Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Software
 Sole Solution question
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

littlefoot
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  09:27:24 AM  Show Profile Send littlefoot a Private Message
Does anyone here have Sole Solution? I'm considering it but I have one question: Does it offer a choice of heels and toes for toe-up socks? I have Sock Wizard, but it uses short-row heels and toes, nothing else. I prefer a variety of toes and heels. If I have to rewrite the pattern to that extent, there doesn't seem to be much point in having software -- a $2 calculator will do the math for me.

Thanks,
Anne

"I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going."

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  5:27:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message
OK, here goes. I do have it and I do use it. The initial screen has you enter the cuff, in inches; stitch gauge, in sts/inch. Then "select sock construction - ie toe up or top down. Then Selct heel style: flap/standard, half handkerchief, or short row. Then you select heel width, then heel stitch, then toe style, then toe width, then needle size, rib repeat and foot shaping. From there you choose needles using - 2 circular, 4 needles or 5 needles. Then you have optional pattern placement choices ie single or repeat motif and then pattern begins: center st or first st. Also the option to add a stitch. Then you get to optional leg shaping. WHEW! YES, I LIKE MY SOLE SOLUTION.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  5:31:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message
I should have mentioned that I do also have Sweater Wizard (love it) and Stitch and Motif Maker (love it) by Carol, the maker of Sock Wizard. I bought the Sole Solution because, at the time, I couldn't justify spending much of anything! Was broke. [crazy] Have always wondered if I should get Sock Wizard also. But, I prefer to buy more yarn! [:00]

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe