Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Good little knitted gift for a knitter?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

margaret9
Chatty Knitter

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  5:36:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit margaret9's Homepage Send margaret9 a Private Message
I'm visiting friends next week and bringing presents-----the non knitters have been easy to knit for, but one of my friends is a really good knitter, and I want to make her something, but I'm just stumped. Felted bag? She would probably want to make her own mittens or hat. Although she hasn't really knit anything for herself yet, she does alot of gifts and baby clothes. Do you think I could do a booga bag in 3 days? I'm a good knitter too so I could probably pull it off. Never made one before though....are they good gifts?

~rosie~
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
435 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  5:38:47 PM  Show Profile Send ~rosie~ a Private Message
I'd say it's a great gift! Every knitter needs a booga bag, I say!

I'm hopelessly addicted. I'm strung out on yarn.
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  6:04:48 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
But isn't it going to take at least a couple days just to dry?

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

knittin away
Seriously Hooked

880 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  6:30:37 PM  Show Profile
I'd make a kind of catch-all carry knitting tote/bag. Maybe non-felted.
Go to Top of Page

blazfglori
Permanent Resident

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  08:40:24 AM  Show Profile Send blazfglori a Private Message
Booga bags are awesome!

You can definitely have one done in 3 days. :)

They don't take that long to dry, at least the ones I've knit haven't.

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  09:35:17 AM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message
Or how about a felted mini-bag for little projects (e.g., socks).
Go to Top of Page

Becky in MO
Seriously Hooked

769 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  10:02:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Becky in MO a Yahoo! Message Send Becky in MO a Private Message
You know, this is really a good question. What would you give??

I thought, why not knit them something. We all know how much work goes into something. So, another kindred knitter would know and appreciate just as much as we would.

BUT...just incase you didn't want to knit something...a gift certificate from a favorite store of theirs (the yarn shop, walmart - for some more yarn for that stash...).

This is making me think too.
Go to Top of Page

Valk_scot
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
1281 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  10:53:55 AM  Show Profile Send Valk_scot a Private Message
How about a really nice lined basket for her to keep her knitting in? Quicker to make a ruffled elastic-edged lining for a shop bought basket than to knit the basket.

Val.

[img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_9_21.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

joseyknit
New Pal

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  12:30:15 PM  Show Profile Send joseyknit a Private Message
What is a booga bag?

Josey
Go to Top of Page

blazfglori
Permanent Resident

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  12:39:28 PM  Show Profile Send blazfglori a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by joseyknit

What is a booga bag?

Josey

Check it out here:

http://www.blacksheepbags.com/booga_bag.html

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

joseyknit
New Pal

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  12:43:08 PM  Show Profile Send joseyknit a Private Message
That'a very pretty, thank you, Lori.

Josey
Go to Top of Page

pkee
Chatty Knitter

222 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  2:25:24 PM  Show Profile Send pkee a Private Message
I'm sure that she would appreciate a booga bag. I note that you said she had a lot of baby clothes. Is she a new mom? If so, perhaps you could get her a few restaurant gift certificates or perhaps put together a special mom's knitting bag? One spends a lot of time waiting as a parent. The Vogue Knitting book for Toddlers, a set of circular needles, and yarn . . . a grab and go bag for the ped visits :) Alternatively, I'd knit her a shrug . . . elegant w/ a huge collar so that she can be modest when/if she's nursing.

Everyone always remembers the babies but Mom is usually neglected in the process.

Pam
Go to Top of Page

Busyhands
Permanent Resident

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  08:32:11 AM  Show Profile Send Busyhands a Private Message
I have a couple of knitting friends, and occasionally I knit for them...but more often I give them some nice yarn - frequently with a pattern to go with it. One of my favorite knitting gifts I ever received was yarn, needle, and strict instructions to make it for ME and not anyone else!

Lin, High Priestess of Liberal Color Usage
"Wearing cheerful, multicolored hats is a public service, easy to perform, and of incalculable value." - Anna Zilboorg
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Busyhands/elisaintunnel.jpg[/IMG]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?