Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Pattern Talk
 Share your creations!
 Cabled earflap hat
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

trekcelt
Seriously Hooked

USA
849 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  1:37:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit trekcelt's Homepage Send trekcelt a Private Message
The Cabled Earflap Hat is done. Pictures and pattern on the blog.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

FO: 25, WIP: 1
trek's blog

"As for me and my house..."

The Irish Ewe
Permanent Resident

USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  4:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Irish Ewe's Homepage Send The Irish Ewe a Private Message
For crying out loud Trek, slow down hon... I can't keep up with you! lol Great hat, might be bumped to the top of the list... maybe even over the spiral one from a few days ago...

The Irish Ewe
Norway, Maine
http://www.TheIrishEwe.com
Go to Top of Page

trekcelt
Seriously Hooked

USA
849 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  5:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit trekcelt's Homepage Send trekcelt a Private Message
Ewe, LOL - That's what I've been doing with all of the leftover yarns: yarn hats for my toddler! So far, she has four. (Also, made one for the niece to match her sweater). If you make this hat for a larger person, you will need to make a longer band, obviously, but also you'll need to pick up that many more stitches, too. Do it in multiples of 8 + 2 and adjust the decreases following the established pattern. Email or PM if any problems.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

FO: 25, WIP: 1
trek's blog

Go to Top of Page

Quinacridone
Chatty Knitter

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  8:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Quinacridone's Homepage Send Quinacridone a Private Message
DARLING HAT PATTERN!!!!

I want to make one for me, though! Do you think it would work if I just attempted to use a heavier guage yarn with larger needles? Or is that a no-go?

my knitting blog: http://knittinginsteadofhousework.blogspot.com/

to view my art: http://members.cox.net/sherritzej
Go to Top of Page

kknitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

407 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  06:20:39 AM  Show Profile Send kknitter a Private Message
Love, LOVE that cabled hat! Too cute! Hats and mittens are such great stash busters.

~KKnitter's Blog
Go to Top of Page

trekcelt
Seriously Hooked

USA
849 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  07:11:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit trekcelt's Homepage Send trekcelt a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Quinacridone

DARLING HAT PATTERN!!!!

I want to make one for me, though! Do you think it would work if I just attempted to use a heavier guage yarn with larger needles? Or is that a no-go?

This one can actually fit me (21" circumference head) and my DD (19" - little big on her and the ear flaps are a little more like Roman centurion cheek guards). If you wanted to increase it, you might try adding one extra cable repeat and correspondingly more picked up stitches. Or the heavier yarn and larger needles. Just check gauge first!

trek's blog FO: 39, WIP: 2, OH: 1

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.