Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 Wow! A FO!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RobA
Permanent Resident

2373 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2005 :  5:36:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit RobA's Homepage Send RobA a Private Message
Since I rarely finish things, it is extra neat to be able to announce a pair of mittens, which only took a few days to knit. I even used the yarn called for -- complete serendipity, I had 3 skeins in the stash. The pattern is the first I have worked from the 365 Knitting Patterns a Day calendar for 2005 -- from the Chill Chasers set on the October pages. I had 3 skeins, the pattern for the mittens called for two, and they actually took only 1.5 (I have small hands and feet.) So now I have cast on for the matching hat -- we'll see how far I get before the yarn runs out (LOL). A picture of the first finished mitten is on my blog.

Rob http://roberta.typepad.com/robknits/

Wonk
Chatty Knitter

United Kingdom
273 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2005 :  5:59:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wonk's Homepage Send Wonk a Private Message
Looks great! I love the little bits of red in the yarn pattern. I haven't made any mittens yet, just a pair of fingerless gloves (or a half of a pair...I can't remember).

I assume you mean 365 knitting patterns a year, as 365 knitting patterns a day would be a bit tiresome, I think :).

~Wonk
Go to Top of Page

temari
Gabber Extraordinaire

497 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2005 :  7:12:41 PM  Show Profile Send temari a Private Message
Good job on the mittens! I have that calendar and haven't made anything from it yet - I should take another look at it (not that I need any more projects!)
Go to Top of Page

RobA
Permanent Resident

2373 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  04:33:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit RobA's Homepage Send RobA a Private Message
Hey Wonk! YOu gotta problem with 365 knitting patterns a day??? Think that'd be enough for anyone on KR??? I guess I shouldn't have guessed at the name -- yeah, the Knitting Pattern a Day box calendar. I went through it again Temari, and found 4 or 5 patterns that I moved to the front of the box. I don't think I'll buy the new one, though I said the same thing about this one. Wish I could see the patterns before buying.

Rob http://roberta.typepad.com/robknits/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?