Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Boys Who Knit
 Nasty Non-Supporting Wife
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  5:36:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
Wow, this thread is making my skin itch.

Amanda

"Is that my Not-Mine Sweater? Whoever gets that Not-Mine Sweater is very lucky."
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  5:36:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
Wow, this thread is making my skin itch.

Amanda

"Is that my Not-Mine Sweater? Whoever gets that Not-Mine Sweater is very lucky."
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  5:39:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Ack. Mine too. It started itching for one reason and is now itching for another reason altogether.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  5:39:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Ack. Mine too. It started itching for one reason and is now itching for another reason altogether.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  5:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message
I don't sneak money for anything (well, I sneak a little at a time for presents for him so I can keep it a surprise).

If we can afford it, Jimmy doesn't deny me anything, and if we can't afford it, I wouldn't think of buying it.

-WendyM
And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands, and brought that which they had spun, both of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine linen. Exodus 35:25
Go to Top of Page

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  5:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message
I don't sneak money for anything (well, I sneak a little at a time for presents for him so I can keep it a surprise).

If we can afford it, Jimmy doesn't deny me anything, and if we can't afford it, I wouldn't think of buying it.

-WendyM
And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands, and brought that which they had spun, both of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine linen. Exodus 35:25
Go to Top of Page

KL
Permanent Resident

6041 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  5:45:33 PM  Show Profile Send KL a Private Message
Why the itching? KL
Go to Top of Page

KL
Permanent Resident

6041 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  5:45:33 PM  Show Profile Send KL a Private Message
Why the itching? KL
Go to Top of Page

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  6:28:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message
I just wonder, if she is so against it, why she brought the daughter back to get stuff to learn with? Maybe it's okay for the daughter but not okay for the hubby?? I dunno - I think it's great to find guys who knit, or at least appreciate the handiwork. Next time the hubby or the daughter come in, maybe mention some knitting group or class that they can go to - without her!

God created man before woman because it is always necessary to make a rough draft before creating the masterpiece!
Backstage Stitches
Go to Top of Page

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  6:28:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message
I just wonder, if she is so against it, why she brought the daughter back to get stuff to learn with? Maybe it's okay for the daughter but not okay for the hubby?? I dunno - I think it's great to find guys who knit, or at least appreciate the handiwork. Next time the hubby or the daughter come in, maybe mention some knitting group or class that they can go to - without her!

God created man before woman because it is always necessary to make a rough draft before creating the masterpiece!
Backstage Stitches
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  7:22:21 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by KL

Why the itching?

I'm itching because I think it disgusting to keep financial secrets from a spouse. It is stealing from one's spouse and creating a hornet's nest of mistrust and deceit.

Secret credit cards? Have you any idea of the hell this will cause when you die? It's time to grow up and treat finances in an open and adult manner and stop sneaking cash like cookies from the cookie jar.

"An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Martin Luther King Jr.
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  7:22:21 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by KL

Why the itching?

I'm itching because I think it disgusting to keep financial secrets from a spouse. It is stealing from one's spouse and creating a hornet's nest of mistrust and deceit.

Secret credit cards? Have you any idea of the hell this will cause when you die? It's time to grow up and treat finances in an open and adult manner and stop sneaking cash like cookies from the cookie jar.

"An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Martin Luther King Jr.
Go to Top of Page

griffsmom
Gabber Extraordinaire

457 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  9:18:35 PM  Show Profile Send griffsmom a Private Message
It sounds like the children are already compensating for mommy's temper. And that's how she acted in the store! I'd hate to imagine what she must be like at home, when she's not on her "good" behavior. It makes me sad to think of what those kids may have to live with on a daily basis.

*~*Lori*~*

My finished projects: http://community.webshots.com/album/308469463umpbHG

"Measure wealth, not by the things you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money." ~ Unknown
Go to Top of Page

griffsmom
Gabber Extraordinaire

457 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  9:18:35 PM  Show Profile Send griffsmom a Private Message
It sounds like the children are already compensating for mommy's temper. And that's how she acted in the store! I'd hate to imagine what she must be like at home, when she's not on her "good" behavior. It makes me sad to think of what those kids may have to live with on a daily basis.

*~*Lori*~*

My finished projects: http://community.webshots.com/album/308469463umpbHG

"Measure wealth, not by the things you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money." ~ Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Sher
Permanent Resident

1292 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2005 :  07:36:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Sher a Yahoo! Message Send Sher a Private Message
KL: I too am uncofortable with so much secrecy and deciet in a marriage. Plus, do you realize the jepardy you are placing both yourself and DH in regarding tax evasion by not "claiming" a $1,500 winning!? IMHO it is time to place your cards on the table and work out an honest relationship with your "equal" partner. I am a SAHM and wouldn't think of hiding or stashing "our" money.
Go to Top of Page

Sher
Permanent Resident

1292 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2005 :  07:36:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Sher a Yahoo! Message Send Sher a Private Message
KL: I too am uncofortable with so much secrecy and deciet in a marriage. Plus, do you realize the jepardy you are placing both yourself and DH in regarding tax evasion by not "claiming" a $1,500 winning!? IMHO it is time to place your cards on the table and work out an honest relationship with your "equal" partner. I am a SAHM and wouldn't think of hiding or stashing "our" money.
Go to Top of Page

danspun
Chatty Knitter

101 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2005 :  07:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit danspun's Homepage Send danspun a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by mokey

quote:
Originally posted by KL

Why the itching?

Mokey, thanks for saying something about this. I agree that this is no way to treat a relationship. It is just yarn after all, and you should be able to openly talk about what you want to spend money on.

My blog:
http://www.sattler-reimer.com/spinknit/bBlog

My shop:
http://www.sattler-reimer.com
Go to Top of Page

danspun
Chatty Knitter

101 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2005 :  07:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit danspun's Homepage Send danspun a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by mokey

quote:
Originally posted by KL

Why the itching?

Mokey, thanks for saying something about this. I agree that this is no way to treat a relationship. It is just yarn after all, and you should be able to openly talk about what you want to spend money on.

My blog:
http://www.sattler-reimer.com/spinknit/bBlog

My shop:
http://www.sattler-reimer.com
Go to Top of Page

Valk_scot
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
1281 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2005 :  10:55:15 AM  Show Profile Send Valk_scot a Private Message
I just buy what I want...as long as it`s within reason! Hubby moans occasionaly about it but the thought of keeping my finances a secret from him has never occurred to me. I don`t go home and say "Hey, I just spent 75 on yarn and knitting books" but I don`t hide them either, and it pops up on the joint credit card statement eventually. I`m not one to spend much on clothes or nights out, after all.

Val.

[img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_9_21.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Valk_scot
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
1281 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2005 :  10:55:15 AM  Show Profile Send Valk_scot a Private Message
I just buy what I want...as long as it`s within reason! Hubby moans occasionaly about it but the thought of keeping my finances a secret from him has never occurred to me. I don`t go home and say "Hey, I just spent 75 on yarn and knitting books" but I don`t hide them either, and it pops up on the joint credit card statement eventually. I`m not one to spend much on clothes or nights out, after all.

Val.

[img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_9_21.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by