Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 100 to 250 Yards
 200 yds Interlacements Dyer's Choice
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

flutebabe
Seriously Hooked

968 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2005 :  06:34:49 AM  Show Profile Send flutebabe a Private Message
I bought the most beautiful deep luscious RED 100% wool yarn from Interlacements during the Taos Wool Festival. There are 200 yards in the 16 ounces of bulky yarn. I had to have it because of the color alone. I don't know what to make with it. It is ITCHY as all get-out, so a scarf is OUT. I don't dare felt it because the color might fade. I was thinking about maybe a throw to put on my sofa, using big needles. It is just such a beautiful color. I'm tempted to just set the wad in a bowl on my coffee table and just drool on it.

I don't wear hats, don't use mittens too often in Texas... Don't think I could stand the itchiness anyway.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

fleurdog
Chatty Knitter

106 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2005 :  09:47:31 AM  Show Profile Send fleurdog a Private Message
Hi -

I just had a similar dilemma with my 240 yds of mohair. I'm really pleased with the "Little Wrap" I made. I improvised the pattern after looking at the picture on the Knitpicks website. I think 200 yards could be enough, depending on the size you need. You wear it over something else, so scratchiness isn't a problem.

The yarn sounds lovely - watch that drooling!

C.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?