Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Shop owners and aspiring businesspeople
 What makes your shop unique?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pinaysister
New Pal

10 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2005 :  08:55:35 AM  Show Profile Send pinaysister a Private Message
I thought this would be an interesting thread to start...

What makes your shop unique from the other shops in your area? What differentiates you from all the others? Or to put it simply, what makes your store special?

(By the way, I'm not posting this for any personal or alternative reasons, but I thought it would be interesting to know what shops are doing around the country!)

The Irish Ewe
Permanent Resident

USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2005 :  1:00:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Irish Ewe's Homepage Send The Irish Ewe a Private Message
We do Irish imports as well as yarn, and we have our own line of Irish yarn. Plus many small, local farms that only sell to us. And many programs for spinners, weavers, knitters, crocheters, kids, charity, new people, etc.

But the number one thing? The people who work here, and our "regulars" who stop by for groups each week.

The Irish Ewe
Norway, Maine
http://www.TheIrishEwe.com
Go to Top of Page

pinaysister
New Pal

10 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2005 :  4:39:21 PM  Show Profile Send pinaysister a Private Message
That's really amazing... I don't know of any stores besides yours that offer Irish imports. Cute get togethers on your website, by the way.

I've seen time and time again that pleasant service and atmosphere brings customers coming back. I've walked into yarn stores and have been totally ignored! What's up with that?? Don't shop owners want customers to come back?
Go to Top of Page

Schleppenheimer
Seriously Hooked

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  06:41:55 AM  Show Profile Send Schleppenheimer a Private Message
I have GOT to come and visit your store the next time in Maine! Won't be happening any time soon (I live in Pittsburgh), but when I'm there, I'm coming to see the Irish Ewe!

Kris
Go to Top of Page

GailnCocoaBeach
New Pal

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2005 :  4:09:59 PM  Show Profile Send GailnCocoaBeach a Private Message
Our shop has one side devoted to all things yarn
And the other side to all things beads....

I think it's fun -
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.84 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?