Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 How do you store your circs?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  06:37:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
I found a circular needled case at a craft fair which is really neat because it has clear pockets, but it only holds a half dozen circs. I'm wondering how those of you who have a large collection store them all.

Jane
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  06:43:15 AM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
Jane, I've got a case for circs. It matches one of my knitting bags. I still haven't organized them yet.I keep my in a Rubbermaid storgae box that keeps them pretty neat. It has a snap type lid on it. Then I have my Denise needles & those are just so easy to keep.

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3935 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  06:56:46 AM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
I use a totally simple method. I labeled ziploc gallon bags with sizes - I used a permanent marker -- one size per bag. The bag size is good because I take the needles out of the manufacturer's bag (which I keep in the bag because I sometimes use them when I have numerous needles in my current knitting tote) and the needles do not kink in a gallon bag. I keep the bags in a large clear box under my bed. It's easy to find my needles, new bags can be added as I buy new sizes, and DPN fit in the bags too.

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

knitloon
Gabber Extraordinaire

524 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  07:15:27 AM  Show Profile Send knitloon a Private Message
I made my own organizer, similar to the ones that they sell for about $25 in yarn stores. It's made of fabric on a hanger, with horizontal section that the slide the needles through. They stay organized and unkinked. I marked each section with a permanent marker for the sz needle, and hung a needle sizer from a loop of yarn at the top.
Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  07:26:23 AM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message
Mine are in a Bass Pro bait binder...I can grab it and take it with me at a moments notice.

chris

Keep on knittin', mama, knittin' those blues away!
Go to Top of Page

hisue51
Chatty Knitter

USA
178 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  08:09:46 AM  Show Profile  Send hisue51 a Yahoo! Message Send hisue51 a Private Message
Someone here told me about getting a plastic coupon organizer in a previous thread. I found one at a dollar store. It is opaque and larger than a checkbook. It has tabs with stickers I can use to label the slots. It works great and fits nicely in my storage bag.

Life is short, eat more chocolate.
Go to Top of Page

MeezieGirl
Seriously Hooked

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  09:13:54 AM  Show Profile Send MeezieGirl a Private Message
A friend bought a circular needle storage case at Stitches West. I thought it was cool, but too small. I modified it and added pages. Love it!

Dee

You can take the girl out of New York, but you can't take New York out of the girl.
Go to Top of Page

knittingbaglady
Permanent Resident

USA
1207 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  09:57:32 AM  Show Profile Send knittingbaglady a Private Message
I have all my circulars in one of my circular cases...see web site if interested. And my knit chek is right in the back pocket.
I like having them so compact.

Martha.

http://www.greenmountainknittingbags.com/
Go to Top of Page

tribalfyber
Chatty Knitter

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  10:08:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit tribalfyber's Homepage Send tribalfyber a Private Message
mine are in a gallon freezer ziplock with a skacel needle gauge. the loose ones, anyway. one of the bamboo sets is in my backpack at all times. i am so afraid that armageddon might happen and i'll be separated from my knitting. then at least i can begin life over with something. i love the compact bamboo set, like a deck of cards!
Go to Top of Page

new2kntting
Warming Up

93 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  10:08:49 AM  Show Profile Send new2kntting a Private Message
I put all of mine in a 2/3 inch 3 ring binder.
Go to Top of Page

slaggyc
Permanent Resident

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  11:41:47 AM  Show Profile Send slaggyc a Private Message
I've been wondering what to do with mine too. I actually bought all the materials to sew my own holder, but after reading some of these posts, I may just try something else! Thanks for the ideas!

Chelsey

Go to Top of Page

blazfglori
Permanent Resident

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  12:45:40 PM  Show Profile Send blazfglori a Private Message
I have all mine in small photo albums...one album per length.

All the 16" are in one, 24"'s in another,and so on... ;)

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  12:49:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
Thanks for all of the great ideas! After I posted that question I saw another post under "What's on your wish list" that had more ideas for storing circulars. Lots of great ideas - now how to decide which one to use!

Jane
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

SoSlowKnit
New Pal

33 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  4:45:26 PM  Show Profile Send SoSlowKnit a Private Message
I basically keep them in their packages in a tri-fold circ case...left side 12-16"; center section 24-29"; right section anything over 29". Within each section I have the packages inserted so that I can see the size...from Size 1 in the bottom pocket, on up in order...

Works for me-but you have to find the system that works for you!

"Creativity cannot be comfortably quantified in intellectual terms."
Go to Top of Page

pieheart
Permanent Resident

1872 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  5:10:49 PM  Show Profile Send pieheart a Private Message
We like to buy clementines in those wooden crates. I like to reuse things, so I have my circs in their original plastic packaging, standing up in the wooden clementine crate, separated by cardboard dividers by length.

pieheart

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Check out my album:
http://photobucket.com/albums/a80/PieHeart/
Go to Top of Page

knitswithcolors
Chatty Knitter

USA
290 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  5:17:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit knitswithcolors's Homepage Send knitswithcolors a Private Message
Check out the Circular Solution--it hangs on a hanger and keeps the needles uncurled and organized. Works great!!

Go to Top of Page

nwilson02
Chatty Knitter

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  5:38:21 PM  Show Profile Send nwilson02 a Private Message
I also use the Bass Pro Shop Bait Binder. It has the zippered bag pages and works great.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

tribalfyber
Chatty Knitter

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  6:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit tribalfyber's Homepage Send tribalfyber a Private Message
for anyone with the bass bait binders.....the replacement sleeves are on sale, for anyone who made want or need extras

apparently the binders are discontinued :(
Go to Top of Page

carol940
Chatty Knitter

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2005 :  07:47:21 AM  Show Profile Send carol940 a Private Message
There are a couple of bait binders that look like they would work.

The first one

The second one

I was going to look at a bunch of the pencil cases that go into binders, but they seemed expensive. The bait binder and pages leave much more money for needles and yarn.

Carol
NoVA
Go to Top of Page

KysKnitnMom
Permanent Resident

1050 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2005 :  08:41:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit KysKnitnMom's Homepage Send KysKnitnMom a Private Message
I use the Circular Solution.

Megann, in sunny San Diego.

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about....
Go to Top of Page

RobA
Permanent Resident

2373 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2005 :  08:46:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit RobA's Homepage Send RobA a Private Message
I used the Circular Solution but found I prefered using one like this one at Herrschners -- url is
http://www.herrschners.com/products/sku-012208__id-3508.html
It has a cloth cover and clear plastic pockets, velcroes closed and is very portable.

Rob http://roberta.typepad.com/robknits/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.