Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Knitting Magazines
 Vogue Knitting Holiday
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Yarn Delirious
Seriously Hooked

USA
777 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2005 :  6:03:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yarn Delirious's Homepage Send Yarn Delirious a Private Message
Holiday Issue preview is up at Vogue.

http://www.vogueknitting.com/vkm/vkm.html

a few interesting things, although I don't think my hairstyle will change ;)

on sale Oct 16 (EDIT: sorry, the 18th).

Yarn Delirious blog

argoknit
Seriously Hooked

USA
711 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2005 :  6:09:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit argoknit's Homepage Send argoknit a Private Message
Oooh. I really like this issue. I like the green sweater with the fair isle around the collar and the matching hat.

But I agree, I don't think I'll be changing my hair real soon either.

argoknit

http://www.isaacsondesign.net/

[image]http://www.isaacsondesign.net/forum/llama.gif[/image]
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2604 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2005 :  6:13:29 PM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message
Hairstyles... and the make-up!!

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

RachelKnitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2995 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2005 :  6:22:31 PM  Show Profile Send RachelKnitter a Private Message
Oooooh...I like this issue--especially the fair isle sweater! (I'm a little fair isle obsessed lately.)

--------
You are about to be told one more time that you are America’s most valuable natural resource. Have you seen what they do to valuable natural resources? -Utah Phillips, addressing a group of young people
Go to Top of Page

Wonk
Chatty Knitter

United Kingdom
273 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2005 :  12:11:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wonk's Homepage Send Wonk a Private Message
Ooh, I love the double-breasted sweater coat. And the lace sleeveless shirt. And the pillows.

I'm trying to surpress my love for anything Victorian-styled, but I'm failing miserably.
Go to Top of Page

glccafar
Seriously Hooked

825 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2005 :  07:02:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit glccafar's Homepage Send glccafar a Private Message
I like the pillows a lot. Perhaps I should be subscribing to this magazine...
Go to Top of Page

Yarn Delirious
Seriously Hooked

USA
777 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2005 :  4:50:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yarn Delirious's Homepage Send Yarn Delirious a Private Message
I should have sent in my subscription also. :(

Yarn Delirious blog
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4166 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2005 :  5:40:46 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
Huh...I'm getting a 404 error when I try to open the link. And when I click on it from the vk web site.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Yarn Delirious
Seriously Hooked

USA
777 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2005 :  5:52:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yarn Delirious's Homepage Send Yarn Delirious a Private Message
me too. The preview is down for some reason if you go to their home page, you can see the cover but nothing after clicking on it. It was working yesterday.

Yarn Delirious blog
Go to Top of Page

glccafar
Seriously Hooked

825 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2005 :  6:59:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit glccafar's Homepage Send glccafar a Private Message
Here's another path to the preview:
http://www.vogueknitting.com/vkm/preview/preb.shtml
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4166 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  07:31:34 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
Thanks for the link! I like several sweaters: the shrug with the plaid collar, the lacey sweater worn by the woman with the giant hat, and the fair isle with matching cap.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tigerlounge
Warming Up

72 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  4:25:15 PM  Show Profile Send tigerlounge a Private Message
LOOOOVVVEEE the cover pattern. Twinkle does the best chunky knits.... Not so sure about the knits in the preview - but looking forward to getting this issue anyway.

Does anyone have any idea of VK is selling more copies now that they have updated their look and the style of the patterns?
Go to Top of Page

ScubaQueen
Seriously Hooked

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  4:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit ScubaQueen's Homepage Send ScubaQueen a Private Message
I'm so excited!! I just subscribed to Vogue Knitting and they said this Holiday Issue would be the first one I receive....Can't wait

~Wendy

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "WOW...WHAT A RIDE!!!"

My blog and other such nonsense... 2 Wet Fins
Go to Top of Page

teruterubouzu
Warming Up

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  1:52:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit teruterubouzu's Homepage Send teruterubouzu a Private Message
Ooh, I quite like that lacy sleeveless top.

Amy
http://teruterubouzu.typepad.com/andknitting/
Go to Top of Page

RoseM
Permanent Resident

Canada
1898 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  5:59:48 PM  Show Profile Send RoseM a Private Message
Love the pillows and the plum capelet (but where would I wear it??). That issue will be coming home with me.
RoseM
Go to Top of Page

Wonk
Chatty Knitter

United Kingdom
273 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  3:22:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wonk's Homepage Send Wonk a Private Message
I know that some bookstores put magazines out in advance of their actual release date. Has anyone picked this one up yet?

I'm going to head over to B&N within the next couple of days to see if they have it on the rack.

~Wonk
Go to Top of Page

Yarn Delirious
Seriously Hooked

USA
777 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  3:59:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yarn Delirious's Homepage Send Yarn Delirious a Private Message
wonk,
let us know if it is out. I'm avoiding BN until then. Too tempting.

Shel

Yarn Delirious blog
Go to Top of Page

sweetnsour
Chatty Knitter

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  12:45:59 AM  Show Profile Send sweetnsour a Private Message
All the Victorian garb has me giggly; but I don't have any party dresses and big feather hats to wear with them, but I'll probably make some of them anyway!

Amy

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Go to Top of Page

LizzyDee
Chatty Knitter

243 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  1:56:55 PM  Show Profile Send LizzyDee a Private Message
Very interesting! I am not sure I will get this one. The FCEK Holiday issue is more my style. Although, the Victorian garb does look pretty fun.
Go to Top of Page

KittyLitterKnitter
Warming Up

88 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  2:19:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit KittyLitterKnitter's Homepage Send KittyLitterKnitter a Private Message
Oh YEAH! Feminine knits that require some artistry. I'll be getting this one. Enough saggy knits on size 58 needles.
Go Vogue!

"When I die I want to go like my grandfather, peacefully and in my sleep---Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."

Go to Top of Page

LizzyDee
Chatty Knitter

243 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  12:38:40 PM  Show Profile Send LizzyDee a Private Message
Silly me. I just remembered I am still subscribed to Vogue but not to FCEK. I guess I will be getting this one after all and I will have to look for the other on the newsstands.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?