from which you view any situation determines your entire reality." - The Group

Busyhands
Permanent Resident

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2005 :  8:34:08 PM  Show Profile Send Busyhands a Private Message
Beeee-utiful! I like the tiny sparkle the beads give it! Makes me wonder if I could put a teeny bead in the center of the 'eye' of each feather? Hmmmm...
Lin

"Wearing cheerful, multicolored hats is a public service, easy to perform, and of incalculable value." - Anna Zilboorg
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Busyhands/elisaintunnel.jpg[/IMG]
Go to Top of Page

jennybensmom
Chatty Knitter

182 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2005 :  8:44:06 PM  Show Profile Send jennybensmom a Private Message
Absolutely beautiful!

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2005 :  9:13:09 PM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message
Wow. Nice!
Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2005 :  9:34:45 PM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
Just gorgeous! Like the rest of your work.

Trish
Go to Top of Page

gisela
Chatty Knitter

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2005 :  07:09:10 AM  Show Profile Send gisela a Private Message
Marlene,

It is gorgeous. What color Zephyr did you use? Is that the marine blue. I have a cone of that and I do have this pattern. In fact, I was just looking at it last weekend because once I finish the shawl I am working on, I want to start on this one. One other question, the beads, how did you put them in?

Congratulations on a lovely work of art.

Best wishes,

Gisela
Go to Top of Page

tinkknits@aol.com
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2005 :  08:49:15 AM  Show Profile Send tinkknits@aol.com a Private Message
Stunning!!!!!!

Jamie
Go to Top of Page

sparkleplenty
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
484 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2005 :  09:04:56 AM  Show Profile Send sparkleplenty a Private Message
Ooo! That's gorgeous! I have that pattern on my wish list.

Sarah

If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.
~Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

galleylama
Seriously Hooked

753 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2005 :  10:04:27 AM  Show Profile Send galleylama a Private Message
Marlene, you did an outstanding job- your shawl is soooo beautiful!

It is easier to be forgiven than to receive permission.
Go to Top of Page

Wovenflame
Seriously Hooked

Canada
812 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2005 :  7:24:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wovenflame's Homepage Send Wovenflame a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by gisela

What color Zephyr did you use?

It is "aegean blue", the solid one, not the hand painted.

quote:
One other question, the beads, how did you put them in?

I used a tiny crochet hook (small enough to fit through the center of the bead) and pulled the loop through and then continued with the regular sized hook. I added them only in the crocheted loop bind off, but the same principle can be used to add them in the middle of knitting.

-Marlene-

"First is to shift the perception. If you learn to look at something differently, you will change it in an instant. The point of perception from which you view any situation determines your entire reality." - The Group
Go to Top of Page

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2005 :  08:22:11 AM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
Marlene, that is just unbelievably lovely!

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2005 :  09:16:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
I'm speechless with awe....

Lissa

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

Oh, and I now have a blog:http://knittnlissa.typepad.com/knittnlissa/
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2005 :  11:03:05 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Marlene, I agree with all of the above and just want to add YOU look great with it on.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Wovenflame
Seriously Hooked

Canada
812 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2005 :  9:37:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wovenflame's Homepage Send Wovenflame a Private Message
Thanks Zola. After looking through my daughter's wedding photos and feeling like the "Before" picture at a Weight Watcher's photo shoot, your compliment came just when I needed it most.

-Marlene-

Go to Top of Page

abbierose
Seriously Hooked

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  05:55:18 AM  Show Profile Send abbierose a Private Message
Stunning! Love the color, love the beads, love the shawl. You did a fabulous job, and yes, you have inspired me to want to knit that shawl now!

Melissa
Tia Knits
Go to Top of Page

txtapdancer
Chatty Knitter

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  3:58:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit txtapdancer's Homepage Send txtapdancer a Private Message
That is unbelievable.

I'm making a shawl for my Mom for Christmas. I struggled to find the perfect pattern. I'm going with something along the lines of Kiri this year (this is my first lace project so I'm trying to keep it simple) but this stunner is already on the list for Mom next year.

Love the color. Great stitch work. Incredible.

--Julia
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.6 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?