Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 Instant Gratification
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  11:33:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message
I'm so in need of a quicky project right now! I am still waiting on the yarn to make some felted mittens, which were going to be my next quick thing, and my three other WIPs are long-termers - two afghans and a Christmas stocking. I want to work on something and get it done soon!

Alright, done ranting and going to go wander through my list of saved patterns and see if there is anything I missed that I could do before ambling back over to the Christmas stocking. I hate waiting for yarn...

God created man before woman because it is always necessary to make a rough draft before creating the masterpiece!
Backstage Stitches

mrknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  11:59:35 AM  Show Profile Send mrknits a Private Message
There's always a face/dish cloth. I've enjoyed making the ones with intials and giving them to folks as a little gift.

Miriam
Go to Top of Page

trekcelt
Seriously Hooked

USA
849 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  12:00:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit trekcelt's Homepage Send trekcelt a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by kadiddly

I'm so in need of a quicky project right now! I am still waiting on the yarn to make some felted mittens, which were going to be my next quick thing, and my three other WIPs are long-termers - two afghans and a Christmas stocking. I want to work on something and get it done soon!
Go to my blog. Search for "Destash" and make yourself a to go cup cozy or an ice cream pint cozy with leftovers from your stash.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

FO: 18, WIP: 2
trek's blog

"As for me and my house..."
Go to Top of Page

Ember
Chatty Knitter

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2005 :  12:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ember's Homepage Send Ember a Private Message
How about little finger puppets or gnome dolls?
Headbands or kercheif/scarves
Wristlets
Simple winter scarf and/or hat
Cellphone cozy
Knit up some flowers or butterflies to add to hats, scarves, or blankets (I knit up some great butterflies and flowers from the Stitch and beach Nation patterns)
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4157 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2005 :  12:53:42 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
Felted potholders or oven mitts?

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1926 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2005 :  8:04:35 PM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
A while back I signed up for a free ball of eyelash yarn from a Mary Maxim offer.I think it is called Disco. It came the other day with patterns and a catalog. One pattern for a scarf called for two balls of this yarn, casting on 22 stitches, so I am making a skinny garter scarf with 11 stitches. It is electric blue and very shaggy, but it doesn't shed at all. It is easy and fun, and I will probably give it to a local service group that collects holiday gifts. Something like this goes very fast.
--Chayah in NY
Go to Top of Page

COgirl
Permanent Resident

USA
2176 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2005 :  10:40:12 PM  Show Profile Send COgirl a Private Message
I have got a couple of projects going now -- a vest and a shawl. I just need to put fringe on the shawl and I'm about halfway done with the vest. I have sock yarn that is screaming for attention and I'm about to break down and start a pair. But I'm trying to be disciplined. I feel your pain. There is nothing worse than not having a next project to go to.
Go to Top of Page

Momo
Seriously Hooked

635 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2005 :  06:40:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Momo's Homepage Send Momo a Private Message
This was a lot of fun to knit recently. Very quick too.

Cheers,

Charc

My Blog: Kung Fu Knitting
Go to Top of Page

Andy
Seriously Hooked

USA
774 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2005 :  11:13:37 AM  Show Profile Send Andy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by trekcelt

quote:
Originally posted by kadiddly

Go to my blog. Search for "Destash" and make yourself a to go cup cozy or an ice cream pint cozy with leftovers from your stash.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

FO: 18, WIP: 2
trek's blog

"As for me and my house..."

Nothing comes up when you search for destash...

Andy-wommon
Go to Top of Page

brown-eyed purl
Chatty Knitter

182 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  09:59:08 AM  Show Profile Send brown-eyed purl a Private Message
I'm in the same boat...I'm doing one of the hats from Melanie Falick's holiday knitting book which says it should knit up in an afternoon.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe