Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 How do you store your circs?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

jgtck
New Pal

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2005 :  7:06:31 PM  Show Profile Send jgtck a Private Message
I use a bait bag from Cabela's. Same principle as the one from Bass pro. It has binber rings with ziploc type bags. It also has some elastic loops that are great for hold film canisters (where I store my stitch markers, etc.). Everything is held inside a canvas binder that zips closed (great because nothing falls out). There is also a mesh zip pocket on the front for any items I like to be handy.
Go to Top of Page

eclair
Chatty Knitter

New Zealand
320 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  03:42:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit eclair's Homepage Send eclair a Private Message
I use the shoe-box filing method. I open the box, stuff in the needles and then try to get the lid back on before they all escape like Medusa's hair.

Eclair
shame on me.
Go to Top of Page

draymer
Permanent Resident

USA
1481 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  09:19:26 AM  Show Profile Send draymer a Private Message
I'm kind of embarrassed to admit I am as anal with circular storage as everything else. I have a notebook with clear pockets and each circular lives in a pocket, along with its packaging (so I can tell the size) and of course the pockets are filed in ascending size order. I like Eclair's method much better - just wish I could do it. It is actually getting worse as I get older.

Debra
Go to Top of Page

jrwhiskey
Gabber Extraordinaire

378 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  08:11:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit jrwhiskey's Homepage Send jrwhiskey a Private Message
Like Debra, I've got mine organized by size and labeled. I keep them in 3 ring binder CD sleeves (they have a flap).

Julie in central MD
Go to Top of Page

knittingbaglady
Permanent Resident

USA
1207 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  1:52:36 PM  Show Profile Send knittingbaglady a Private Message
There is a wonderful product called a 'Knit Chek'...it determines the size of any and all needles. Great for circulars and double pointed needles too. Been around for many years.

All yarn shops sell them...a most valuable tool.

Martha.

http://www.greenmountainknittingbags.com/
Go to Top of Page

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  6:07:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
Bait binders! Wouldn't my husband be surprised if I asked for bait binders for Christmas!

Jane
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  9:48:12 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message
eclair,how hilarious! I LOL at that!

I just got some of those envelope-like things, clear with a little string you wrap around two buttons, at the local Office Supply store; I've put one or two of the circs in each one, and then all these went into a small tote bag from a book club. I have a few more than 15 envelopes in it and it feels like this could be their home for ages, at least 'til something even more handy comes along.

lella[img]http://smilies.sofrayt.com/^/9971/omelet.gif[/img]

http://zippiknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

trekcelt
Seriously Hooked

USA
849 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  10:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit trekcelt's Homepage Send trekcelt a Private Message
I keep mine in their original plastic sleeves except for my set of Boye interchangeables - they stay in their zipper case.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

FO: 25, WIP: 2
trek's blog

"As for me and my house..."
Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2005 :  3:31:29 PM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by RobA

I used the Circular Solution but found I prefered using one like this one at Herrschners
It has a cloth cover and clear plastic pockets, velcroes closed and is very portable.

I'd love to see a better shot of this.

I have a Circ Solution that some kind soul on KR gifted me with. I like it, although it doesn't have all the metric sizes listed.

I'm even pretty good about actually putting the needles into it every week or so (I do a lot of swatching). I'm thinking of labeling the needles themselves with string tags or something, since I have to double up sizes in the pockets.

Since I do everything either magic loop or 2 circs, the length is irrelevent, but I do need to know the diameter.

Barbara
It's a feature, not a bug.

Photos:
Blog:

Fran's Site:

Go to Top of Page

griffsmom
Gabber Extraordinaire

457 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  2:49:34 PM  Show Profile Send griffsmom a Private Message
I have 1 1/2 sets of the Boye Needlemaster sets, and the hard cases they came in were awkward to get in and out of and the plastic was breaking from old age. So I bought a fabric case at my LYS, which wasn't cheap (about $40.00) but I justified it by being able to fit all my circs and dpns in it and that over the years I'll be knitting, the cost will average out to be negligble. Besides, I like having pretty things. I have a lantern moon case for my straight needles (I don't know who made the one I use for my circs) and a hard case from Jo-Ann's for my tools and doo-dads. Pictures on on my webshots page--link in my signature below.

*~*Lori*~*

My finished projects: http://community.webshots.com/album/308469463umpbHG

"Measure wealth, not by the things you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money." ~ Unknown
Go to Top of Page

argoknit
Seriously Hooked

USA
711 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  6:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit argoknit's Homepage Send argoknit a Private Message
I just keep mine in the original packages and they are all held in my main knitting tote that sits next to my knitting chair. That way I know exactly what size they are. It really has been the easiest.

argoknit

http://www.isaacsondesign.net/

[image]http://www.isaacsondesign.net/forum/llama.gif[/image]
Go to Top of Page

KBerry
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
486 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  7:06:52 PM  Show Profile Send KBerry a Private Message
I was thinking of felting my own case as seen in the new Easy Knitting magazine. I've looked at the ones in the yarn shops but didn't want to actually buy one.
I really like the idea of the one from Bass Proshop. They are opening one of those shops in our area next month, I guess that would be a good excuse to shop there.

Kristin

"Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!"
author unknown
Go to Top of Page

KL
Permanent Resident

6041 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  06:56:25 AM  Show Profile Send KL a Private Message
Oh Eclair- Thank God you are out there with me! I was afraid I'd be banished for my deplorable storage of circulars. They are all stuffed in various containers, and then I can't read the wires for sizes on some of them- so I think "Hell, I'll just get another pair" and they eventually end up in the box giving birth to more.
Should I put them on my New Years Resolution List? But then, we all know what happen to that list! I think I'm Doomed. KL
Go to Top of Page

knittinggal
Chatty Knitter

USA
296 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  07:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit knittinggal's Homepage Send knittinggal a Private Message
I use Circular Solutions also. I had considered the coupon case and just getting a notebook and using the plastic pockets for pencils, but I want my cables to be extended and not looped or curled. CS seems to be best for that, although kinda unattractive! lol

Kay
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  08:05:05 AM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message
Has anyone tried these circular needle tags? I'm thinking of getting them. I have fabric case with pockets, which helps, but I still have to check the sizes. I think I'm going to get the tags.

WendyB
Knit to your heart's delight.
Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  08:52:23 AM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by WendyB

Has anyone tried these circular needle tags? I'm thinking of getting them. I have fabric case with pockets, which helps, but I still have to check the sizes. I think I'm going to get the tags.

I thought about getting those tags, but I know I'll lose them every time I take them off, so I'm thinking about using string tags instead. I don't really need to know the length, anyway, just the circumferance. But, I haven't actually started, yet.

Barbara
It's a feature, not a bug.

Photos:
Blog:

Fran's Site:

Go to Top of Page

catsrule
New Pal

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  11:57:08 AM  Show Profile Send catsrule a Private Message
My bamboo circulars are in original plastic sleeves which has a hole for displaying at top. I put them on an oversized easy open pear- shaped metal ring. It really can hold lots. Hang it in your work room or throw in your bag. I like to be prepared when away from home.
Worried about a over-curly plastic between needles....place it under boobs for a few minutes or sit on it...
Linda in Ohio/catsrule
Go to Top of Page

KL
Permanent Resident

6041 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  6:19:15 PM  Show Profile Send KL a Private Message
Love it, Loveit, Love it-Place under Boobs! LMAO at the wonderful inginuity [sp?] of knitters! Use that which is closest! KL
Go to Top of Page

weB2cats
Warming Up

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  6:53:28 PM  Show Profile  Send weB2cats a Yahoo! Message Send weB2cats a Private Message
Gee, I still keep my cirs in their original plastic packaging with the size card enclosed. Then, to unroll the needles, simply place in a pan of warm water and watch them unfold!
Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  7:14:39 PM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message
Kristin! December 5th, I think I've heard. I [sort of] hope I'm still in the area...that store is HUGE! I'd love to see the inside of it!

chris

quote:
Originally posted by KBerry

I was thinking of felting my own case as seen in the new Easy Knitting magazine. I've looked at the ones in the yarn shops but didn't want to actually buy one.
I really like the idea of the one from Bass Proshop. They are opening one of those shops in our area next month, I guess that would be a good excuse to shop there.

Kristin

"Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!"
author unknown

Keep on knittin', mama, knittin' those blues away!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.48 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?